Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: *** TO THOSE WHO HEAR NOISES/POPS/CRACKLES/UNDERBUFFERING *** - Page: 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Already changed swapfile. Already updated DX9. This is using both the mouse and the MK2. Now we are talking about 3.4 right now as I want to get that running. Now I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but sometimes when I open anything my screen flickers a little bit. Also takes videos longer to load. Is this an NVIDIA thing?? Sometimes I will also get black lines from time to time on my main monitor. Does this video card have an external power supply (Video Card)???

I miss my ATI :[

Also this computer will go online due to napster. I have windows firewall running and no antivirus at the moment.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 2:01 am
4.0 FLAWLESS, No pops, crackles, or any distortion whatsoever on ANY SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 3:03 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Nice to hear :)) !! Tell us what you did?

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 3:15 am
Well I tried 3 different video cards and ended up going with the NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT OC, Installed fresh OS XP Home which took my processes from 46 to 24. Did the system tweaks that are on the 2nd page of this post. Still have problems with 3.4 hearing noise when moving sliders. Got a power supply 9V for the MK2, Added a powered USB HUB. Changed performance in NVIDIA to Best Performance. Changed settings in VDJ to Latency: Auto, Slider is in 2nd spot from left. OverClocked is on. I am still gonna play with it to see if I can get it any better, but as of now it is working and that is more than I can say for all last week and this week. Any Ideas how to fix my issues in 3.4 they will be greatly appreciated. If I can think of anything else I did I will let you know.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 3:24 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, if V4 is working for you, you should stick with it because it has a much better sound than 3.4, which is most important in the club. Just test it a little more to be sure it is stable. Hope everything ends up good for ya!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 3:29 am
Well 3.4 works ok enough for my weekend guy as all he does is mix videos with no scratching or anything else so I am gonna run with it. I wanna thank all who helped me with this problem if ur ever in the Cleveland Ohio area let me know I will buy a few drinks!!!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 4:15 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Well 3.4 works ok enough for my weekend guy as all he does is mix videos with no scratching or anything else so I am gonna run with it. I wanna thank all who helped me with this problem if ur ever in the Cleveland Ohio area let me know I will buy a few drinks!!!

Never mind the drinks, I'm coming to your house for my holidays! LOL

Am really glad you got it sorted mate, God knows you put all the effort in there and persevered.

I feel like the doctor that just delivered a baby!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 10:07 am
Its a mutant 4.3 baby BOY

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 10:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)