Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: For those who have their doubts... - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
with 512mb of RAM i'd either set MAX Load to 15 or 30 mins not always otherwise if you load a huge track (such as 60 - 80 min) you will probably run into the same problems as you did before.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 04 @ 1:01 pm
*** Attention VDJ Development team ***

Over and over again I am able to make VDJ crash. Crash guard came up and asked me to recover or exit. This time i was connected to the internet and I had zone alarm running and caught the crash guard communicating back to atomix.

My firewall prompted me: crashguard2.exe is trying to use another program to connect to the Internet or your local network. Do you wish to allow? My answer: Hell yeah! Please send all revalant info to VDJ development team so that this bug can be fixed.

I am happy to report that I sent at least 7-8 crash messages to VDJ development team for bug info!! I continued to crash and crash and crash an send the info up so that you can see what is the problem.

THIS TIME: The crash was triggered by using the back spin effect. There are other ways to make the program unstable.

*** VDJ Team look for this info ***
Date: was November 7, 2004
Time: 8:50am to 9:06 EST
My IP address XX.XX.101.160
I am a registered user, you have my email and serial number on file

Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or why this happens?

WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 2:14 pm

Idea for VDJ development team:

If VDJ user is not connected to the internet, create a crash.log on the desktop so that the user can mail it to e-service for support.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 9:22 pm
Whats your computer's temperature?

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 6:00 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the only way i know of how to crash VDJ is whenthe song is not loaded completly into memory (ie you have loaded a song over the max load limit so it is continually loading as it is playing.

if you then completly zoom out on the CGB window and grap the wave from and pull it quickly past the edge of where the song is loaded the program will crash (if the computer cannot load the info in time relating to where the position is now)

this could also work with the backspin effect as it simulates a function similar to this (i believe that when playing in this mode that it also frees RAM before the song (meaning song data that has been already played after a specified amount of time has passed)

WirelessDJ: is this a bug when the song is completly loaded or something as i have described here...

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 8:01 am
temperature? 98.6

hehe, no that is not it. It performs fine with all other programs

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 12:29 pm
98 degrees is pretty hot if you ask me :-s

maybe other applications are less sensitive to heated processors.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 11:21 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I hope he is talking about degrees F not C.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:25 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
98.6 looks more like FM radio frequency...

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 1:35 am
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 7:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)