Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Featuring the opinion of one individual with an inferior Internet connection on the front page of your website is almost an irresponsible act.
The above points I have made tear his article to pieces.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 9:54 am
I didn't see any problem with the question or answer myself. DDJT was a massive help to me in choosing which equipment and software was most suited to me when I decided to come back to it all a couple of years ago, having only ever DJ'd on vinyl. Despite the comments that they are anti atomix, something I've seen no evidence of, I ended up with VDJ. 2 years later I'm still very happy with my choice, and I owe that to Phil and the team.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 12:09 pm
Quote "new providers are horrible, taking forever to load a song."

I download 6 songs yesterday, all within seconds.
Presumably their Internet connection was inferior, but VDJ8 still gets the blame.

Quote "This is a developing area, and to be honest, nobody has got it right yet. "

I have been happy with content unlimited, and its supporting Netsearch for the month or so that I have been using it, and I would recommend it to all the young DJ's.
Whilst nothing is perfect, this is a very good service.

Quote "However, none of these lets you have a temporary copy of the tune offline so you can DJ with the music away from an internet connection, like the Virtual DJ / Grooveshark tie-in did."

VDJ using CU still allows the saving of songs.
He's refering to VDJ like it has passed away.

Quote "But for now, no - such a service doesn't exist as far as we know."

VDJ offers a functioning service now !
He's totally wrong.
I pay each month for the service, and am fully satisfied.

The above is the reason for my response to Phil Morse.
This is not a popularity contest.
One of the advanced features of VDJ, which no other DJ software has, has been misrepresented.
CU, and Netsearch are fast, and effective.
They work !!!!

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 12:28 pm
Bigron1, is there anything else that you would like to say on this matter?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 12:38 pm
Yes in due course..and I would prefer it if you would make constructive comments which help the image of VDJ, which is a superb DJ software, and has been the subject of unfair attacks for as long as I remember.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 12:45 pm
What you prefer, is irrelevant to the subject at hand. However, this is your thread, and at the moment, you can say what you wish. Your outrage, and displeasure is over the top, put it is yours. I can't tell you how to act. What I do know is this company was started without the help of you or I. The owner has done a great job, that's why we all use his software. If he has a problem with the way Phil talks about his software, he can take care of the matter himself, or direct someone else to do it. I believe this is a business decision, and try not to tell others how to run theirs. I and others have stated that the article seemed accurate enough, however you do not feel that way. That is your opinion. Now you can continue to have a fit in your thread, or you could take the time to respond, in an intelligent manner on his site.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 1:00 pm
Your language is unbecoming for a so called impartial moderator.
Quote " Now you can continue to have a fit in your thread,".
(to be fair I don't mind, your human)

There may be something in what you say, the complex balancing of what is best for Atomix is beyond my knowledge base, many issues will be involved.
In the other thread which you locked I suspected that was possible.

I still find it strange that none have jumped to VDJ's defence.
I am new to CU, and Netsearch, and I find it astounding.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 1:19 pm
bigron1 wrote :
I still find it strange that none have jumped to VDJ's defence.

Perhaps because nothing needs defending?

So far in this thread, you're the only one who seems to have an issue with what's been written - and IMO you're going completely overboard. Someone asked if there was an alternative to Content Unlimited, and Phil accurately replied that there wasn't.

No matter how many times you repeat that CU works great for you.........it's not an alternative service. It's the same one.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 1:38 pm
The article implies the death of CU on the demise of Grooveshark.
That is not true !

"none of these lets you have a temporary copy of the tune offline so you can DJ with the music away from an internet connection, like the Virtual DJ / Grooveshark tie-in did."
Notice past tense.. equals gone, dead.

"taking forever to load a song." Not true.
"their new providers are horrible," Not true.

I could go on but I suggest you read his article more closely.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 1:49 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can we please go back to system where when a user posts three consecutive times they then cannot post in a thread until someone else posts onto the thread.

I'm sorry Ron but keeping up these self perpetuating threads is getting ridiculous, you are the only one keeping your own threads alive, surely you can see the lack of other users input into your threads is obvious the vast amount of other users are not interested, so keeping it alive by only you posting is simply non productive.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:02 pm
This is what I plan to post on Phil's site...

Quote "new providers are horrible, taking forever to load a song."

Presumably his Internet connection was inferior, but VDJ8 still gets the blame.

Quote "This is a developing area, and to be honest, nobody has got it right yet. "

I have been happy with content unlimited, and its supporting Netsearch for the month or so that I have been using it, and I would recommend it to all the young DJ's.

Quote "However, none of these lets you have a temporary copy of the tune offline so you can DJ with the music away from an internet connection, like the Virtual DJ / Grooveshark tie-in did."

Your refering to VDJ like it has passed away.

Quote "But for now, no - such a service doesn't exist as far as we know."

You're totally wrong.

Comments, and suggestions are more than welcome.
Mind you I doubt it will appear.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:07 pm
Ron, are you secretly the owner of Atomix?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:08 pm
Hm "other users are not interested,"
Agreed...that's got me puzzled.

LOL I would not be clever enough to run Atomix.
I suspect they have to tip toe through something akin to a minefield.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:11 pm
Bigron1, how can you be puzzled? If you are the only one this upset, what does that say to you? You say comments and suggestions are welcomed, well here's a suggestion. Just post your experience, why is it necessary to be confrontational? How about, "Virtual DJ with Content Unlimited has a Gazillion users, and the experience that Dave had, is not typical. Everyone does not have fast internet service, all the time. I have a CU subscription, and I have no problem getting fast downloads, and we can still play this content offline". Something along those lines. I would not mention Netsearch, as that is not paid for. As for me being impartial, that was not my intent. I was going for direct. I thought the term "fit', was quite appropriate, and the least offensive to you and others on this forum. There were other terms I could have used, but I'm not trying to be confrontational. I know "you're" human, and have a lot of passion, I try not to let my passion cloud my judgment.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:54 pm
This has been posted, I hope it's polite, and inoffensive.
I still doubt it will appear.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I am a VDJ 8 user who has recently subscribed to Content Unlimited which combines with Netsearch.
Below are my personal answers to some of the points made in your article.

Quote “new providers are horrible, taking forever to load a song.”

Presumably his Internet connection was inferior.

Quote “This is a developing area, and to be honest, nobody has got it right yet. ”

I have been happy with content unlimited, and its supporting Netsearch for the month or so that I have been using it, and I would recommend it to all the young DJ’s.

Quote “However, none of these lets you have a temporary copy of the tune offline so you can DJ with the music away from an internet connection, like the Virtual DJ / Grooveshark tie-in did.”

You’re referring to VDJ like it has passed away.

Quote “But for now, no – such a service doesn’t exist as far as we know.”

Content Unlimited is strong on new songs, and remixes which are good for young DJ’s.
It is weaker on the classics, I looked for Van Morrison’s Brown Eyed Girl without success yesterday, however I did manage to find something which was acceptable using Netsearch.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 3:19 pm
Too late AMAHM, I would have liked to have read your comment before posting.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 3:23 pm
Compliments on that comment Ron, it's already approved. I also commented on the topic, however I too don't think they published this article to dish VDJ. If you read the official CU thread on this forum, you'll also see there are a lot of users who aren't satisfied with the current CU catalog. I'm also unhappy with the collection of older songs in CU, but I can almost always find an acceptable version on NetSearch and for 10 dollars a month, I'm not complaining.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 3:28 am
"I find their website sickening." This is a reputable site that has been serving the DJ community well for quite some time now.

"I'd post on his site but he cannot cope with my opinions, and a controversial post would never see the light of day.
I have tried in the past.
This is to his great discredit." You are fortunate that the good folks at Atomix are so patient.

Personally, the few times I've found your posts interesting or of substance you've ruined the conversation with combativeness and a closed mind.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 8:35 am
I don't care what you think, I'm entitled to my opinions which I base on my observations.
If I'm combative then it is as a result of the corrupt nature of our world, and in particular the music industry.
There are many self interested, sly agendas, mine is that of an old man who is sick of b@lls#it.

LOL.. US DJ's find me aggressive whilst my only motive is to help others, in particularly the young.

But it's is OK for DigitalDJTips to undermine Atomix.
No wonder VDJ has been treated as 3rd best over the years, so few will argue in their favour.
I believe my post on their website would never has seen the light of day had I not been making a fuss here.
As it is I can now argue with the Traktor, and Serato crowd.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 9:13 am
point made. thanks.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 9:44 am
69%