Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Request for a new skin/layout/plugins - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zanardPRO InfinityMember since 2003
?

Posted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 9:58 am
yes there are 3rd party sites selling skins from between £2 - £6 each i went to a 3rd party site for the skin for my Numark N4

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 9:35 pm
Well I guess it's up to you if you want to spend money on skins when they are freely available here, but worse than that - the skins here are all checked and approved by Atomix staff. They're safe. Skins obtained elsewhere are "use at your own risk".

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:49 pm
The funny thing is that they sell even skins which are free even for users with a HOME license.

Someone send me a PM that my #SilverSleek 2 skin is for sale on such a site.
Guess what ? #SilverSleek 2 and SilverSleek #3 are FREE skins for ALL users (even those with "HOME" license!)
So, if some users go there to pay for something they can get here much safer and for free, I guess it's their bad... :)

PS: Those sites don't create and sell their own skins. If those skins were their own creations and they wanted to sell them for profit it would be much more ethic and understandable. Instead they "sell" other people's creations for their own profit which makes what they do besides being illegal completely unethical.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 7:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maybe skins should be copyrighted under creative commons, free to distribute, dismantle, remix in non comercial scenarios.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 7:50 pm
Even if they were copyrighted under CC license, that would not stop these guys from "selling" them...
They rely on 2 factors:
1) That some skins are reserved for licensed users only and
2) That we forbid the distribution of skins looking alike competitive software

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 8:11 pm
well i tried asking here about skins id like to see and more or less got laughed at so of course i am going to try other options or places to test my idea out.
so ill gladly pay £3 for a skin if it gets me a little closer to testing out my idea for remote skins,
and if at the end the idea dose not work then a few quid waisted on some skins is still worth it compared to months of wondering if the idea was any good at all :)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 8:52 pm
groovindj wrote :
This is the user that has asked in another thread about using three iPads as remotes, with decks on iPad 1 + 2 and a mixer on the third. No browser.

Seems strange to me as well. Not very practical, just all for show I guess.

CDJ-2000 Single Deck Multi Skin can switch between decks 1 & 2 the DDJ-SP1 single deck skin & now the mixer i tried asking for help with too
all in one skin :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3LmfOCnQh0

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 9:34 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Why would you want only the mixer visible on screen ?
Depending on the controller you use I can understand no jogs, or not transport control, no effects, or even no waveforms. But no browser ? No current loaded track's info ?

finally the skin with just the mixer on it that i tried asking for help with put it together with my single deck edits of Dodge57`s CDJ-2000 & DJM900 Skin & a single deck edit i made of DjKaos2012`s DDJ-SP1,
i hope now you can see why i wanted it :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3LmfOCnQh0

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 10:17 am
you can switch between them on one device without having to load each skin

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 10:23 am
I still think it's ridiculous to waste so much screen space on pictures of hardware. Not very practical at all IMO.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 5:38 pm
to each their own i suppose :)
im happy even if no one likes it
it took me a while to get there but at least i can now put the idea to rest & finish off some of my other mad ideas lol

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 6:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)