Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: HS5500; Track speeds up in Vinyl Mode - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

And hears how the 5500's sound in MIDI MODE with GizmoLabs RPM software (created by one of our own programmers here!!)

Now that's pretty damn tight!! My Pioneer decks in midi mode don't even sound that good!! What gives?? Why cant VDJ be this tight??

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 8:56 pm
Are you sure that's done from a 5500? It doesn't mention it....

RPM is written by Jorgen Hedberg. AFAIK he's solo now, not working for Atomix, PCDJ, Dex or on the forum here.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with the functionality/operation/firmware of the HS5500 as it works fine with other s/w (and earlier versions of VDJ).

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 12:41 pm
Ok he might not work here but I'm pretty sure that's with the 5500......

Just a straight answer would be nice for once, that's all I need to put this bed.

Even if we don't get midi timecode still works just fine and I'm cool with that BUT I'd like to hear it from the team. Even if it's on the to do list and not for another year or so.......

If it wasn't for video I'd probably just switch to Rekord box and be done with all this.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 1:53 pm
Just a straight answer and I'm done bumping this.........😳

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The HS5500 midi messages are very inaccurate. The problem is that it sends both speed and movement, but both do not exactly match, and even worse, the relation between the 2 seems to be slightly different from unit to unit.
Since the value sent for speed is not very accurate, if you also want small pitch bends to work with the platter and no drifting when scratching it is still required to take into account the movement values.
At the moment this unit is low on the priority unit since it is old, long time discontinued and it would require specific hacks that would require extra care not to degrade the accuracy of other motorized platters.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 11:42 pm
Ok cool!! That's all I needed to know and I'll use them with timecodes only from here on out.

Sorry to e a hard ass but this has been on goin for a while now and we haven't gotten any answers.

Thanks for the info and time 👍 it's most appreciated 🙏

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 7:40 am
Oh well, I guess it's back to VDJ 6, RPM or DEX then. :-(

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 9:29 am
I never got them to work with ANY version of VDJ that I've tried, lol!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 10:15 am
Even with VDJ 6, it's only specific versions that work (6.X.X). There are old threads here and on the Denon forum with the info.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 10:23 am
Yeah I ain't time for that, lmao!!

Seriously just thinking about scrapin the video and switch to Rekord box or the Denon program and buy a Pioneer effects unit.

Tired of all this. Platters ain't right effects aren't very good on both audio and video side. I could go on but those options are looking better and better with every update.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 11:38 am
I've actually tried RPM from Gizmolabs and it worked really well when it did but after some scratching, with no apparent reason, the track would skip to the beginning in like a second. Like doing a backspin with drill so it wasn't perfect there either.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 9:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)