Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2362

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Update chinese translation
-faster sorting on usb/network drives
-force content shown in search content unlimited folders even with filters active
-New option autoSideview to have sampler_bank option switch sideview to sampler or not
-Fix sample syncing with variable bpm tracks
-fix bug in keyengine
-Copy database info when copying a folder

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 5:53 pm
Cool!!!!

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 6:10 pm
Tonight when loading Karaoke they stopped showing on screen. I had to keep restarting VDJ8 to remedy for a short time. The link from PC to Screen was fine. I did a Factory reset at one point but still kept having the problem. Back to VDJ7 ,

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 6:43 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I posted this on a previous build but the issue still persists so I'm hoping it's okay that I'm reposting again in hopes I can determine if the issue is with VDJ8 & Mac or if there is something I need to do on my end.

My Gear:

MBP 2013 - VDJ8 - Build 2362.1034
MacAir, 2014 - VDJ8 - Build 2352.1034 ( I always keep the backup 1 or 2 builds behind)
Dell PC 2013 - VDJ8 - Build 2202.966 (Only used for practice, not normally connected to internet, never leaves home)

Issue:

On both my MBP and my MacAir, the Files operations command, MOVE TO no longer functions when trying to move files or folders from the internal drive to an external drive or vice versa.

Files Operation MOVE TO works fine when moving files and folder on the internal drive and the MOVE TO works as normal on the Dell PC.

The issue seems to be with the Macs. I’ve tried the following:

1. I’ve reverted VDJ8 to default setting
2. I’ve run Mac Permissions
3. Updated to the latest VDJ8 Build (On Main machine)
4. I've reported this on the form. Someone there confirmed that they could move files as normal but they didn’t say whether they use a Mac or PC.

The only thing I haven’t done is revert to a previous build. Mainly because since the MOVE TO command isn’t one I use frequently, I have no idea when the problem started.

My question…..

If it’s not too much trouble, can someone confirm that they are either having the same issue or confirm that, using a Mac, they can in fact move an internal file to an external source using the Files Operations command MOVE TO?

Thank you in advance.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 9:00 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not sure how many times "Regression" needs to be explained. But I Would post this as a new thread in the VDJ 8 bug report forum. Existing bugs are not "Regression bugs".

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 9:06 pm
how to use
-New option autoSideview to have sampler_bank option switch sideview to sampler or not
help me use and understand

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 2:09 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
DHoude wrote :
Not sure how many times "Regression" needs to be explained. But I Would post this as a new thread in the VDJ 8 bug report forum. Existing bugs are not "Regression bugs".

My bad. If I could delete the post I would.

DHoude - No need to explain. A friendly reminder will do so I'll take your comment as that.

I had already searched the forum for any reference to the issue and did not find any mention of it so I reflexively re-posted in the regression area instead of the Bug area.

Admins, please delete or move the post in question.

Thanks

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 10:29 am
"-Fix sample syncing with variable bpm tracks"

The cracking and popping seems much improved however at random, the sample loses sync with the track being played or the sample will stop playing at all.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 11:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
how to use

By default, each time the action sampler_bank was called from skin/controller/keyboard, the Sideview was changing automatically to the Sampler view. This behavior was not wanted sometimes (e.g. when u always need to view Automix etc and have a skin that has the Sampler in a separate window or panel). With the new setting to No, this automatic behavior is disabled.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 12:51 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
autoSideview to have sampler_bank option switch sideview to sampler or not

Is the default for this new option "YES or NO"?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 2:23 pm
djdad wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
how to use

By default, each time the action sampler_bank was called from skin/controller/keyboard, the Sideview was changing automatically to the Sampler view. This behavior was not wanted sometimes (e.g. when u always need to view Automix etc and have a skin that has the Sampler in a separate window or panel). With the new setting to No, this automatic behavior is disabled.

Never could understand why they have the sampler combined with all that other stuff???

Replace the worthless track info window with the sampler, PLEASE!!

All this switching is programmer thinkin not DJ thinking.........

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 2:34 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Cant you just mapp the sample tab to move when your ready to use it ?

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 9:00 am
I only so many buttons but I'll post this in the wishes section even though I doubt it'll ever change........

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 11:36 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Still no option to automatically turn off automix (after security) when a song is loaded in same deck.

And yes I know this isn't the place for this but every time i look at the list I wonder why other things were implemented and not that.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 11:42 am
Regression Bugs Only.

Please remember this forum is for regression bugs only. Please continue any general discussion to the appropriate forums.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 12:12 pm
fatalfunk wrote :
"-Fix sample syncing with variable bpm tracks"

The cracking and popping seems much improved however at random, the sample loses sync with the track being played or the sample will stop playing at all.

Seems to be more of an issue when beat anchors are defined in quick succession i.e. every beat for a couple of bars...

Posted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 3:29 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
djdad wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
how to use

Never could understand why they have the sampler combined with all that other stuff???

Replace the worthless track info window with the sampler, PLEASE!!

All this switching is programmer thinkin not DJ thinking.........

I made this same comment about certain features, great ideas but not implemented with a djs perspective. Great Ideas tho....

Posted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 9:27 pm
This build is tight solid with ns7,the sound is crisp and ns7 is stable.thank you thought i give props after major flaws with some of the builds after 2325.kudos and good job much appreciated.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 2:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)