Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Fixed in VDJ v3.4] Won't Start: Error 'debugger detect'

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
Purchased the program 2 weeks ago and was working perfect until just now. I try to launch the program, and have the same problem tan user Damian Kenny: a screen saying.
deburruer detect? fermer le et lapplication
pour certains debuggeurs comme softice, filemon, regmon, vous devez redemarer votre pc pour puovoir lancer lapplication pour certains logicels destines au cracking, comme iceext vous devez les destinstaller pour pouvior lancer lapplication.
Then the program closes.
I ended most processes runnign (windows task manager), and still the same error.

What should I do? Thanks.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 1:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's a new system against hackers

It detects debugger software (used in programming):
* restart VDJ
OR
* restart your computer
OR
* remove the "bad" debugger

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 2:27 am
ok so far after 4 re-formats of my computer i've seemed to have it controlled. even though i had purchased virtualdj it also doesn't allow you to have anything else cracked on your computer. i had a program that i was using for editing music and had been using a cracked serial number. even though i don't use cracking software (on my dj laptop) i didn't install the program and so far its working...........although i had to iron out a few minor details.

so my advice would be back up everything format computer install omly official and bought for programs.

even winamp with a dodgy serial will make it crash. and if your using the program at live shows its not worth the risk of a crash.

good luck

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:02 am
dj cel, thanks for your answer (and by the way, thanks for the djc mapper, excellent work - when i could use it!)
i tried restarting, and all, stil does not work.
damian, reformatting takes too much time and effort... this seems like a bug to me (dont have cracked progs in my computer, in fact the problem started after i installed palm desktop and another palm program). in any case i expect a program to work when i purchased it, not the company to tell me i have to waste 4 or more hours backing up, reformatting, etc... for the program to work.. and i sent an email to support 4 days ago and still no answer.. not a good standard for customer service.. i will insist.
thanks anyway!!

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 11:54 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you mean support thing or email. there is a support thing on the website for these problems. are we not allowed to use debugging programs? i dont think atomix has the right to tell someone what they can and cant do on their PC other than VDJ. If debuging software is detected monitoring the VDJ memory stack that is one thing but if its causing problems with normal systems then thats just bad management.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:50 am
I have been having long discussions with tech support over this issue and I have spent a LONG time tracking it down. I'll copy and paste some of my stuff from my tickets. If any of this helps you out please let me know since I'm still in discussion with tech support over this issue. My fixes are :-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, ALL the following information needs to be passed on to the dev team and to any technical support staff.

This has taken me MANY hours of work and research, I had been evaluating the software and was happy with it until I started getting the "debugger detected" error. My hours of work revealed that the error can be produced by a number of factors, and one which is undocumented, which just happened to be mine. The error can be produced by the following :-

Audigy 2 sound cards

, BUT, it is not really the software or drivers that can create this error, it is simply the creative splash screen, so, this is one suspect. I have this sound card and already had the splash screen disabled, HOWEVER I completely removed ALL my creative software. (I now have to reinstall it and redownload all the updates. This DID NOT fix my issue.

AMDFix.sys

This is a file which is installed by various software including some titles by 'Ulead' The fix here is to do a 'search for the file and rename it to "AMDFix.sys.old" DO NOT remove it! This file was not present on my machine so again was not the cause.

Nero Burning Rom

Nero 6 installs a number of dll files that 'can' cause this error. I removed my copy of Nero completely, the error was still there! (Again I now have to reinstall Nero)

Other Advice,

There is a piece of free software called "ProcessExplorer" available from here :-

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

This is something similar to the windows task manager but is MUCH more usefull, listing ALL running tasks and allowing processes to be terminated. It also allows the list to be saved as a txt file so perhaps it may be a usefull addition to suggest to your customers who are having conflict problems with virtualdj, ie if they send in listed txt files then you may be able to find common denominators.

My Problem.

I feel this one should be taken notice of by your team for 2 reasons, firstly, virtualdj was working fine, then it started getting the error, no hardware changes, vary little in software changes. Strange but true. Secondly, the circumstances could easily come up again when i explain what the cause was.

My system is a VERY high spec machine, P4, CPU, 1 gig cas2 memory, Radeon gfx card (you get the picture) and my hard drives are SATA drives in a Raid0 (stripped) array. Now with Intel chipsets, along with the normal driver there is a piece of software called "Intel Application Accelerator" This software is used for raid configurations and monitors the raid array for errors, "something like the 'smartdisk' technology but for RAID. Anyway, one of the background tasks is called "IAAnotif.exe". I killed this process and now virtualdj is starting up again. (It is however complaining of no directx sound device as my audigy is uninstalled)

It should be noted that 'Application Accelerator' has been running on my machine since windows xp was installed on it, why the conflict wasn't there at the beginning and then suddenly started after a few days of using virtualdj is a complete mystery to me. So, there it is. The thing is I've now lost days off my trial version whilst trying to solve this one. I hope you guys appreciate how much work I've had to put in to research this and finally find a fix!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further checking into this I've found other issues that MAY help you.

1: Certain instances of the Divx Codec can cause the error
2: Printer alerter (the small taskbar tool that monitors a printers ink levels) MAY cause this error.
3: Creative volime control (If you have this in your taskbar, right click it and select 'exit') This MAY have an effect

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:36 pm
If you have a debugger like SoftIce installed, its loaded into the Windows Kernal and won't show up in Task Manager.

Also VDJ should not know the algorithim used by WinAmp to detect if a serial is correct or not, therefore a dodgy WinAmp should not affect VDJ =/

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 3:16 pm
Andrew, you're missing the point, the people having the problem DO NOT have a debugger installed or running! It's a problem with the anti piracy bolt on that vdj are using with their software, it's a bug. It's conflicting with various software and services and giving false alarms.

What I do have a problem with though is that when this error or smilar ones occur, many of the replies insult the user by insinuating that you are using pirate software. In many cases of this bug, it is happening with the TRIAL VERSION.

It is happening with a LOT of software that is using this particular 'bolt on'. Try doing a google for "debugger detected"

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 6:06 pm
Although a good idea to help prevent piracy, this addon is a pain for legitimate debugger users too, such as users developing plugins for VDJ.

My DAC3 mapper v1.0 would have been very difficult to complete without being able to debug when it crashed (Allowing me to quickly find the cause.) I haven't upgraded VDJ on my desktop PC for this reason (Debugging is essential for work on the v2.0 mapper.)

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 9:04 pm
I was using an example as ReTango stated that he closed as many processes as he could from task manager; some debugging software do not show up here so must either be uninstalled or disabled from loading itself into memory. This was just a little bit of general computer information, we don't know the whole story yet. Also it seems VERY unlikey that a pirated Winamp serial would cause VDJ not to function, or even a cracked version - VDJ would not have the private key or version checksums to validate this sort of thing.

I initially missed the bit where you diagnosed IAAnotif.exe to be the problem, to be honest I skipped that paragraph after you started saying you have a very high performance system I apologise for that.

It does seem very odd that the VDJ software was compatible with that and then suddenly turned hostile against it - it doesn't really make any sense why the application didn't do the same thing the other x times you've used the program. Anyway congratulations on being patient enough to find the problem anyway =)

Hopefully a fix will be available soon for all those having problems.

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 10:09 pm
If you analyse my results though, there is a common denominater, the majority of the software that has a problem with the debugger detection bolt on, is predominantly monitoring software, which basically is what a debugger is.

At the end of the day, if someone is going to pirate or crack a piece of software, they ARE going to do it. No amount of copy protection will stop that. You only have to look at the extent that companies such as 'valve' have gone to with regards 'steam' and 'half life 2'. So, which makes the most sense, producing a good piece of software but with a buggy anti piracy solution attached or producing a good piece of software without the buggy anti piracy solution?

The fact of the matter is that the majority of these problems are affecting decent, honest, legitimate users, but the cracked versions are still available!

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 2:28 pm
TopHouse: thanks! incredible work, but it seems you are doing virtualdj's work: shouldn't they be looking what's wrong with their program? I posted this message and sent an e-mail to support almost a week ago, but still no solution nor answer. I had the virtual DJ version that came bundled with my MK2 and used it with no problems. I decided to invest my money in the pro version (mainly for the DJC mapper), and all I get is a buggy program I can't use (and are accused of hacker as a bonus!). I am now back to the MK2 bundled version, and starting to regret my investment. I use Virtual DJ as a hobby, and I want to use my time for playing music, not for reformatting my PC or trying to see whats wrong with this program! is this lousy support common to virtual dj staff? the program unusable for a week and not a single answer from them? hope they'l answer me soon.. thanks again, ReTango

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 1:44 am

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 2:12 am
Hi top house! Virtual DJ staff finally answered my question and told me to install version 3.1, so i did that and will wait for version 3.4 to see if this problem is fixed... I really don't want to use the scarce free time I have for using VDJ to track the source of the problem in version 3.3 and my system (i think its the Palm HotSync thing...).. Hope next version fixes this problem... regands, ReTango

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 6:59 pm
okay, I understand both sides (users and VDJ devteam).
If VDJ has problems with "something" it should clearly state at least the filename or some info that is available. For example "PKCLD.EXE" looks suspicious for virtualdj and it won't run.

You just search for that file in your pc and find out what is it (c:\\program files\\superdooperprog\pkcld.exe)

and you know what to disable or report VDJ team that you have problems when you have "superdooperprog" installed I am sure this will be acceptable for both sides.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:59 pm
It's not VDJ's software that's doing it, the debugger detector is a 3rd party programmers add-on. It is known to be buggy a google search for "debugger detected" will verify this. What I did and still do object to though is that the people (myself included) who started to get this bug were accused of piracy! So you try the software (trial version) have a problem, report it and then get insulted! A prime case of brain not being engaged before operating mouth!

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 9:38 pm
Dev Staff is currently working on a best debugger detector.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 12:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)