Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: HS5500; Track speeds up in Vinyl Mode - Page: 1.4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well RPM was last updated in 2011 and DEX 3 does not support HS5500. Maybe earlier version did. Looks like we'll have to wait as apparently there's no alternative. What really pains me is that this the only thing that is wrong with VDJ for me, since the mapping capabilities are amazing and i can correct or add virtually any function i can think of or had seen on different controller. For example my old NS6 had this led bar that showed you if the bpm's of songs are set equal. Thirty minutes of coding and bam! there it is on my 5500's.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 11:00 am
SGS606PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi
I have a similar problem with the sc3900. start the track and 2 seconds in you get 1-2 sec of track speeding up.
see my post on sc3900 on 12/11/14 and watch short video clip. is this the same problem?
I sent a ticket in re problem and the got me to post on the forum.
This problem was not there on very early builds. I updated vd8 to latest build and put latest firmware (11/14) in sc3900 but still there
Let me know if this is the same problem
Steve

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 1:36 pm
Nope not the same problem.

Our problem is the says it's 70 bpm (it really is because I've sat and counted the beats) but our 5500's will play the track at 73,74 or 75 bpm. It doesn't go away until you turn the platter off.

I brought this up months ago and also for me this is really the only problem I have with them...... ✌️

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 1:41 pm
Well i see the problem varies in nature. Mine speed up but, the slow down to normal after few second. after i manipulate the platter it speeds up again for a few. The problem with 3900's looks similar but in your case speedup is shorter (time wise) and bigger (can't find the right word).

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 8:02 pm
Welp I've given up hope. I guess these players are just to old and will never really work in midi mode with VDJ.

It's sad cause they are really good players 😔

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 9:33 pm
Don't give up!

You gotta fight.......for your right.... :-)

They've done it before, they can do it again. The 5500s have worked with VDJ and Dex in the past. It really ought to be possible.

Also, as VDJ seems to be having generic issues across any/all motorized platters (not just the 5500s) it's surely down to the way it's being coded - not any fault with the product.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 10:23 am
Nope I'm moving on.

And I haven't had any trouble with spinning platters on my NS7......

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 12:18 pm
Ok so it's been months since I've used my Denons, have they gotten any better in midi mode???

I like my Pioneer CDJ 850's but they got nothing on a real rotating platter.....

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 11:18 pm
I've not tried for a while now, and there have been no updates or bug fixes mentioned in VDJ beta updates for spinning platter units......

My guess is that it's "Jack of all trades" syndrome. A tweak to fix issues with brand X affects the performance of brand Y, and there's no happy medium.

Ideally there'd be some sort of auto detection of the controller, which inititates specific settings for that unit.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 4:44 am
We'll I just set everything back up,

Well the problem is STILL THERE after all this time 😭

The only time they won't speed up is when I have the platter motor OFF but then what's the point!?!

I would just like a STRAIGHT answer here. I do realize these decks are old and maybe they just can't work with this newer tech??

If that's the problem please just tell us already. Even if you don't have any plans to fix this I'd rather hear that then be left in the dark.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 11:03 am
This happens to on timecode vinyl this been happening for a long time now to especially when pitch quality is on 1 I am a scratcher so I like my scratches tight so on 2 this problem does not happen but the scratching is not as tight the way I like it on 1.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 7:10 am
Tried again and the speeding up is still there.......

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 7:10 am
And hears how the 5500's sound in MIDI MODE with GizmoLabs RPM software (created by one of our own programmers here!!)

Now that's pretty damn tight!! My Pioneer decks in midi mode don't even sound that good!! What gives?? Why cant VDJ be this tight??

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 8:56 pm
Are you sure that's done from a 5500? It doesn't mention it....

RPM is written by Jorgen Hedberg. AFAIK he's solo now, not working for Atomix, PCDJ, Dex or on the forum here.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with the functionality/operation/firmware of the HS5500 as it works fine with other s/w (and earlier versions of VDJ).

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 12:41 pm
Ok he might not work here but I'm pretty sure that's with the 5500......

Just a straight answer would be nice for once, that's all I need to put this bed.

Even if we don't get midi timecode still works just fine and I'm cool with that BUT I'd like to hear it from the team. Even if it's on the to do list and not for another year or so.......

If it wasn't for video I'd probably just switch to Rekord box and be done with all this.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 1:53 pm
Just a straight answer and I'm done bumping this.........😳

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The HS5500 midi messages are very inaccurate. The problem is that it sends both speed and movement, but both do not exactly match, and even worse, the relation between the 2 seems to be slightly different from unit to unit.
Since the value sent for speed is not very accurate, if you also want small pitch bends to work with the platter and no drifting when scratching it is still required to take into account the movement values.
At the moment this unit is low on the priority unit since it is old, long time discontinued and it would require specific hacks that would require extra care not to degrade the accuracy of other motorized platters.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 11:42 pm
Ok cool!! That's all I needed to know and I'll use them with timecodes only from here on out.

Sorry to e a hard ass but this has been on goin for a while now and we haven't gotten any answers.

Thanks for the info and time 👍 it's most appreciated 🙏

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 7:40 am
Oh well, I guess it's back to VDJ 6, RPM or DEX then. :-(

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 9:29 am
I never got them to work with ANY version of VDJ that I've tried, lol!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 10:15 am
90%