Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: *** TO THOSE WHO HEAR NOISES/POPS/CRACKLES/UNDERBUFFERING *** - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well, even when scratching non videos, try this for me, turn down your highs and mids all the way and your bass almost half way up and see if you get any weird sounds. You almost can't hear it with the highs and mids up. I updated the BIOS and Chipset. How do find out if it is a light version???

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 8:23 am

Think you just ruled out the video card as the factor...

If this happens with audio files as well, its very unlikely that the graphic card is making issues.

Try some of TopHouse suggestions regarding sharing ....

It often ridicolous what might case problems too, such as LAN cards making conflicts etc...

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 8:27 am
I still seem to think it has something to do with the USB mouse and keyboard. I am gonna see what I can do. I also have a bigger power supply I am gonna throw in this thing. I wonder if that can make a difference. What about a PCI USB card to be used for MK2 and the onboard USB to be used for keyboard and mouse???

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:09 am
Well after playing some more, I am even more confused. I took the MK2 off the system and ran Onboard. Every time I tried to scratch or change the EQ settings it would crackle pop and studder. I am really getting sick of this machine as it isnt VDJ that is the problem. I am going to try the Re-Install from the Dell website to take it back to a fresh Windows XP Media Center. I am then gonna add a PCI USB port for the MK2 and X-Session and leave the keyboard and mouse on the Onboard USBs. If that doesnt work I am gonna change my power supply which I already have. If that doesnt work I am going to change the Video card. If that doesnt work I am going to grab my 5lb sledge hammer and beat the shit out of it. I KNOW this isnt VDJs fault it is DELLs fault and I told the bosses not to buy one.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:01 am
Sorry you're having all these problems mate, everyone's been in a similar situation with computers at some point. But i just killed myself laughing at that last bit!

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:33 am
Well here is what I am glad about. My weekend DJ still has all those Promo Only DVDs and PCDJ on another PC and My gig machine runs 3.4 and 4.0 flawlessly. Dell= Get Drunk and pray it works. If it doesn't throw it out the window.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:43 am
Someone please try this and let me know your outcome. Put a VOB in player one and turn the High and Mid all the way down on mk2. Leave the bass where it is and play song. No crackles or pops?? Now start to scratch the VOB and tell me what you hear. If I have all EQs at normal I have no issues, but as soon as I turn the Highs and Mids all the way down I hear the crackles. It doesnt matter if it is a video or mp3 it does it. It also does it in 3.4.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Sorry how much ram do you have? and X600 isn't the Pro version with 256MB of dedicated vram? Your Pc seems to have a PCI-Express slot for the videocard and not a AGP.

When you have that you have latency issues, you are trying to use fast settings in slower hardware, maybe the memory, the video card, the Windows config...

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:28 am
Well It really seams like a combination of both. I know that the video card is crap and also I did see that the computers OS isnt set up to change IRQs. Here is what I found

You cannot change the IRQ setting because the setting is unavailable. This occurs because Windows takes advantage of the ACPI features of the motherboard, including advanced PCI sharing

It goes on to tell me that I need to re-install the OS and set to Standard PC when installing. I know I need a new video card, HOWEVER If I use my onboard sound and use the MK2 as a midi device and set to safe mode crackles are gone. I really do believe I can make this work with a fresh install and a new video card.

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 9 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771 OK
IRQ 16 RADEON X600 Series OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D0 OK
IRQ 16 VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA OK
IRQ 18 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 20 Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection OK
IRQ 20 Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0 OK
IRQ 21 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8 OK
IRQ 21 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC OK
IRQ 22 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9 OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB OK

Note the USB and the Radeon sharing. This is a new 6 port PCI USB port I installed and it is at 16. Any other ways around this to change it?? RAM is at 2 Gig Also if I enable onboard in BIOS it is 16

How do IO know which USB ports are the ones in the 20's??

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:42 am
One more update and I don't know if this will help. When I play a VOB in any skin WITHOUT video enabled there are no crackles or Pops, but as soon as I activate the video out it crackles and pops like mad. I don't know if that is a clue to something I am missing or what.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 8:21 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Try Performance Settings with Safe on and overclock on. Try the slider at your left (fast) & try. I think if you uncheck safe mode and put performance in Fastest, it will work good.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:10 am
Tried it, no luck!! I am striking out here on this system, not VDJs fault. ACW I still wonder if this video card is causing all this hell. It came factory with this Dell pice of #$%$##@#$#.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:42 am
ouch.... your usb2 hub is sharing IRQ with your graphic card.
Can cause issues for sure.

Are you using any USB hardware?

Try "fooling" windows into asigning the usb 2 hub into a different IRQ. Right click, and disable it.
Restart PC, right click and enable it.
With luck, it could be asigned to new IRQ.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:57 am
Problem is.... I just installed that bad boy today. I had all these same problems yesterday without that USB PCI card installed. Everything seems to be going to 16... Onboard 16 (Not Listed), X600 16, new usb thinngyyy 16. WILL A NEW OS HELP. Not yelling at you just yelling at this Darn DELL.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:58 am

Your PC is pretty new right? You dont have too many things on it yet, so ... I would acctually suggest a clean install of OS.

Its definitively worth a shot.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:09 am
Everything I put on it is on a 500gig hd that is seperate from the factory one.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:11 am
ok...

Its worth a try. Reinstall of Windows should take you less than an hour, and might fix things.

Its at least one option to try, and maybe it can help

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:14 am
However it would involve me buying the new OS. XP Pro correct??? Should I install it as Standard PC or ACPI??

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:17 am
some might disagree, but I will still say ACPI.
It will let Windows take control of all IRQ handling etc. And its has its pro and cons...

What OS do you have ?
If you dont have XP, then its really about time ;)
XP + latest direct X will help your video perforance...

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:19 am
It is XP Media Center. It is a brand new computer. Have the latest Direct X, Windows Media Player 10, ATI Drivers. She still is putting up a fight.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:22 am
56%