Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: TEXT TO SCREEN PLUGIN using only WiFi (DJ provided or Facility Provided) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

And for those of us that don't have Facebook?? I'd like to be able to use my Android phone.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 11:00 am
That's kind of like saying you don't have a computer isn't it? Not sure if I am understanding you Huey. It is the way we participate now but I want to go back to forums. Once we get this all setup I will be doing a bulk mail though and you are on the mailing list.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 3:13 pm
Haha, I really don't use Facebook, I dropped it years ago.

But how can I use an Android phone with Telly??

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 4:11 pm
Well I won't be repeating weeks of discussion on it here but like I said it is currently in testing. We have to do documentation on it and more yet. There are currently 2 rounds of implementation going on with this. One is with DJ Pete ( who has resurfaced :) and one is a built in testcase for TV+. I am only sending out the TV test case per special request as it requires inside information to get started with it. Once we have the documents etc., a potential user interface from DJ Pete, and more you will be notified Huey.

I am not a big facebook fan either but I have dozens of things I am not a big fan of on my computer. It is a fact of life these days to satisfy work needs and communication in a variety of ways. Not like it is a big deal anyway to be using these social media sites on your computer and phone.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 4:32 pm
Well ok, ill be waiting.

As for social media, I do use twitter and instagram, Lmao!!
And this does suck, a plugin that developed for VDJ yet we can't discuss it here, mind boggling I tell ya.....

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 5:06 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
And this does suck, a plugin that developed for VDJ yet we can't discuss it here, mind boggling I tell ya.....

I echo that...

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 5:30 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Thanks Don.

But im on Hueys side of this FB thing, never got it and never will ;-)

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 8:27 pm
I am on the side of forums as well and I do like forums better which I have one in place but nobody used it and instead used facebook. So it is like the facebook page took on it's own life and the forum confused people so took it down. So the facebook page is the best place to follow current events for TM and TV at this time.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 8:59 pm
Understand you.
But why have a website with forum and not respond on it make no sense ?

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 4:46 pm
Because no one used the forums to ask for anything so it was point less to keep it up. I do realize I need to do something about it but I have my hands full trying to get code done as well. So I let the facebook thing ride for now. I am in the mist of redoing all the code for TM and TV into a single app / plugin and also try to update existing technologies as I go. A lot to do with no real payment and also need to work to pay the bills. I am up to the task and excited about it but some things will slip by in the meantime.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 7:27 pm
Sounds great with One app :-)

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 3:54 pm

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:59 pm
Just to mention not to go off half baked with installing things for the android implementation with TV. The whole scenario is in testing. Not for public release. If you have not followed the discussion of it then you should do nothing. People who are on the plus side of things will receive an email on it when we are ready.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 10:18 pm
Don Moir wrote :
Using an android phone it also supports SMS, Pushbullet, WhatsApp, Viber, LINE, Facebook Messenger, mySMS, and more coming.

Glad you posted that because this sentence alone is what made me go download PushBullet and mySMS which is why I emailed you because that sentence tells me it works......

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 11:00 pm
Don Moir wrote :
Currently we are looking at an android phone in addition to modems used by IMU and iWall for TellyVisuals+. TV+ supports IMU and iWall. Using an android phone it also supports SMS, Pushbullet, WhatsApp, Viber, LINE, Facebook Messenger, mySMS, and more coming. If you don't care about SMS, you don't even need a phone. You can use an android emulator on your PC. With this user has a choice on how to send messages using their favorite messaging app. This is currently in testing and hopefully we can get this all formalized with a decent user interface and other things soon.

Sometimes it does not matter how many words you use lol but I tried to say testing at least a few times... Sorry if that confused as it was not my intention.

With that said it does all work. You need a proper setup on phone and TV + PB and just not ready to release or relate all the information that has been said about it here.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 1:11 am
Dear Frappa,

I apologize about the delay in answering your post on our forum. Aaron normally monitors the forum religiously but this is our busy tradeshow season what with LDI coming up in just a few days. I guess it got past him. I did answer, but will also answer here as well.

One great little modem that we have found is the E182E from Huawei. We've found them on Amazon and AliExpress for around $25.00. It works great, and works with all versions of Windows that we have tested, including Windows 10.

If you haven't already done so, you might check out the help file, accessible from the help menu and also the front page (start page) of the software. The modem is mentioned in the help file, and it says something like "Click here if you are using IMU for the first time".

Best regards,

William Benner

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 11:30 pm
Its OK William.

I have got your message on mail and all good here :-)

Thanks,
Fredrik

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 5:27 pm
Today, I got my huawei E182E.
I have tried all kind of settings without any luck.
Just got a couple of sms sended to phone, but no sms to the huawei ??

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 9:03 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
freppa wrote :
Today, I got my huawei E182E.
I have tried all kind of settings without any luck.
Just got a couple of sms sended to phone, but no sms to the huawei ??

I have the E173 which I think is similar.
This is what I was told to make it work with IMU:

1. Start Mobile Partner, DON’T CLICK CONNECT. (Mobile Partner is the program that comes with the modem.)
2. Start IMU and Mobile Partner closes.
3. Run “Communication Setup Wizard”.
4. Run “Test” & Test is successful.

Good luck!

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 9:21 pm
Okey, thanks BAV.

Have tried it with just Mobile Partner, will try it with IMU direct.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 9:28 pm
63%