Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ Pro special launch price : 249€ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

how long before they are released??? i want a pair..

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 1:45 am
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dejaybrian : Wait, for the moment they are not available.

Gwenn

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 12:29 pm
about when.. appreciate it.. sometime in mid january?? its mid january..

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 9:25 pm
Digitalmdj, do you have any idea what a
Pioneer CDJ 1000 mkII cost???
about 1500 euros! VDJ has mostly the same (even more) features than this Pioneer player. I think 250 euro is a VERY good price. You should be ashamed for complaining about such a price.

I can hardly wait to get a pair of these!

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 9:33 am
Something is worth what you a willing to pay for it .It does not do the things these other players do.It also uses old tech with USB 1.1. So I guess if you are willing to pay the price it's worth that much. It's just bussiness as they would say.But to be ashamed of telling the truth is absurd . I will look for you if problems arise . And remind you if you dare to complain.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 9:21 pm
what's the use for USB2.0 when USB 1.1 has enough bandwith?? I don't care if it's 1.1 or 2.0 as long as it does what it's supposed to do. If de Hercules-DJConsole is capable of handling 6 channels + control-signals thru a USB1.1 bus, the XP10 would have more than enough bandwith to handle just 2 audiochannels per console.

I also have a Maya EX7.1 external audiodevice. it handles 8 channels just thru a single USB1.1 bus.

so, tell me what your problem is?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 8:05 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
:)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 9:20 am
I understand now you want to be a reseller for VDJ PRO .Pump it up so you can make money.I see the light.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 5:07 pm
digitalmdj:
I really cannot understand you.
Has someone of your familly been killed by an USB1.1 ??
Why are you so paranoiac against USB1.1 ??

I use to work with professional CD Players (Denon 2600F, and in the past DN2500, DN2000MKII, DN2000F, sometimes with Pioneer...).

I have a DJ Console (it will be back from Hercules in some time) and I can say that the USB1.1 don't really affect the latency of this controler.

I tried the XP10 of VirtualDJ Pro during a special night with some others users and support teamers. It is really impressive and I plan to buy it as soon as they will be available.

But since sometime, I see that you WANT controlers to be bad hardware, so I am sure I cannot convince yourself.

I am sad about this. Sad to see all efforts that are done by the team to provide good software/hardware at the best price and see people disparage all these software/hardware before they test it.

digitalmdj, don't take this only for you. You write also good post on this forum, thanks for those.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 7:12 pm
I have been a computer Dj ever since mp3 compression started.I have accumilated around a thousand cd's . I have a 12,000 song collection.I also do digital photography and restoration.I build my own computers and have been for six years. Now I have a box full of hardware products they promised would work.And american DJ is one of them.Now I have several usb sound cards .They have problems like dropouts,Poor sound, Crackling noise in the amp if the sound is up to normal level the mic output sucks . I could go on and on .I do have a motu 828 that is fantastic but it's a 800.00 card. The drivers are matured with windows support. Not one of my USB 1.1 cards could ever come close in sound quality.The Latency is very low without using ASIO drivers .It's a firewire card with eight outputs. I dont mind paying for Quality .What I see here is a toy that has Professional written on it. It does not Qualify as a Professional product.Also they are selling this product separetly . You have to buy two to make a compleate set.Also you will be paying for the software twice.Very cleaver.The software is not free it cost money .Remember Hercules gave you software but it was not upgradable .So dont go there and say the software is free.Nothing is free in this world.We should pay less for the second controller since we do not need the software.And since we already own VDJ we dont need it at all.Just the controller.But we still have to keep paying for the software.Since I will own three licences can I sell the ones I dont need? Not on your life.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 9:18 pm
I have a solution:
Don't buy VirtualDJ Pro, buy the XP10 from EKS, "MAYBE" it is compatible (Maybe not) and you won't have multi-licences...

PS: XP10 from EKS = 399€ + V.A.T. not sure it is compatible.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 9:05 am
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
digitalmdj : I have Tested XP10 with my laptop (which have 2 USB1.1) and the sound is really good : no Latense, no crackling noise ...

If you look on the eks website ( http://eks.fi/index.php?page=xp10_specs ), you can see that XP10 are made for USB1.1 then no problem for that.

Gwenn

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 9:43 am
digitalmdj: calm down man... i know it's not fair about these licences, but let's cut the crap about USB allright?

when i buy 2 xp10 decks, do i get a forum-nickname-display like:
DJCannonball 'tripple VDJ licence user' ??????

I also wonder why i don't get any reply from the sales-department. i asked where i could order 2 xp10 decks because it is stated at the VDJwebsite: available midway january 2004. i still haven't got any response at all (not even an acknowledgement).

They keep it awefully quiet if you ask me.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 1:28 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There's no info to report about availability. I too am waiting!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 1:38 pm
The XP-10 is the same as the VDJ PRO . I believe the firmware is different. But they are the same on the outside. Now prototypes are always different from the final product .Production costs and chip availability is what makes the final product. It is two days before the end of the month and no controller.Either production problems or poor quality control.Inferior chips possibly who knows. But I believe they have to make sure it works right the first time.None of these software updates after the fact.And I have a question will the firmware be upgradable? Hercules had to replace controllers with new ones so I dont think they are able to reflash the firmware.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 7:13 pm
digitalmdj:
Good question. I think the firmware is upgradable because those of EKS seems to be upgradable.

I saw VirtualDJ Pro and the controler is not exactly the same as presented here. It looks like the picture on the product page more than the pictures on the hradware page.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 9:10 am
I found the same thing with the XP-10 . But their advertizment is exactly the same.One of the prototype was different. But the ones used by the Dj's in all the pictures from either site are exactly the same.You cannot tell the difference.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 6:06 pm
I believe I posted something of the sorts like this before, but I couldn't locate it on the board, so here it goes again.

Most of us have DSL here for internet connection (except me :( ) Normal DSL sold here in Germany runs at 1.5 Mbps or 1500Kbps. That seems to be fast enough for most. Now for most external devices you have 4 types USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and Firewire @ speeds running at 1.5Mbps, 12 Mbps, 480 Mbps and 400 Mbps respectively. Now some of you with DSL have probably more than once downloaded an MP3 file off the internet and most likely listened to it while it downloaded (and probably while other things downloaded as well) to have the MP3 finish at about or at the same time as the download of the MP3 finished. Now remember that is downloading at measly USB 1.0 speed (1.5 Mbps) Do you really think USB 1.1 at a full 12 Mbps could not handle whatever VDJ throws at it? Some food for thought, and my 2¢.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 6:55 pm
Sometimes 12 mb can only be achived if connected to a full speed powered hub.Also nothing else is using that IRQ.Take into consideration a sound card plus a controller mixed.You start using up bandwidth.If you have USB 2.0 on your computer then the hub isn't necessary . But the controller can be the only piece of hardware on that IRQ. And with alot of computers out there it's hard to do.You have to start removing everthing and shuffle cards around to get the desired effect.That may not be possible in most cases. When you have a laptop thats when it becomes impossible. No kind of memory or processing speed or software updates will cure this kind of problem.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 8:25 pm
Most laptops today include two or more internal USB sockets, so its hub is internal and running off the laptops (or desktops) power, so running an external hub would be ridiculous (unless of course it is active via a power adapter) If you are running things off an external passive hub, then that is where your problem lies, get an active hub. As far as the mixer/soundcard goes, the data they are sending and receiving has to go through the soundcard first anyhow so it is highly unlikely that the mixer and soundcard are sending information through the USB bus at the same time, even for redundancy this makes no sense. As far as your comment about USB 2.0 not needing a hub, it almost sounds like you are believing because of the bandwidth of the USB depends on weather or not you need a hub, and weather an IRQ conflict might occur. If an IRQ conflict was to occur, it wouldn't matter what type of USB or Firewire you were using, you would have a conflict period. And as for IRQ sharing, I see your point, but please consider this, most times IRQ sharing is done with devices that are not both active all the time, meaning the USB IRQ, *might* be shared with the modem, and if that is the case they do time sharing to alleviate that problem. So lets just say for the sake of discussion that because of “overhead” the available bandwidth left is roughly 5 Mbps (over three times the speed of normal DSL) on a dedicated USB 1.1 Bus, Will you still tell me that is not enough bandwidth to stream audio back and forth from the controller to VDJ? Imagine having your DSL running off 5000Kbps (5Mbps) Your downloads would be blazingly fast as long as your path to the source was equally fast, as is in the case of running the controller strait to the PC.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 9:14 am
35%