Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ Pro special launch price : 249€ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Many of you used to find the VirtualDJ Pro controller too expensive at 499€/unit.
Since our primary goal is to have you happy and satisfied, we've worked hard to try to reduce the price (and have the manufacture reduce its price too).

We are now able to offer the pro controller for only 249€ for one unit, or 475€ for two.
This is a limited time offer (since we're doing no margin at all on these sales, and neither is the manufacture), and the controllers will start shipping in mid-january.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 10:03 am
Woohooo!! It is finally here! Thank you! And at a reduced price! How long is this "limited price" to last so I can plan my finances arccordingly?

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 10:15 am
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
that's a very good news

Gwenn

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 11:55 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Yes, same here. How long will the deal last? I def. want 2.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 1:36 pm
Thanks!!! looks like its to be a success

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 7:23 pm
I still have a stupid question ...
the description reads 2 RCA and the picture shows 2 RCA ... is it two pairs = 2 stereo outputs or only one pair per controler.
Thanks

Posted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 12:20 am
FInally, cant wait to get a pair of those, and as previously asked, how long is the "limtied time only" price going to be available for? thx

Posted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 2:47 am
jhovHome userMember since 2003
I am interested in purrchasing you software....but i wanted to know if scractchin is possible with the jog wheel controllers

Posted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 3:14 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
With the XP10 controller you can scratch with the jog wheels.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 4:26 am
fo sho...where i sign up

Posted Wed 10 Dec 03 @ 12:59 pm
XiomanHome userMember since 2003
This is one of the best moves atomix has ever done... this will bring massive attention to virtual dj worldwide, and is it does offer real time scratching (pioneer 1000 / denon 5000 like) (please anybody if they know) it'll open a new form of pc digital turntablism like anything never seen before... congrats and keep it up... Let's just hope it does scratch like it's supposed to (no vinyl difference) :D

Posted Sun 14 Dec 03 @ 6:43 pm
XiomanHome userMember since 2003
also it'll get lots of people to buy the software, like me... who like it but because of a good controller haven't bought it... Can't wait till jan... I want it now :)

u guys taking special orders? ;)

Posted Sun 14 Dec 03 @ 6:44 pm
whats that in us money?? and where can i go to buy these bad boys??

Posted Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 2:47 pm
does this price include the VDJ PRO software (!) , or does that come as an extra?
If so, is there an upgrade-price for registered users of Virtual DJ?

best,
arie

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 12:29 pm
I cannot quite understand the price .All this device has is a optical eye just like a mouse and a few buttons like you would have on a keyboard . Then add a Basic stereo sound card . Have a company like Mattel make the small unit and you have five dollars of parts . The controller is so small it's almost insulting.Also why haven't said if it's USB 2.0 or not.Also why didn't they make it a full size turntable . At least then it would look real.This is why people have a hard time accepting digital Dj's . We keep getting crap and have to keep buying until they get it right.Feed us a little at a time to get as much money as possible.So why dont they get it right the first time ?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 12:31 am
Don't think everyone would like to carry around two turntables? Maybe they do, i wouldn't know..

I think it's safe to assume its USB1.0 or atleast compatible with that, USB2 shouldn't give much advantage over USB1 here cause the soundcard on one XP10 has only 1 stereo "sound card" and no other bandwidth hungry functions afaik.

If it required USB2 then many of the users of older laptops would have to get USB2 adapter..

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 6:17 pm
About the price, well i have no idea how the money is spent, but hopefully the product is well designed/made/tested. Oh and some quality parts would be also nice. So maybe you can assemble a such product for 50 euros, but for that price i wouldn't expect miracles.

If i have to say something i personally find a bit lacking is the amount of controls, if we consider how much VDJ has controls, it is no easy task to make all the VDJ goodies (or ever third of them) available on such device on a convinient fashion. So to adjust some effect parameters there should be some knobs! Now you need a separate midi controller with knobs or back to the mouse..

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 6:28 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Poor guy... When you don't know what you're talking about, please don't speak !

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 6:31 pm
You really dont expect much for 249€ do you . I dont really think they can get much more for it.Its small and will be hard to control scratching.A full size one would not weight much since its mostly plastic and also have a real feel to it . The internal parts could be exactly the same but a full size platter to make it look real also.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 1:13 am
Well i have vestax turntables, also made of plastic, weight a bit too much to carry around a lot and i don't think the technology inside DJ turntables is something that justifies the around 500 euro/dollars price tag. Still they cost that much. If products only costed the sum of their parts, how would the expensive research into new products be paid? Ok maybe the risk investors want to pay for your next bleeding edge toy, or maybe not..

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 1:12 am
17%