Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ron, either you are a plant from Atomix (which I very much doubt) or you have an anger management problem.

Years ago we had people visiting this forum with pushy, combative attitudes and I personally don't want to see that returning.

It's a nice place here now and you ranting about something most people don't care about isn't really needed.

I'm 48 years old and a lot of things in the world pee me off, but I don't come on here ranting about it and replying to myself if no-one else does.

Keith

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 10:24 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Interesting..can you give me any names to look back for their posts?

It's pathetic really.
My desire to promote the software I have chosen ( which has demonstrated brilliance since the early 2000's ) has you considering the possibility that I'm a plant. LOL !

Is there some kind of law that states we cannot praise the software which we use throughout the Internet ?
Serato, and Traktor users defend their software.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 10:29 am
It's not what you are attempting to do, defending VDJ and Atomix is something many of us do from time to time. It's the way you go about it that is more off-putting than anything.
Your tone is not pleasant, you are condescending, closed-minded, rude, often ill-informed, and pretty much an all around pain.
Mods can put me in my place, but it needed to be said. I'll take that bullet.

Edited by AMAHM just to keep it clean

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 10:57 am
You lot have got the time to slag me off, but only one besides myself has took the trouble to correct Phil Morse.
I wouldn't want your comment deleting. LOL
It's a little trivial.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:09 am
bigron1 wrote :
correct Phil Morse.

But nothing needed correcting! I really can't understand where the red mist came from. You seem to have read War & Peace between the lines of what he wrote!

I don't know if you're planning to, but I'd suggest getting yourself along to the BPM exhibition at the NEC next month, where Phil will no doubt be attending in person.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:51 am
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/08/your-questions-how-can-i-stream-music-in-my-dj-software/

Try reading the post including the comments.

Even in his replies..

"Phil Morse says:
August 3, 2015 at 10:21 am
Awesome, great to hear this is working for you. I guess the point is that if you relied on it 100% (as you could with an “offline” version of Spotify, Apple Music, or Google Music, with their 15 million+ catalogues) it would be the full solution we’re talking about."

It is a subtle put down of VDJ CU service.
Quote "it would be the full solution we’re talking about"
He would not even have made that concession without comments supporting VDJ.
What VDJ has achieved with this subscription service is remarkable.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:56 am
Fellas just let Ron be, this isn't the first time he's been told and its more then likely not gonna be the last.........

You can't teach an old dog new tricks ........

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:31 pm
Reading between the lines again....

BTW I did (briefly) try CU again myself once the new provider was available - and I would say it's pretty bad.

Tracks that really should be there are not. I don't see how a DJ could rely on it to provide even a fill-in service for requests, let alone for their entire library as some seem to do.

I am a staunch supporter of VDJ but IMO Content Unlimited has got a very long way to go before I'd ever dream of recommending it to anyone.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:38 pm
Groovin I made this reply to Phil given his statement that CU was not a complete solution.

"I doubt there will ever be a full solution of the kind you seek.
Our world is based on compromise.
Hence if you have your own core library which includes the classics then in combination with CU a fantastic range of songs will be available for your audience.
There were 4 new entries into the BBC dance chart updates on Saturday, all of which were available in CU in a variety of remixes.
Last week I had the dubious pleasure of DJ’ing for teenagers, and they requested many songs I’ve never heard , CU met my need.
A while back I had a request for the most obscure Country and Western song ever, it was there. That being said Kenny Rogers may be missing, I have not looked. LOL
It is a brilliant supplementary service, and not a direct replacement for your own song library.
In response to your article on Saturday I went looking for many songs, Geno by Dexy’s Midnight Runners was also missing. That is not a deal-breaker, I have that song in many different formats.

It appears Grooveshark had a awesome catalogue of songs, we may never see the like again, but that does not detract from this valuable, and clever compromise."

It's a shame you do not have much time for reading.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:03 pm
This is the latest post on the DigitalDJTips website.

David Holgate says:
August 3, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I currently have VDJ and Serato depeneding on the type of gig i have. I find no problems with Content Unlimited or Netsearch. They come in handy for those moments a apecial request or even genre that i may not have in abundant collection of. I also subcribe to VDJ karaoke cloud. All this for 30.00 dollars a month it really cheap. I like to stay busy so bar gigs, club gigs, birthdays or block parties i’m ready to entertain.
Its unfortunate that the other software companies havent begun to travel into this area, Serato now allows you to do karaoke. I think in the future they will all have some type of steaming service its just of matter of when its gets all legal with record companies.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:07 pm
Groovin if you do not have an up to date subscription to CU then your comments have little foundation.
You do not know how it works at the moment.
When did you cancel your subscription?

I like that comment by David Holgate, he sounds honest.
I'll get around to studying Serato before the end of this year.
Thanks for the tip David Holgate.
It will help complete my set, I already have Traktor, Ableton, Cross Dj, and Pacemaker.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:14 pm
Hm what is VDJ karaoke cloud ? Scrub that its just the karaoke subscription.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:31 pm
You don't need a subscription to try it out, the functionality is built in to VDJ anyway. Having the subscription lets you play more than 30 seconds of the track.

I agree with @Groovin, I had a delve about last week and the content decent enough for current offerings but for oldies or UK specific content it's poor at best. Grooveshark was really a warez site made official so it's gonna be hard to compete with the variance of material it had on there.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:48 pm
Using CU to download to cache is the critical function.
Only when the cached song is on your hdd is it safe to play.
You must pay to do this, and have a complete overview of how CU performs.

I've already conceded that it is just a brilliant subscription service to supplement an existing user song library.
Their songs are carefully chosen to enhance existing user libraries.
They ignore a lot of the popular songs we all have anyway.
That is clever.

How many times must I repeat myself?

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 2:08 pm
Hopefully no more........

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 2:36 pm
I've made my point on the DigitalDJTips website.
It is there to be read.
I'd be content to see this thread end.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 2:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For the love of God, please someone do as Ron asks... rofl.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 3:21 pm
Locked by AMAHM as per the OPs request, and the love of God

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 4:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)