Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Request for a new skin/layout/plugins - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

All im doing is useing virtual dj remote to its fullest potential

here are 2 pics of the browser and waveforms working on the tablet with 2 single deck skins that i customised from the oldschool skin from zanard,

FOR THE ONES TOO LAZY TO WATCH THE VIDEO LINK I POSTED WITH MY QUESTION / IDEA,
BUT STILL ARROGANT ENOUGH TO GIVE THEIR OPINION TO SOMETHING THEY CLEARLY DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TOO

Next time you should maybe watch the video link thats posted before put someones idea down LAZY 2@:

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 6:07 pm

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 6:08 pm
OK I watched the video.

I still find it baffling that you go to all this trouble of putting images of hardware onto so many tablets, when you have actual hardware in front of you.

OK so you don't have real Pioneer CDJs, but any hardware is better than using a picture of it on a screen, in my opinion.

Just seems like a lot of trouble (three remotes) and expense (multiple tablets) just so you can have pictures of CDJs or turntables.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 6:23 pm
i would rather have the real thing too but what i am doing is making a remote setup that i can take anywhere and not have to carry half a ton of equipment the browser waveform skin i did not create it was one i came accross on a facebook page it allready had the pioneer thing on it and too be honnest the virtual dj remote skins that are out now are not very apealing to the eye so i started customising skins into single deck skins left and right deckthe only thing i struggled with was getting the skin to only show a mixer as i already had the 3 other parts and i know having the real deal is better but we are not all well off with money and what you said was said by record junkies when cd decks first came out then was said again when midi controllers came out and is again being said now its progressing into touch screen i would of thought the company logo kinda answers it all (Virtual Dj) virtual being my main point,
would you say the same to the skinners that made skins that look like technics 1200`s like the oldschool one from zanard that i customised into 2 single deck skins for the remote would you,
( which im betting you have in your collection of sklins too )
lol so whats so bad about my idea ?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 6:47 pm
and if you think this idea is crazy check out my first sucsessfull attempt at a mobile controller using virtual dj remote as a display hahaha !!!! :p

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 8:39 pm
i should of used the pioneer one your not fond of for the display on that one haha

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 8:44 pm
user8865603 wrote :
we are not all well off with money

Who paid for all the tablets then?

user8865603 wrote :
would you say the same to the skinners that made skins that look like technics 1200`s

Yes I would, and I regularly do. There are posts of mine all over the forum where I explain to people that they don't need a skin that looks like their controller when they have the real thing in front of them. I think skins that copy hardware are tacky and quite often pointless as they waste so much screen space.

I much prefer skins that only have what's needed (i.e. what's not on the controller). I have a DDJ-SX2 so I do not need jog wheels on screen, or a mixer, or faders etc.

The only things required on the skin are what's not on the hardware. Track browser, track info display (time, title, artist), waveforms and so on.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 9:22 pm
i payed for the equipment & tablets i have one is 4 year old, one ipad i bought 2 year ago at christmass and the second took me 2 years to pay for on contract which i have only just finished paying for,
all in all taken nearly 8 years to pay for everything i have now and if i lost it all i could never afford to buy any of it again
i originaly got the ipads to use as deck 3 & 4 for my numark n4 as sample / fx pads or an extra player or two insted,
i started working on learning slowly about customising skins and trying to make my own because i could not get hold of a skin for my numark n4 anywhere
And when i finaly got a skin for the n4 .started editing it and made nearly 100 different edits of the N4 and got bored re-editing the same skin over and over again so moved onto doing others,
Untill i came across the VirtualDjremote app & went on to trying to work out how to make single deck skins.
i wanted to make a single deck skin that resembled one deck of my n4 at first that way all 4 decks were visible insted of switching decks with the button. and all 4 waveforms would still show up on the main skin on virtual dj there for no need for one on the tablet too
then i had the idea to remove the need for my laptop to be there in the way by using the remote app for the track browser and waveform and have just recently worked out how to make any skin into a single deck of decks 1 -2 -3 or 4 i tested them with the skin you are not fond of and it worked great lol
So now i have a touch screen browser / waveform display and single decks skins for the remote app there was only one thing missing from this set-up, (you can see where i am going with this cant you hahaha _a skin for a mixer lol :p )

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 11:06 pm
some more i edited into single decks for the remote app lol

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 10:07 pm
I think those are pretty cool!!

Can I ask you to make a Pioneer DDJ SP1 layout, please??

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 12:54 am
i think there is already one for the DDJ-SP1 by Dj Kaos but its not on here if you contact him im sure he can point you in the right direction

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 8:50 pm
turbo75PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi all just wondering if there is going to be a skin for the numark mixtrack platinum soon?...

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
We are unlikely to provide one however someone from the community might.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 9:20 pm
having a look at some old skins seeing if they work ok as virtual dj remote skins some look ok some im not so sure about any thoughts on which ones to scrap ?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 10:23 pm

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 10:24 pm

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 4:31 am

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 4:33 am
Hmm can't find a user with a DDJ SP1, point me in the right direction??

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 4:55 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Hmm can't find a user with a DDJ SP1, point me in the right direction??

haha you have spoken to him and asked him about the DDJ-SP1 before buddy

here is his virtual dj profile page http://www.virtualdj.com/user/djkaos2012/index.html
i will message you the link to get the skin as i am not sue i can post a links to buy skins from
a different site

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 6:12 pm
they are selling skins on some site?

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 7:26 pm
77%