Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/08/your-questions-how-can-i-stream-music-in-my-dj-software/

Does anyone want to pop over to DigitalDJTips, and correct this shyster manipulated website?
I find their website sickening.
Misinformation is their stock in trade.

Anyway I just downloaded Glitterball ft. Ella Henderson in 1 to 2 seconds using Content Unlimited.

They have a heavily censored site which cannot cope with any opinion other than that included in their agenda.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:41 am
I've had just one post deleted here, and that was because I went political.
Other than that I have trod on a lot of toes, but you have tolerated my opinions.
This is to your great credit.

The shysters never stop manipulating our world, and they don't appear to like VDJ, and Atomix.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:46 am
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the question or the reply.

I have tried the new service and it's nowhere near as comprehensive as Grooveshark, but Atomix know that and so do regular visitors here.

I have always found Phil's site to be very supportive of VDJ (sickeningly so in some cases) and to be honest I don't even read their stuff any more. None of these "advice" sites are independent and there is always bias based on who pays the most :)

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:51 am
None of these "advice" sites are independent and there is always bias based on who pays the most :)

That is the truth.
The shysters use sites like his to sell overpriced equipment to kids who have little money, and they end up in debt.
I do learn stuff occasional from his "sickening site".

Content Unlimited is adequate for my needs, I wonder what it was like with Grooveshark?

Hm just downloaded another mix of Glitterball, again in seconds.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:56 am
Hm just downloaded Omen (feat. Sam Smith) by Disclosure in seconds!
I must be lucky.
Lets try again
Well would you believe it..I just downloaded Body Talk by Foxes, not that I really wanted it, and I think CU works well.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:02 pm
THIS IS WITHOUT USING NETSEARCH.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:07 pm
It's hard work trying to put down, and ignore the most popular DJ software in our world.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:10 pm
I'd post on his site but he cannot cope with my opinions, and a controversial post would never see the light of day.
I have tried in the past.
This is to his great discredit.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:15 pm
Trying to be fair, I picked an old song out of thin air. Geno by Dexy's Midnight Runners. The subscription service failed. However Netsearch quickly found the song on the internet, though the version I downloaded was live. This means I'd need to be careful, however I feel CU is a worthwhile effective solution for streaming songs into DJ software.

Hm just tried Van Morrisons Brown Eyed Girl, the subcription service failed, I needed to use Netsearch, which did work.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:51 pm
The new provider is poor on oldies and specifically UK content. I'll stick with my Russian friends thanks....

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 3:09 pm
LOL..I know all about our Russian friends, but I would still encourage a fair business model.
VirtualDJ is trying.
Help them !

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 7:02 pm
It's not Atomix that is the problem, it's the record industry. They seriously need to wake up.

When it's easier for me to get content on a gig from a dodgy site rather than a legitimate source there is a problem. I would easily pay for a content unlimited service if it actually had the content I needed.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 7:14 pm
I know what your saying, I have tried to buy an mp3 from Amazon on a Saturday night, and never got it, but was given the whole album the next day. Too late !

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 7:51 pm
I think the question and answer was fair, and truthful. I don't think we are their favorite child, but that is the way it is. He has a comment section, and if you are respectful, he will listen to what you have to say. He also knows that we will correct any errors that we find on the site. Generally speaking, he seems to be doing a good service.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 4:07 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the question or the reply.

A Man and His Music wrote :
I think the question and answer was fair, and truthful.

Agreed. I've just followed the link and read the article myself. Shyster, manipulated, sickening, misinformation?! It's a mole hill, not a mountain.

Ron, try getting out of bed from the other side :-)

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 4:19 am
Quote "new providers are horrible, taking forever to load a song."

I download 6 songs yesterday, all within seconds.
Presumably their Internet connection was inferior, but VDJ8 still gets the blame.
Misinformation.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 8:50 am
Quote "This is a developing area, and to be honest, nobody has got it right yet. "
I have been happy with content unlimited, and its supporting Netsearch for the month or so that I have been using it, and I would recommend it to all the young DJ's.
Whilst nothing is perfect, this is a very good service.
More misinformation.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 8:57 am
Quote "However, none of these lets you have a temporary copy of the tune offline so you can DJ with the music away from an internet connection, like the Virtual DJ / Grooveshark tie-in did."
VDJ using CU still allows the saving of songs.
He's refering to VDJ like it has passed away.
Yet more misinformation.

Does this guy know anything?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 9:01 am
Quote "But for now, no - such a service doesn't exist as far as we know."
VDJ offers a functioning service now !
He's totally wrong.

I pay each month for the service, and am fully satisfied.

Let's use the word shyster once more.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 9:05 am
bigron1 wrote :
VDJ offers a functioning service now !

....but the guy was asking for a service other than Content Unlimited because he was unhappy with it.

If the guy doesn't want to use CU, there's not much point in Phil suggesting it, is there?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 9:30 am
34%