Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sorry scott...humm....one more time.for those who are not able to start the milkdrop,you will need the direct x pact.this is the complete pack download.notice bas they install that they are all from 2006 on down,therefore you wont miss any...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Plugin updated to v1.23:

* Implement 'High Quality' mode in v7 plugin without needing to stop/start the plugin
* Fix potential crash when changing quality mode
* Fix potential crash when manually changing preset

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:21 am
Nice!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:23 pm
Plugin updated to v1.24:

* (v8) Moved plugin to first in chain so that things like video samples are visible over the top.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:50 am

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:34 pm
scott...as I've mentioned there is some issues,probably when using with 4 decks.but...we'll check again later...but also...what about them preset selectors.now I know you cant add 500 buttons for all presets lol....but what about a "Last" & "next" or better yet..a "Favorite" button/buffer thing?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:49 pm
erm... do we need to move the .dll file everytime we update to newer versions?

and whyinhell isn't your milkdrop plug-in bundled as default visualization with the 8!!!

seriously. why?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:40 pm
well because
A.) is still not finished,as far as I can see...and
B.) is open scource but originally from the guys at Winamp...and VDJ dont/cant cut a deal with the makers..

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
der's dese guyz in joisey who couldst gut ... er cut a deal

don't care. needs to happen.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
"Joisey"..ha,ha..yeah...

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :

don't care. needs to happen.

dont worry...we got it...;)

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:21 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Plugin updated to v1.24:

* (v8) Moved plugin to first in chain so that things like video samples are visible over the top.

Greetings, when using milkdrop (audio only) do not work the video samples, not seen, only heard the audio, I'm doing something wrong?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:23 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
erm... do we need to move the .dll file everytime we update to newer versions?

and whyinhell isn't your milkdrop plug-in bundled as default visualization with the 8!!!

seriously. why?

I will update the installer to ask.

If it was bundled then I would not be able to update it easily. Nothing to do with licensing agreements at all and nothing to do with winamp!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:57 am
samirdj21 wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Plugin updated to v1.24:

Greetings, when using milkdrop (audio only) do not work the video samples, not seen, only heard the audio, I'm doing something wrong?

if you activate milkdrop in the effect or master section of vdj then the effect will "overlap" the video. you need to place (or copy) the dll in the visualization folder (after closing vdj ) then reopen vdj8 and go to options/video and select milkdrop as a "Audio only" effect.then you will see only when the crossover is at the mp3 deck position,and see the video im age when the crossover its in the video deck position.if you get no video at any moment after this then check your video-crossover/deck assigments selections (the dots at either side of the video crossover (top crossover).you must "uncheck" the selecting dots by "right-clicking" on them...

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:05 pm
OK, I've split this plugin into two versions:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16751/Milkdrop7.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16711/Milkdrop8.html

Milkdrop7 is for versions up to v7.4.1. It is deliberately incompatible with v8. It will install in the VideoEffect folder (milkdrop7.dll)
Milkdrop8 is, you guess it, for v8 onwards. It is deliberately incompatible with anything prior to v8.0. It will install in the Visualisations folder (milkdrop8.dll)

As far as the video samples etc on top of milkdrop - this only works at present if the effect is on a deck. If you have two audio files loaded (or no files loaded!) then the effect is active on the master and VDJ will place it on top at present. If you have it set as the visualisation and have one audio and one video loaded, you'll notice the effect is actually active on the deck and the video samples are visible over the top.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:32 am
Is there a way of seeing which version of the plugin is installed as in 7 ?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:10 pm
Just simply delete what you have now and simply reinstall the correct version for either 7 or 8.

How much easier can he make it for you guys??

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:29 pm
hmm...cool but,what happens when I want to use both vdj7 (still have midi out,8 dont) and vdj8?...they both are sharing folders.each will see both versions of milkdrops?...hmm,what about placing the version 8 on the visualization folder and the version 7 on the video plugins.then if we use vdj7 it will be distinguishable? in theory
edit: hmm I see you've renamed them,will make this easier,slick...

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 2:46 pm
Reading is fundamental fellas........

SBDJ wrote :
OK, I've split this plugin into two versions:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16751/Milkdrop7.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16711/Milkdrop8.html

Milkdrop7 is for versions up to v7.4.1. It is deliberately incompatible with v8. It will install in the VideoEffect folder (milkdrop7.dll)
Milkdrop8 is, you guess it, for v8 onwards. It is deliberately incompatible with anything prior to v8.0. It will install in the Visualisations folder (milkdrop8.dll)

As far as the video samples etc on top of milkdrop - this only works at present if the effect is on a deck. If you have two audio files loaded (or no files loaded!) then the effect is active on the master and VDJ will place it on top at present. If you have it set as the visualisation and have one audio and one video loaded, you'll notice the effect is actually active on the deck and the video samples are visible over the top.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:32 pm
makes sense....trying it now.first vdj7....

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:03 pm
41%