Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NS7 III Compatibility? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djfrujPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I also own a ns7 II with the screen add on, my email is djfruj@Gmail if you'd like to email me some information on this

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 12:43 am
djdad wrote :
If they follow the same protocol as the NV, then it wont be hard to provide support for the NS7III screens too, once we get a unit in our hands.
However, we need to wait for the release to find out.
Seems they re holding it back for some reasons.

"I own a ns7II with the screen add on if you'd like to email me about the screen update I'd be more than happy to help"

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 12:45 am
EoD28PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Are we getting the mapping for the Ns7III before new year eve?

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 10:13 pm
Hello, i have the Numark Ns7 III. Il there a way to do it working with virtualdj8 ? Tanks!

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 12:09 pm
ns7III mapping please?

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 1:28 am
Just trying to help here as much as I can.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 5:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are working on providing support to the NS7III. There is one last issue to resolve. Wont take long i hope.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 10:42 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
We are working on providing support to the NS7III. There is one last issue to resolve. Wont take long i hope.

im very excited and check each day for the mapping . i actually learned serato. but its in no way intuitive.

example. to import and analayze tracks you need to have the usb cable UN plugged? wtf. anyway cant wait for the mapping. heres hoping my liscense covers this controller. just paid 149 for the denon. plus software.

Posted Sat 09 Jan 16 @ 8:09 am
Im obout to buy the ns7III but i wanna make sure first that its working perfectly with vdj...

Posted Sat 09 Jan 16 @ 11:10 pm
? Mapping for NS7III Please.......

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 10:27 pm
carey.moore wrote :
? Mapping for NS7III Please.......

I don't believe DJdad and the crew are stalling. I think they are legitimately trying to figure some stuff out before giving us something that is broke. I am so confident that they are working on it that I already have mine shipping to me. I hope the mapping is ready by then. But if not, I'm confident it will be soon.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 4:25 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
hh73 wrote :
heres hoping my liscense covers this controller. just paid 149 for the denon. plus software.

Do you have the controller license or the Pro license?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 4:58 pm
Looks like he has Pro Infinity so that will be OK.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 8:03 pm
just waiting patiently, in the mean time i have my nv that has the screens on it but im honestly ready for the update.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 16 @ 3:13 pm
cdedjpaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I hope they get this resolved before Feb. 13th. I have a big event and would like to use my new NS7III. It's part of the reason I upgraded to this controller.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 2:59 pm
Any word on the mapping of the ns7 111 with virtual dj 8

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 3:58 am
I know that the mapper is being worked on and seems to be at a halt (Due to the screens). However, if the controller is currently mapped without the screens, could we have that mapper until the rest is figured out? That way we could at least use the controller.... I assume

Posted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 8:14 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
Looks like he has Pro Infinity so that will be OK.

actually went out and bought the numark nv whick works great with vdj8. but still waiting for the mapping for ns7iii. i guess i spent all my xmas money. lol. cant compare the sound of the nv to the ns7iii.

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 1:18 pm
i think i may just bring mine back, or sell it at this point its taking a long time not to complain, i really just prefer virtual dj over serato any day.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 1:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A few facts along with my personal opinion....

The NS7III will be probably supported very soon. As stated in the past, there is one last thing to resolve regarding the screens operation before doing that. We dont know how long it will take, but we are trying hard to do so.
FYI, the only thing that doesnt work at the moment is the waveform of deck 3 on the middle screen. We would like to resolve this as well, prior offering support. If we wont manage to resolve this, then we might offer "partial", unofficial support by uploading the unfinished files to our Addons Page.

That being said, every time a new hardware is announced, the entire dj community assumes that VirtualDJ will soon support it and thus purchase the unit. Keep in mind that this may stop or not happen in some cases. The Dev Team is mostly focused on improving the software itself and not dealing with hacking some code which came from twisted minds to avoid support from other softwares others than the one that came with.
We faced this issue since the arrival of the NV and unfortunately we had to spend several months (and without the assistance of the manufacture) in order to provide support. But this cant always be the case.

Now, as far as our users concerns, here is my advise..
If you really like VirtualDJ and you wish to stick with it for any kind of reasons, you have the following options:
1. Dont buy something unless you see official support from VirtualDJ. Thank God, we have almost 300 supported controllers to chose from !
2. Email the manufacture before buying and express your request of having support from your beloved software and in a way force them to understand that offering a "locked" product to a specific software product may harm their expected sales.
3, Buy the product, wait for a few weeks/months and then return the product to the manufacture, if they have promised an "opened/unlocked" unit.

We give our fight here, but having more allies would be extremely helpful ;)

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 8:39 am
28%