Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NS7 III Compatibility? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
A few facts along with my personal opinion....

thank you. i know its really a hack job, and not supported. i thought id get used to serato. and to be honest my mixes came out ok. but the interface???? if your mixing a long set. staring at that interface, its like cga graphics from the 386dx days. kind of how windows 10 does not have aero anymore. i guess minimalism is "in".

The NS7III will be probably supported very soon. As stated in the past, there is one last thing to resolve regarding the screens operation before doing that. We dont know how long it will take, but we are trying hard to do so.
FYI, the only thing that doesnt work at the moment is the waveform of deck 3 on the middle screen. We would like to resolve this as well, prior offering support. If we wont manage to resolve this, then we might offer "partial", unofficial support by uploading the unfinished files to our Addons Page.

That being said, every time a new hardware is announced, the entire dj community assumes that VirtualDJ will soon support it and thus purchase the unit. Keep in mind that this may stop or not happen in some cases. The Dev Team is mostly focused on improving the software itself and not dealing with hacking some code which came from twisted minds to avoid support from other softwares others than the one that came with.
We faced this issue since the arrival of the NV and unfortunately we had to spend several months (and without the assistance of the manufacture) in order to provide support. But this cant always be the case.

Now, as far as our users concerns, here is my advise..
If you really like VirtualDJ and you wish to stick with it for any kind of reasons, you have the following options:
1. Dont buy something unless you see official support from VirtualDJ. Thank God, we have almost 300 supported controllers to chose from !
2. Email the manufacture before buying and express your request of having support from your beloved software and in a way force them to understand that offering a "locked" product to a specific software product may harm their expected sales.
3, Buy the product, wait for a few weeks/months and then return the product to the manufacture, if they have promised an "opened/unlocked" unit.

We give our fight here, but having more allies would be extremely helpful ;)

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 9:25 pm
DJdad,

I never created a definition file before and thought it would be fun to learn. I was able to get the NS7III working (Controller Only...which is just fine with me). However, the leds for the pads and pad modes don't light up. Has Numark done something different with these leds?

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 6:24 pm
Nevermind... I was using LED element instead of Color element. All good!

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 5:14 am
Hi Virtual Dj , I have a question ? Look on Virtual dj 7 i edit alot of definition files and paste on forder Device , but on Virtual DJ 8 how i do it ? with this i can help to finish Numark NS7 3 mapping ...Thanks

Att:
Edwin Altamirano
Quito - ECUADOR

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 3:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok we have uploaded the definition+mapping files at http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80361
Keep in mind that there is still a known issue with the waveform of deck 3 (displayed at the bottom of the center screen instead of the top), but other than that, the device should be working properly.

Post here any other issues you may find.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 3:50 pm
Thanks a lot for your work! You saved my life! Lol

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 3:55 am

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 2:27 am
Yes, you can use the same files with the NS7II+screens. You will need to modify a few keys of the NS7II though in order to toggle between the waveforms and the Browser view in the center screen.

So for the NS7II + screens you need ..
	<map value="SCROLL" action="prelisten ? var '$shift' ? prelisten_pos & browser_scroll & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_scroll & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_scroll & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="CRATES" action="var '$shift' ? browser_sort 'title' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_window 'folders' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="PREPARE" action="var '$shift' ? browser_sort 'author' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : show_splitpanel 'Sideview' ? browser_window 'Sideview' ? sideview +1 & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_window 'Sideview' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : show_splitpanel 'Sideview' on & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="FILES" action="var '$shift' ? browser_sort 'bpm' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_window 'songs' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="LOAD" action="var 'shift' ? unload : load & repeat_stop 'myrepeat' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="LOAD_PREPARE" action="var '$shift' ? sidelist_add & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : playlist_add & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

<map value="FWD" action="var '$shift' ? browser_sort 'album' & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0 : browser_window +1 & set '$ns7_browser_page' 1 & repeat_start 'myrepeat' 4000ms & set '$ns7_browser_page' 0" />

More or less, the actions above secure that the Browser view of the center screen will be shown once the BROWSE knob is moved (and a few other Browser keys) , will automatically switch to the Waves view if none of the Browser keys is used for a few seconds and will automatically switch to the Waves view once a track is loaded to a deck.

Another Tip (troubleshoot mostly)..
Make sure the screens are assigned to the correct deck in Settings-->Controllers tab.
The Left Display should be assigned to Left (1,3) decks and the Right Display to Right (2,4) decks.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 11:18 am
Ok Thank You :-)

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 11:40 am
Not sure if there is known problem with browsing? The middle monitor doesn't stay on the browser. It automatically switches to waveform display in the middle of trying to look for a track.

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 9:44 am
Yes, it automatically reverts to waveform display after a time period if you don't scroll the tracks. How much time does it take for you before it returns back to waveform view ?

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 10:09 am
It's a bout 3 seconds and doesn't always work. If I hit crates the first time, the middle screen populates. But if I hit it again, nothing. I have to hit either the back, prepare, or files to get crates working again.

https://youtu.be/tfw4lnZlWJU

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 4:03 pm
Are you using any custom mapping or any custom definition ??

Try this...
assign to a custom button of the skin the action...
toggle '$ns7_browser_page'
As long as you use any of the Browser related buttons/knobs on the NS7III, the Custom Button should remain turned On and the Browser view should be visible on the screens.
If any of the Browser buttons/knob is not pressed or used for 3-4 seconds then the Custom button should be turned off and the waves should appear on the center screen.
Is this the case ?

Btw, make sure that no other files are present in the Mappers or Devices folder other than the zip file you downloaded.

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:32 pm
I have found a small bug in the action assigned to the BROWSE/SCROLL PUSH key.
Please re-download and install the updated mapping file from the Addons page and give it a try again.

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:43 pm
djdad wrote :
Are you using any custom mapping or any custom definition ??

Try this...
assign to a custom button of the skin the action...
toggle '$ns7_browser_page'
As long as you use any of the Browser related buttons/knobs on the NS7III, the Custom Button should remain turned On and the Browser view should be visible on the screens.
If any of the Browser buttons/knob is not pressed or used for 3-4 seconds then the Custom button should be turned off and the waves should appear on the center screen.
Is this the case ?

Btw, make sure that no other files are present in the Mappers or Devices folder other than the zip file you downloaded.

Yes, this works. I imagine this button will be mapped to the display button in the future.

BTW, great work. I looked at the definition file and was completely blown away. Not sure how you attained this obnoxious code.... SHAME on Numark!

Posted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 5:59 pm
I'm grinning from ear to ear. Love it. NS7III is working and can deal with the little stuff. Awesome Noticed jog wheels not turning, but that's fine.

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 10:39 pm
deck 3 and 4 jog wheels turn but not 1 and 2
STILL GRINNIN

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 11:09 pm
Is VINYL mode enabled in those decks ?

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 11:21 pm
they were not. I got it Thanks so much

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 11:32 pm
JameySewell wrote :
Nevermind... I was using LED element instead of Color element. All good!

Hey man sorry for asking i have that problem the led pads dont light up on my how did you fixed it??

Posted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 4:54 am
43%