Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Check out a 5.5 hours live video mix recorded w VDJ8! (+ couple of questions)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello there!
For me VDJ8 works very well, it has never crashed on gig or anything. Also I love the possibility of record the whole gig to a single video file.
Check it out my latest gig here, 174 tracks mixed in 5.5 hours!
https://vimeo.com/98683573

1) A question about video transitions. I always use audio crossfader+ eq when I mix to next song. I have VideoCrossfaderAuto=yes, videoCrossfaderLink=no and VideoRandomTransition=yes from the options. If you watch this mix above, you can see taht VideoRandomTranstion does not always work, sometimes even 2-4 consecutive transitions are same before it changes to different transiion type. Why is that? In VDJ7 I used a random transition plugin and it worked better.

2) 2nd Question: Usually when I mix two songs I move the audio crossfader from the side to another slowly, the transition it takes about 10-20 seconds. With some video transitions, the VideoCrossfaderAuto works too fast, video picture is transitioned to the hext song in less than second. You can see it happening many times at the mix above.
IS there a way to make it look somehow better? The transition might be very cool but happens in a blink of an eye while the audio mixing is still in progress. If I remember right, there were a possibility to change the speed of VideoCrossfaderAuto in VDJ somehow. How to do that in VDJ8?

3) Another chance is to change VideoRandomTranstion to use only "good looking" transitions from a certain crate, but I dont know how to do such crate. I can make a crate in video transitions but I cannot drag drop or move transitions between them.

How do you do use video transitions? Any advices?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 2:59 am
5 and a half recording video on vdj?....someone give this man a trophy!...;)

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 6:07 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 6:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)