Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 8.0 Available ! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PUCHU85 wrote :
esta muy bien virtual dj 8 aunque lo estoy utilizando con pioneer we goo 2 y tengo este pequeño detalle cuando subo el fader se descuadra desfasa la cancion enserio 2 o tres veces pasa ese detalle no se cual es la razon. pero ha cambiado al 100% va como un tiro. quedan pequeños detalles tampoco me aparecen las lineas de colores para ver las notas tampoco se la razon que no salgan

Please post in English or use the Spanish forums.

Thanks

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:47 pm
steelwill wrote :
Good job guys,I guess I'll uninstall the pre-release and install the real deal! (love the video drop sampler with sound)

you dont have to do that if you kept up with its auto-updates...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:09 pm
MY GEMINI G4V CONTROLLER WORKS FINE WITH MY VIRTUAL PRO7 BUT NOTHING WITH 8, I UPGRADED FIRMWARE AND STILL NOTHING, CAN ANYONE HELP

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:57 pm
You need to register your serial number for 7 on your account.

Then login to version 8 and it should work.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:06 pm
G4v control does not work whit virtual dj 8 I try everything and it does not work please help. I need the mappers for this version tanks

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:11 pm
That is amazing fast work from you guys! I barely had time to touch the beta version and now you release the full beast! Awesome work!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:35 pm
djm2da3PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
HOW CAN I MAKE THE FONT BIGGER AND CLEAR FOR ADDING TEXT MESSAGES ON THE SCREEN? IT SHOWS UP REALLY SMALL (FOR VJ8)

I USED FOR A GIG AND IT WAS SMOOTH, I LIKE THE VIDEO SCRATCH EFFECT IT LOOK COOL...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:22 am
I am considering purchasing the VDJ 8 PRO license. I own a Numark NS7 2. I did try running 7.4 with the mapping file supplied by Numark, however there were some issues. Attaining a audible mic level without feedback, and sluggish pitch control and gain as examples. How smoothly does VDJ8 run with the NS7 2 Any and all feedback greatly appreciated!!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:03 am

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:07 am
Not to p*ss on the bomfire here, but i really aren't too sure about VDJ8 so far! Do not like the menu's at all, nor the layout and design of the virtual dj 8 skin! Menu's are very basic to look at yet seem un-necessarily difficult to use and decipher i.e the settings for the pitch bend and cue seem a little hard to play with without the slider to set the sensitivity (a bunch of digits alone doesn't give me any kind of indication as to where to set them at)! Visual waveforms aren't as clean as before, the skin looks basic yet messy and thrown in and just general use of the program itself just seems hard work compared to Virtual DJ 7! That being said the sound output itself does seem a lot 'fuller' and has more depth and the core of the program itself seems more stable, but I'l wait until these problems get ironed out before i go pro on VDJ8! Appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into this though don't get me wrong as i'm not here to slate VDJ and the team as they do an amazing job, this is solely just my personal feedback thus far!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:48 am
You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

What i would say, and this is for everyone, not just yourself:
Virtual DJ 8, is not an upgrade to 7, its not an addition, it is a brand new platform in which to grow the future of the software on. VirtualDJ7 had 18 years of maturing behind it. Version 8 just a matter of hours really.

Of course things will change and things will improve over time, but i think everyone needs to realise that whilst things may look different, they may at first glance appear more complicated or messy it is all new and as such we need to embrace the new rather than dwell on the past.

Yes there is a learning curve, a steep one at that. Yes there are some issues at the moment, but what software doesn't have issues when it first launches. Yes there are some features that some people miss hugely, and some of these may return. But we have to embrace the here and now, rather than think about what was, and if those features return then great. If they don't then we haven't been sitting waiting for them.

Absolutely share your thoughts and opinions. For sure the team want to make version 8 as stable and as popular as 7 was, and exceed that. But remember that all things change eventually - time to embrace. :-)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:57 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is it necessary to uninstall the pre release version first?
Reason I ask is that I get the message to uninstall previous version.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:24 am
So How is the vinyl timecode emulation ? Is it better than V7 ? Is it as accurate as Serato ?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:30 am
bogart wrote :
Is it necessary to uninstall the pre release version first?
Reason I ask is that I get the message to uninstall previous version.

No, it auto updates to latest version. If you already have VDJ8 there is no need to download again.
Reason it as you to uninstall previous, you already have it installed.

(its a Windows thing, that tells you you cant install a program you already have... )

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:39 am

This is what I get. It will not allow me to just install over pre release.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:45 am
yes read above ;) you already have the program installed, so you dont have to install again (and on Windows can not)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:51 am
I think I must be missing something.
I have the pre release one installed version 8.0.748, with build of 1785.658.
The new version is 8.0.1785.
It will not install over the pre release version.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:03 am
virtual dj is very good although I'm using it in August with 2 pioneer goo we have this little detail when I get the fader is seriously out of position offsets the song two or three times happens that detail which is not the reason. but has changed to 100% is like a shot. small details are not shown me colors lines for notes is not reason not to leave

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:23 am
bogart wrote :

It will not install over the pre release version.

You can always do what Windows says, remove the pre-release. Then you can for sure install the downloaded installer.
But your current installed VDJ 8 should auto update.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:32 am
44%