Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC-3 1.3 custom mapper not working - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

First up thanks jpboggis for your continued hard work on this mapper, it really is appreciated.

Now the bad news.... I cannot get the new mapper to work! As with the last update, I have copied the .dll file into my virtual DJ folder. When i start virtual DJ, it is just reverting back to the basic control of the DAC 3 that comes as default with virtual DJ. When i went back to using 1.2 of your plug in it seemed to be working fine and that's where I'm stuck at. I have upgraded windows xp on my laptop using windows update so my operating system is up to date.

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 1:54 am
Don't know much about it, but make sure the file is going into the same direcrtory as the mapper that works, also make sure there are no typos in the filename too. After you copy the working mapper, try copying the new mapper into the correct directory, if the spelling ad directory are correct, windows should ask if you want to over write.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 12:23 pm
Are you running Windows XP service pack 2? You can tell by opening My Computer and then going to Help -> About Windows (It will say 'Service Pack 2' at the end of the version.)

Also, do you have the Microsoft .NET framework installed? This may be required because the mapper is actually using the 2.0 code with the unfinished custom mapper interface disabled.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 1:46 pm
I am running service pack 2 however I haven't installed NET framework. The reason for this is that I bought my laptop from nusystems and it came with the most stripped down version of windows you have ever seen, it doesn't even have internet explorer on it! The laptop only has Virtual DJ on it and as a result, has not crashed being used 5 nights a week in hot nighclubs and in the year I have had it running. I shall try installing NET framework and no doubt this will solve my problem, shall keep you posted.

Thanks guys

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 2:24 pm
Your suggestion did the trick, many thanks. New mapper is great!

Quick question: when i press fx, the bottom window just scrolls through all thge video fx by itself. how do i stop this fom happening? I can select fx and apply them fine as described in your rather comprehensive instructions using numbers 1 to 10.

I just wish you could trigger 3 effects at once from the DAC-3, why on earth did atomix take a step backwards!?

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:02 pm
Quote :

Quick question: when i press fx, the bottom window just scrolls through all thge video fx by itself. how do i stop this fom happening?

If the video transition or video effect is set to 0, it will be changed randomly. Set it to 1 or greater to choose them manually (1 = first in list.)

For audio effects, there is no random option - These should not change unless you press the DOWN/UP buttons.

Quote :

I just wish you could trigger 3 effects at once from the DAC-3, why on earth did atomix take a step backwards!?

Hopefully this will be fixed in VDJ 4.1

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 4:42 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone had a problem with the sync button working with the new mapper?.

I hit shift + Match and nothing happens.

Jpboggis..your help would be appreciated.

I wish we can choose between using the "Match" button for sync or matching the pitch.

I liked having the match button used as SYNC in your earlier version

By the way, good job yet again.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 7:36 pm
It looks like the way 'sync' works has changed in VDJ 4.0 - 'sync_nocbg' appears to work similar to how 'sync' did in VDJ 3.x - I'll look into changing this and adding a user parameter to swap the functions of MATCH and SHIFT+MATCH

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 8:54 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Excellent.

Thank you for taking the communities feedback and adding it to your mapper.

This is why I LOVE VDJ.

Great softwate but a better community

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 9:49 pm
This is going to be the mutz nutz when the gui mapper is released.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 2:14 am
Is it just me or does the mapper not work when you upgrade to 4.1? I have tried older versions of the mapper and none of them are working. Got a gig in a few hours, help!!!!!!

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 5:36 pm
I have uninstalled the 4.1 update and gone back to version 4 so thankfully up and running again...

Is it possible to disable the key lock from coming on when using the jog wheel to pitch bend? When i'm doing a mix and use the jog wheel without having the keylock on, the sound jumps in volume and i get minor clicking sounds. It's fine if i keep the keylock on all the time but i don't like mixing every tune like this. My soundcard is the u64dj and i'm running the latest drivers. I would like to go back to how it behaved in version 1.2 of the mapper without having to go back to using the old mapper if possible.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 6:01 pm
The current mapper will not work in VDJ 4.1 because the plugin interface has been changed. An updated version of the mapper will be released shortly (And should also fix the issues with .NET framework.)

You can disable the keylock while pitchbending with user pararmeter 55 (Set this to 0) - See the last section of the DAC-3 mapper manual for details on how to change user parameters.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:14 pm
Hi Boggis,

Not to be impatient, but, how shortly is "shortly"? I'd like to do some testing this week with 4.1 to see if it actually works properly and I use your mapper with 3.4 currently. I never used 4.0 at a gig because there were issues.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:07 pm
Does this mean my ver 4.0 Dac2 mapper won't work with it either?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:18 am
Boooo, I was right!!

So it seems you have to enable the plugin now in external devices under effects, I hope we don't have to do that everytime we load VDJ.

What do I have to do to get my old DAC2 plugin to work now? Just add a description and image would be nice, but I doubt it will be that easy!

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Soundman69 wrote :
Hi Boggis,

Not to be impatient, but, how shortly is "shortly"? I'd like to do some testing this week with 4.1 to see if it actually works properly and I use your mapper with 3.4 currently. I never used 4.0 at a gig because there were issues.

The new mapper will only be compatible with VirtualDJ v4.1 as it's now integrated in the plugins engine

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 2:20 pm
It most certainly does not work with 4.1, it is not listed as an external plug in or effect.

On a plus side, I have just worked out how to re-numberr all the effects and get them working using the DAC3 Mapper, just brilliant. Now if only I could get Virtual DJ to save where I load the effects each time and I would be happy...

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 5:15 pm
Yes I meant the new plugin for 4.1 I want to test 4.1 with my DAC3. 3.4 works fine with 1.3 of the plugin. But I want to try 4.1 now since it's allegedly bugfixed. 4.0 has several "issues" so I wouldn't use it at a gig.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 7:17 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Anyone could post new versions of DAC3Mapper.h and DAC3DefaultMapper.cpp?
I'm using my own custom mapper for DAC3 and I'd like to recompile it and get it to work before the next gig on friday...
Thanks.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 8:51 am
71%