Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: behringer vmx 300 vs numark dmx01usb

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what do you guys think that i should buy?
the behringer vmx 300 http://djdeals.com/behringerVMX300.htm?
or the numark dmx01usb? http://numark.com/
the thing is that the behringer has 3 channels and looks considerabely more professional than the numark . i'm from romania and i've been to a store that hs this and the price isn't very far from what they have in the u.s
they dont have the numark , .... yet.
what i like about the numark is that it has the usb witch is great for the computer. what do you guys think that i should do ?
(beside getting the full version o vdj ofcourse :) )

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:53 pm

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:17 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i'm sorry to say, but the behringer has a LOT LESS professional look than Numark, it has buttons everywhere it's a bit like if they had functions and they just threw them on the mixer. i hate the look of the behringer.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 11:08 pm
I have behringer VMX-1000 and also Numark DXM01USB.

Just pointing out that Numark has better sound parameters than Behringer, lower noise....
And also I had problems to supply enough signal from computer to behringer mixer with my creative audigy zs2notebook. Numark has mouch more gain on the inputs. but also I want more inputs

one for each deck and the third for the samples maybe I'll go for some three input numark that for behringer.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 9:29 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I'm using the Behringer VMX 300 and I think it's a quality mixer. I'm very happy with it and the extra channel does come in very handy. Espesscially if you want to connect an external audio device (iPod, Minidisc, Sampler etc.). It's got an effects send and return to if you want to use an external effects unit such as the Kaos pad or something like that. It's really got everything you need in my oppinion and its not gonna burn a hole like a DJM600 would in your pocket!

Hope that helps,
Rory.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 10:54 pm
Hi there...i Have been using the Numark DXm01Usb mixer for 1bout 6-7 months now...Its very good. Good value. No noise, And the USB soundcards are really good quality. Also the crossfader is high quality 24bit digital crossfader which is excellent, but its not replacable!
Anyways, i would go for the Numark. Think about it this way. You get what you pay!
You pay lesser for the Behringer and get more channels, but you pay more for the Numark and get only two channels. Which means that the Numark is better in terms of quality... So, alsways go for the better quality mixer...
regards
Aditya

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:09 am
DXM01USB *HAS* replacable xfader, but you have to unscrew 6 screws from the front/top cover.
You will not loose warranty.

Read the manual next time :-) lol

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 7:27 pm
guess i'll go with the dmx . i thought of it alot and i think that it would be perfect togheter with vdj. oh by the way i must have exhausted this topic but alas.... if i whant to mix house tunes, do you think that i should go with tcv or just forget about it cause it's to much of a hassle. i like the look , you really look professional but i think that it's to expensive as a setup. not to mention the sound quality that from what i've heard is a bit poor. and please dont tell me to get xp10's because i don't like'em :)).

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 12:37 pm
Alright now I thought that I should post on this since I have a VMX-300 mixer

I've had this mixer now for a good 5 years and its still running flawlessly. The Numark mixer since its USB will not be compatible with TCV due to the fact that its not an ASIO 2 in 2 out soundcard. This has been mentioned in the past in various threads.

Make your choice wisely as you may get dissapointed if you are thinking of expanding your setup. Comparing mixers is always a good thing and I know Numark makes them good. I just don't recommend a USB mixer if you want to go TCV or TCCDs.

And as for you worrying about the sound quality I believe that its being worked on for one of the next updates to come.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 2:17 pm
ok but doesn't the dmx also have an oldfashioned analog conection so that u can, i don't know, plug it into a maya 44 cardand use it with the tcv? i mean does it only have those 2 usb ports? and why does it have to be compatible with asio. isn't the asio used only as a bridge from vdj to the tcv? where does the mixer come in on this?. i'm a bit confused so don't laugh at me. i'm still trying to figure out this! :)

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 5:51 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes... You can use the analog on the Numark along with your Maya44.

In tcv mode, your mixer needs to be able to "see" vdj and understand which deck is assigned to which channel on the mixer. Thats why the usb on the Numark mixer will not work for tcv. The soundcard needs 2 stereo input (for the turntables) and 2 stereo output (for the mixer and cpu to "see" eachother)

As far as what mixer to use, hmmm. That can be a hard choice. It depends on what you want from your mixer and how you may use it.

Extra channels is a good thing if you have plans on using them.
Sound quaility is a GREAT thing to have in a mixer.
You have to be comfortable with your mixer as it is the interface between you and your music. I have had top line mixers with all the features I wanted but the mixer just did not "feel" right to my hands.

I own a Behringer djx700. I am happy with it but there are things I wish were better. (Like the output level)

If you can go to a pro audio store, Go. Play with different mixers and find one that FEELS good for you and has the features you need.

Beware... You may not find one that has ALL you want and a feel that is useable to you so make shure you know what you want from what you NEED.

Hope this helps

DJ CITY

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 7:35 pm

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 9:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)