Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: BPM & MIXING GUIDE [manual BPM edit and more] - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

donmostHome userMember since 2006
is anyone selling used versions

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 8:03 pm
How do you deal with songs with tempo changes? Like in a trance song, if the breakdown isn't an exact number of beats, when the beat comes back in it won't be lined up. But if you fix it, the beat before the breakdown won't be correct! Is there any way to force the beats to be at different positions at different parts of the song?

Posted Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 2:08 am
i am a new Dj, I am using virtual dj and dj console mk2. I want to mix rap, hip hop and r&b I know you have to beat match and I think I am have gotten that part down, its just when I try switching the songs it doesn’t sound smooth. Is there any tips or tricks to mix these types of genres thank you

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:08 am
For Hiphop try ligning the new song up on 1st beat of 4 (they go by 4 by 4 beats)

And at the right momemnt, slam the new song in ON beat (1st beat of current song playing), and switch crossfader instantly.

If thats hard, make super small loop (4 beats), and try a SHORT transition.

Hiphop doesnt sound good at long transitions, and its hard to make them overlap without vocal clashes.
So these djs usually slam the beat in, or scratch and release on the 1st beat.

A good way to start learning for you, would be getting ULTIMIXES of your favorite hiphop songs.
These are DJ friendly remixes of the hiphop songs, with 32 beat intro and outro, that makes it easy to mix.

Hope that helps ;)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 6:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
donmost wrote :
is anyone selling used versions

you cannot purcase "used versions of the software"

this is ilegal.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 12:18 pm
It helps a lot thank you

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 8:25 pm
Step 2 of Hip hop mixing :

1st beat after 2nd chorurs of the song you are playing, slam that into first beat of the song your mixing in...

Reason, its a "break down" , and it sounds good to make the transition here.
Secondly, you have less chances of getting a vocal clash.

If you want to prepare, make a cue point at the first beat after the 2nd chours, and listen that it has no vocals for the next 8 or 16 beats.
At the cue point, start 2nd song that you cued up at first beat of the song, and move the crossfader over to the new deck, in 4 or 8 beats at most (short transition)

Works well with a lot of hip hop songs;)

Posted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 4:26 pm
Hi, i'm a new DJ and am using virtualDJ. Is there a way one can mix three or four tracks at the same time. thanks

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:38 am
yes with multi instance , and a multi instance skin for pro users you can do this

but you will need to buy the software ;)

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 10:44 am
HOW DO I GET A MIXER THING THATS MY DREAM SOME BODY HELP PLEASE AND I NEED A USED VERSION SOME THING CHEAP I CANT AFFORED IT

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 5:45 am
lilvicky17 wrote :
HOW DO I GET A MIXER THING THATS MY DREAM SOME BODY HELP PLEASE AND I NEED A USED VERSION SOME THING CHEAP I CANT AFFORED IT

if you mean hardware and live in the uk

check out www.decks.co.uk very cheap good mixers

and dissable your caps plz looks like ur shouting at folks :)

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 11:37 am
yobraHome userMember since 2007
hie there. am new in djing,as in i have no experience completely. i was sucked into mixing by my friends a month ago, i love mixing reggae and rock. pliz if anyone out there cares introduce me! am a fast learner and i have the interest

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:48 pm
I was searching the internet , but i could'nt find any sites that have ULTIMIXES , can some one post some thx

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:33 am

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 12:24 am
For beginner what i did i have the hercules dj consule for 2 years now,
the best way to start is one of the software (www.hercules.com for downl)
that shows a block at eacht base line in each 4 beats. combine two tracks with that
but BMP has to be little bit faster or slower to the with first track you are playing
like deck A 88.5BMP Deck B round 90.5 BMP is easy to crossover.
but use the pitch tempo to make it one beat line listen good for the baseline.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 4:39 pm
Lar5000PRO InfinityMember since 2006
The update instructions for using MixMeister BPM Analyzer mentions a Database Updater that could be found in the Effects Download section but I don't see it anywhere. Is it still available?

Thanx

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 2:05 am
ALBERTHHome userMember since 2007
QUE ONDA RAZA !! ME ALEGRA UNIRME A ESTE FORO DE DJ, ESPERO APRENDER MUCHO POR AQUI CON LOS MAESTROS DE MAESTROS JAJAJAJAJA SE CUIDAN CHAVALES ORALE .

mod:
THAT WAVE RACE! IT CHEERS TO ME TO UNITE TO ME TO THIS FORUM OF DJ, I HOPE TO LEARN MUCH THIS WAY WITH THE TEACHERS OF TEACHERS JAJAJAJAJA TAKE CARE OF CHAVALES ORALE

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 6:53 am
hola

Posted Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 10:57 pm

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 3:47 pm
tannengHome userMember since 2007
fewfwf

Posted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 1:39 pm
65%