Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This Sucks... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ThaManHome userMember since 2005
Well i'm a registered user and all...
but do you moderators have to describe that in every topic on this forum... It is a support forum accessable for everybody, is it not better to make it registered only.
I'm searching for a solution now for about an hour with the search button, and the only thig i get when seeing a dedired topic is "only in the full, register here, register there".

Also with in the downloads... only for proffesional users... that is so lame, i payed equal to everybody here, so whay can't i download the plugins then... this is so bad !

Well i'm a bit dissapointed in VirtualDj because of the sucky support... i can better read a newspaper instead... the same bla bla all over again.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 8:48 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm pretty sure that the problems you're having are because you do not have the full pro version of VDJ. You can upgrade to the full version on this website, which will give you greater levels of support, and more access to the downloads, etc.

Perhaps one of the HDJC users can confirm?

I think I can vouch for every single pro edition registered user here when I say that the support does not suck. In fact it's quite the opposite.

And to be fair, it does clearly state:

NOTE: most of the effects are only available for the registred users. To be registred, you must have bought Virtual DJ from this website, and you must create a login/password using the same email address you used to purchase Virtual DJ.

It's all very well being registered, but you still need to have the FULL version...:o)

P

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 9:08 pm
ThaManHome userMember since 2005
That will cover it... i have the version wich was with the Hercules Dj Console MK II

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 9:39 pm
Did you pay the same as a professiona user? I don't think so. That's why they have different levels. If you spend a little more, you will get a little more. It works like that in all forms of life. You get what you pay for. Now if you paid for the full version, and did not get it, you have a right to be pissed. The support I have received here, has been great, and they don't know me from Adam.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 9:56 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Yup, we suck.....

But anyway, maybe if you register your software the doors will open for you.
It is my understanding that mk2 users got version 3.2, which is now being upgraded to 3.3.
If it is registered wrong this can happen also.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:23 pm
The HDJC2 costs more than VDJ Pro so you're right, he didn't pay the same as most users on this site, he paid more. It's understandable though that Hercules probably only give Atomix a fraction of the cost of VDJ Pro per sale so we get limited versions.

ThaMan also stated in the first post of this thread that he's already registered so I'm not sure why this has any relevence "maybe if you register your software the doors will open for you" also it is quite clear on the downloads page that HDJC2 users can't download these plugins, the red italics are a giveaway "(Professional edition user level only)".

MK2 users get a limited version of 3.1, nowhere near full. It has the effects module in the program, just that we can't actually download any to add to it. The 3.3 upgrade made no noticable difference to me although it was mainly a load of bugfixes.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:35 pm
"The HDJC2 costs more than VDJ Pro so you're right, he didn't pay the same as most users on this site, he paid more. It's understandable though that Hercules probably only give Atomix a fraction of the cost of VDJ Pro per sale so we get limited versions."

You are right, he did pay more, because he got more. He paid for a CONTROLLER. Hercules sells controllers. They paid VDJ some money, for a limited license, to go with that controller. It's a business deal. When you buy a computer, you get a bunch of limited use of software. You don't get the full versions. This is not something new.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:54 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Version that is included with the Hercules DJ console MK2 is the home edition, and this version is not even fully paid for when you get it with the Hercules! - The Hercules it's self is very cheap for what you get, and you expect FREE proffesional software with it too?, wow you must be on a budget, The price of VDJ Pro is not much more than a couple of CD's.

I actually bought VDJ Pro before anything else, then bought a DJ console, did I complain about buying VDJ twice?, No! Becuase I hadn't, The version in the box is nearly FREE.

VDJ are very good to offer Hercules Customers the amount of support they do imo, and comming on here pointing the figure like you deserve something more is plain childish.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:58 pm
I already said that in my own post, and don't forget this is a community forum. Most support comes from people not actually affiliated with Atomix. There are some very helpful staff members (dj-in-norway) being one of them, but noone should be refused help from a public community forum - unless they are clearly breaking the board rules.

Also the HDJC2 comes with the Home Edition of VDJ, so support is expected.

Infact, even those in authority on these boards aren't entirely clued up on the complete VDJ software family. Quote from mp3jrick:

"But anyway, maybe if you register your software the doors will open for you.
It is my understanding that mk2 users got version 3.2 full, which is now being upgraded to 3.3 and you would be advised of that if you had registered."

The member was already registered, it was the very first thing he mentioned in his post. Mk2 users don't get a full version, someone may read this and believe they will now because the weighting of a post from staff is higher than that of other members. And the version supplied is 3.1.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:59 pm
I see no validity in the complaint, he's got it good like everybody else here. If someone is having a problem with the support they should inform us in a proper manner, Empty statements do not get anybody anywhere.

Infact Hercules DJ console customers benefit from a discount if they they should choose to upgrade to the FULL professional Version.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 12:08 am
I don't think anyone is denying him support. You just should not expect all the benefits of a full pro user. Like plugins. As for this being a public community forum. I believe VDJ owns, maintains, and operates this forum. I bought their software, and am glad they offer it.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 12:18 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Theman went on an all out offensive aimed at service.
I read right over his opening line.
The different limititations of each and every historic bundled version and the current version that is provided gets cloudy for me, yes.
And because I am never using sub professional level software, i'll admit i'd like to know more particularly about the mk2.
Short of buying one for the sake of learning it, I offer all the support I can for it.

When I say full 3.2 version I mean current, which for the mk2 users does have some limitations.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 12:26 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think I can help clear this up.

YOU DID NOT BUY VIRTUAL DJ

You bought a djconsole which comes with a special "free" version of virtual dj. Much like the "free" version of nero that comes with your cd burner. We do offer a pro version upgrade discount on the website.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 1:49 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the support here has been excellent. Unlimited upgrades, full access to plugins, skins, SDK's, video effects etc. Great bunch of guy's and helpful tips.

Oh, did i mention the plugins are fantastic.

;)

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 10:09 am
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hehe nice one muzza.. :p

I think the support is great.. First I bought the hercules, and then VDJ...

The support was really good before I bought VDJ, and it is still good...

(belive me I've had alot of problems...not so many with VDJ, most with the controller...)

Cash

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 7:29 pm
"I think the support here has been excellent. Unlimited upgrades, full access to plugins, skins, SDK's, video effects etc. Great bunch of guy's and helpful tips.

Oh, did i mention the plugins are fantastic."

Having unlimited upgrades is a good thing for any software, no question about it; although the software isn't entirely stable in some instances for upgrades to not be provided. There are complaints about the software becoming laggy after a couple of hours (loops) or just shutting down; I very much doubt this is a Windows error (as I have read) - perhaps a memory leak in the software? However, it is good that users can fall back on a prior version and wait for not only bugfixes in the future but also Atomix are completely rewriting certain elements from scratch and all Professional users will be entitled to that upgrade for free.

The plugins are mainly all developed by people from this community and it should be upto the inidividual developers themselves how they want their work to be distributed (maybe it already is, I couldn't find any information on the submit new plugin page).

I'm not denying that there is a good community here but surely its understandable that the consumers themselves are providing a lot of the support? Usually this happens on a third party resource where information is shared with everyone although it is better to have a limited resource for all users rather than no resouce at all.

Overall, these sections in support are good but there is no phonenumber to directly get in touch with Atomix, and the software is arguable less stable than it's nearest competitors. I understand there is a ticketing system but this is still not a live way to communicate, once again emphasising the importance of the community forum where most support is provided by the consumer, not always trained employees. Because of this nature in support I think information should be less censored.

Personally I would prefer plugins and other downloads more publically available and think it would be a nice feature to have stickied threads of tutorials with pictures for hardware setup etc (maybe this is already provided but censored).

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:40 am
Not sure why I got logged out while submitting the above post, but for an example of 'support' go here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/46129/General_Discussion/company_contact_phone_numbers.html

Once again that word legal has cropped up again within the first few posts. Now see these two posts why support is important for everyone:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/45839/Bugs_report/Won_t_Start__Error__Debuggeur_detect__.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/46092/Software_Technical_Support/VirtualDJ__My_Concerns.html

What's there to say that the new engine version won't introduce lots of new errors like above? The developers need feedback but new users don't have any priority, it's like walking into a shop and being ignored by the staff!

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:50 am
For an example of 'support' NO need to go here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/46129/General_Discussion/company_contact_phone_numbers.html

The reason of my answers on the last link is because I don't understand why a new user, surely DEMO because of the level shown, needs a direct phone number to talk to developers. And just without saying anything about the problem...

When usually the first questions are solved on the FORUM.

And of course, for better 'support' we all know about the e-service:
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

From now, as I understand, sorry if I use the word LEGAL so soon, I'll don't use it on the FORUMS at first post. It was my mistake and I recognize it. Sorry again.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:57 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
i just can't understand why Thaman says "this sucks..."

i may be not american nor english, but "this sucks" is quite a strong word even for a french member.

i have never been dissappointed by this forum (except by some users ^^) and neither by any teamer even when i was a cracked user.

maybe Thaman just didn't understand the differences between home version and full version, and he got all messed up and became fussy about it.

anyway, he could get quite a shock tomorrow morning when he sees what a big post he created ;)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 1:51 am
Like with every software I know.., for the majority it works great and with no major bugs, then there are the few who do have errors and trouble running the software, this is expected, when the program is used by such a vast amount of people on a vast amount of systems, there are just so many variables which determine the success in the smooth running of an application..

Being a user of VDJ Pro since version 1.x; I can say there has in the past been major problems in the software which many users noticed, these bugs were quickly addressed and fixed. At this present moment in time VDJ is a very stable program for 99% of it's legal users (I say legal because non legal versions are prone to deliberate crashes).

The support you get with the software is something I'd rate as fantastic by any standards - you have a very active forum where support can be offered very quickly by it's most experienced users, if this is not sufficient you can contact support team very easily and get a very fast response that other software companies could not compete with. No matter what problem someone has with VDJ the support lasts as long as it takes to solve that problem.

I see no grounds on which to complain, the version of VDJ with the Hercules DJ console is FREE and with that FREE version you get FREE support which has to be the icing on the cake..(not even mentioning plugin downloads and any FREE updates).

At the end of the day some people will never be satisfied, and support team must remember this when reading a thread such as this.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 2:21 am
65%