Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 8.0 Available ! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

And finally, here it is. VirtualDJ 8 is now available for everyone.
Just grab it from the download page.

Still, as we said during the pre-release, VirtualDJ 8 has been thoroughly tested and is used daily by tens of thousands of professional users. But, it doesn't have the same level of maturity and testing as our previous VirtualDJ 7, which could rely on an engine that has been used and abused for the past 18 years by more than 150 million people.
So we encourage you to try and play with VirtualDJ 8, but if you have THE event of your life coming, VirtualDJ 7 is still available for when you need a proven rock-solid stability.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:34 am
Excellent! Can I be the first to congratulate you guys on a great job. :-)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:39 am
Great and cool
Is there any differences with the pre-release?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:00 pm
No it is exactly the same.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:02 pm
Congrats, need to find time to install it and play.. In the meantime, I like to READ READ READ from anyone's commetns.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Congratulations Atomix! From what I've seen here it seems pretty stable for most folks now, I haven't had a single crash during the beta. As soon as the 3rd party plugins get updated, I'll be trying this out live, can't wait! I tip my hat to everyone involved in the development of v8, it's been a long time coming but it looks like you've got something pretty special.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:20 pm
Great Job i Love It!!!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:03 pm
great! please check vdj8 video effects engine! clip bank, sbdj scroll text and showlogo+ are not compatible !

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:26 pm
Clipbank is no longer supported in Virtual DJ 8

The other plugins you mention will be down the the developer to adapt them to function on version 8.
I'm sure this will happen soon.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djtomasdiaz wrote :
great! please check vdj8 video effects engine! clip bank, sbdj scroll text and showlogo+ are not compatible !

Correct, plugins are being updated, but as you can imagine this is no small task given the quantity and available time.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:00 pm
i am amazed and this year im switching PRO this is the bomb !!! congratulations guys the wait was worth it :)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
Apart from a 10 minute play with the first build last week I've not even had a chance to look at V8 yet.

Busy time at home just now but I have a gig at the weekend and will use the current version.

I use the MC6000 and will have a lot of things to set up, new effects along with mapper changes and such. The transition between versions not as seamless as I would have liked so it'll be a while before I try it out properly with my gig setup.

Kudos to the team for all the hard work though.

Keith

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:34 pm
faltan los manuales donde se consiguen

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:55 pm

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:02 pm
Awsome!!!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:06 pm
installed it and everytime i open i get this, any solutions on how to fix it?
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/VirtualDJ 8.app/Contents/MacOS/VirtualDJ
Reason: Incompatible library version: VirtualDJ requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Which OSX version do you use ? You need at least 10.7 - 10.9 recommended.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:46 pm
esta muy bien virtual dj 8 aunque lo estoy utilizando con pioneer we goo 2 y tengo este pequeño detalle cuando subo el fader se descuadra desfasa la cancion enserio 2 o tres veces pasa ese detalle no se cual es la razon. pero ha cambiado al 100% va como un tiro. quedan pequeños detalles tampoco me aparecen las lineas de colores para ver las notas tampoco se la razon que no salgan

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:02 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Congratulations VDJ Team.
and a big biiiiiig like for the fastest support in the world !

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:01 pm
Good job guys,I guess I'll uninstall the pre-release and install the real deal! (love the video drop sampler with sound)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:25 pm
22%