Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Loop Out Effect crash virtual dj 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys I need help when I use the effect loop out for vdj8 it activates the effect but when you load a song on the deck were the effect was used it makes the software to crash. It only happens when you use it on skin vd8 4 decks mode and if I use a different skin it does not crash please help. im Using windows pc and the effect is loop out from sbdj for vdj8 Also im using the lates update from vdj8

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 9:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will have a look :)

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 5:59 am
Here is the mapping i have for it
effect_active 'Loop Out' & effect_slider 'Loop Out' 1 45% & effect_slider 'Loop Out' 2 15% & effect_active 'flanger'

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:31 am
kenyilmPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I nave the same problem the software crash with that plunging effect can you fix it

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 12:52 pm
OK, I cannot get this to crash VDJ using any of the described methods - the only issue I can get is if you load a track before the effect has finished, then the effect will still be active, which means that the new track will mute itself when it passes the 'loop out' point.

Neither of your accounts have a crash report for this plugin either.

You're going to have to be more specific I'm afraid.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 6:38 pm
Ok here I go map a button to activate loop out function and star a song on any deck do not use crossfader use faders to mix song load a song on second deck mix the song using loop out and mix the following song the same way using loop out on the 3rd or 4rd mix using loop out vdj8 crashes when you load songs on to decks do not stop the song that was playing just scroll down and load songs vdj8 will crash

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:19 pm
Hi,

Just did that with 30 songs in a row, no issue here I'm afraid.

I think you'll need to make a screen capture video, from the very start of your session to when it crashes (please don't do it with a camera, it's awful!).

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 3:28 pm
hey I figured out the software crashes if you load a song were the loop out was used if you load the song while the effect still active I tried the effect and used but if I turn off the effect before I load the song it will not crash so it has something to do while the effect still active please fix it thank you

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 9:27 pm
I tried that, and again could not crash VDJ.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 10:57 am
I can't get it to happen either, but I did notice something.

Your script works to turn on the flanger and loop out effect - but when the loop out effect ends (and turns off) the flanger stays active.

If you press the button again, the flanger turns off and the loop out turns back on.

In other words, the only time it works properly (turn loop out and flanger on) is the first time it's used (unless setting effects to reset on load).

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 6:02 am
I have settings to reset effects on load

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 2:45 pm
I'm going nuts-o Trying to figure out why my NS7II becomes unresponsive. So far, it looks like loopout is causing this. NOT SURE, but it seems to happen a little after I activate the effect. Looking into it further to see how I can replicate the unresponsive controller.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 4:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've had a play about and it will consistently crash, (about 6-7 in the last 1/2 hour if you got the dumps)
Bear in mind my machine isn't optimum, and it happens with ODD practice

Default skin 2/4 decks
Track active effect loop out
Drop a track on to the deck while effect active (I said it was odd practice)
Crash

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 5:56 pm
No related crashes against your account mate.

I've still been unable to replicate it either.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 9:52 am
No crashes here and I used it all weekend long.......

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 11:35 am
Meh could be my ancient machine, I'll feed the hamsters more muesli, see if they'll run in their wheels faster.
I'm not to bothered it only happens with bad practice.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 1:57 am
The machine should be irrelevant - if it's crashing I really want to be able to replicate so I can fix!

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:15 am
Just crashed twice between 15:30gmt and now, just trying to prove it

It only crashes/freezes when resetFXOnLoad is on

Although here is a method for another problem
resetFXOnLoad off
Play a mp3
Switch The echo out FX on, (fade off, stop unimportant)
Before the loop out switches itself off load another track & play
The Echo out effect will remain on,
press the fade button
playing track becomes massively over-gained

You can perform the track switch with fade on, then it's 50/50 sometimes the new track is over-gained sometimes it fades to silence

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 10:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can't get it to crash, but I get a short, distorting sound when the effects turns itself off.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 10:24 am
How about the over gain glitch?, method above

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 11:11 am
69%