Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: BPM & MIXING GUIDE [manual BPM edit and more] - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Great tutorial.I'm thinking about purchasing a copy for myself. I've been over my cousin's house using his and it's off the hook. You've taught me more on here than any tutorial I've been on.

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 9:36 am
I just downloaded the trial for myself. Is there a tutorial that can teach u to scratch with the software?

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 10:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 11:42 am
Remember that Hiphop is totally different from trance, house, electro and anything in between.

Hiphop is going by 4 by 4, so you gotta time the right beat, lol, it sucks, but unless you know the real secret behind mixing hiphop remmeber that its every 4 counts to align the 1st deck with the 2nd deck or vice versa.

-jc

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 5:54 am
HakaoriHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys,
I bought the Herc Mk2 and got VDJ with it... very nice program and I read DJ-Norways tips, they really helped me out alot. Thanks for that.

Thats really all I had to say lol!

Posted Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 5:19 pm
What I have done is sorted all my songs in to folders that have the same or thereabouts BPM and Named the them after that BPM, then created sub folders after there style eg, house, drum n bass etc etc, that way you know where you are with the BPM and works well live for me.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:51 am
hey whats up? dj 2 dj, were do they sell the herk mk2, besides the net?
I need one, becuase the gigs are comming!!
thanks
dj Antone

Posted Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 4:54 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
where do you live?

Posted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 2:52 pm
YekiniHome userMember since 2007
Hi
Thanks guys I really appreciate your efforts. Could someone show me how to mix accapella tracks with different versions of instrumentals in the form of (Rap, hip hop, R&B and Dancehall Style). Like snoop dog accapella track mixed with say Lil Wayne instrumental etc. What should I look out for and what are tricks? How do I concentrate? This would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 1:02 am
Hello guys,how do you mix hip hop tracks and how do you scratch vinyls on virtual dj

Posted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 4:01 pm
how do you mix hip hop songs on virtual dj and how do you scratch on the vinyls properly.

Posted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 4:04 pm

For proper scratch you need to use an external controller...

Suck as using timecode (CD or Vinyl) to control VDJ using regular turntable or scratch cd players (such as CDJ 80).

Or similar midi controllers supporting touch sensitive jogwheels, such as XP10 or Vestax VCI-100

You can of course do OK scratch without having the expensive gear above, as DJ Gauge proved with his insanly well adapted techniques for using Hercules MK2 for scratch...

Posted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 7:12 pm

Dj Gauge demonstrating scratch on Hercules MK2

Posted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 7:13 pm

Dj Gauge demonstrating timecode vinyls

Posted Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 7:14 pm
does anyone know where i can download sound effects the type that is frequently used for hip hop and reggae music.

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:43 pm
Yes, mrosemond you can download sound effects from the internet. Just go on google and do a little search and you should be able to find many effects. You might want to search "DJ Effects" and see. I don't encourage P2P downloads but I am sure you can find some there too. We also have "Samples" in the "Downloads" section here on this site but I see that you are not a licensed user. I recomend you get VDJ Pro so you can download the samples which have effects and also you can download many other things we have to offer here for our Licensed Djs.

If you have any other questions then please feel free to ask here or PM me. Thanks!

Peace!
DJ Naamnaam!

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 9:50 am
i am looking for a sound effect/ loop to play when i am mixing some hip/hop. it sounds like a drawn out horn. almost like a trumpet or something, it is really popular. any ideas thanks!!

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 3:36 am
Hello. I may not be good English but I have a question to you, maybe one can think of a tutorial program for the dj what I can do everything, you know. Would net if it would be in English =).

Yours greet

dennis Schwarz

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 5:21 pm
DJPAPIIHome userMember since 2007
heyy people i'm dj papii i just started djing :)

Posted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 3:49 am
thanks guys for all those tips... they helped me in some ways, and i think that is the main idea of the forum to help the beginners...

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 11:02 am
81%