Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Martin FourS wrote :
With Milkdrop as visualisation I'm not able to change settings. I've got Milkdrop.dll and Milkdrop.ini put into the Visualisation folder. Changing the .ini-file doesn't seem to have any effect. If used as visualisation there's no GUI to change settings. Now the patterns change every 5 minutes. and I would like to shorten that. Any ideas?

I can change the settings (used as visuals) when i use standard VDJ8 skin, drop down menu video effects, then click the config wheel icon behind the milkdrop text.

EDIT: Then I get a side menu on the right bottom of VDJ8 with the settings.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:14 am
That's only when I use Milkdrop as a video-effect. Therefor the .dll and .ini-file must remain in the plugins/video effects-folder. I've moved them from this folder to Visualisation. There's no Milkdrop-video-effect in my drop down-menu.
If I leave the .ini-file in both folders, I guess only 1 .ini-file will get updated when the GUI is adjusted.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:32 am
Martin FourS wrote :
That's only when I use Milkdrop as a video-effect. Therefor the .dll and .ini-file must remain in the plugins/video effects-folder. I've moved them from this folder to Visualisation. There's no Milkdrop-video-effect in my drop down-menu.
If I leave the .ini-file in both folders, I guess only 1 .ini-file will get updated when the GUI is adjusted.

I moved the milkdrop also to visualisations folder only. Then I still can get the config settings in the dropdown menu "video effects" at the bottom I got the titler, ???? and milkdrop. All three visualisation effects...
I don't have Milkdrop as videoeffect.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If it's in the Visualisations folder, then it's accessible via the Visualisations section of the video effect menu, GUI included...

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:51 am
Thanks, Scott & Roy,
Found it. I use the Combat Skin and in there you can't change the type of effect. By selecting the default V8-skin all is good.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:21 pm
Hi. I am using VDJ8 on a windows 8.1 laptop and getting an error advising that Milkdrop is not compatible. I have moved the .dll file as instructed. It works fine on my win7 machine but not my win 8 laptop any suggestions.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:15 am
You need to install DirectX as above. Your default windows installation will be missing some updated files.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:16 am
Thanks Guys. worked a treat. You guys rock.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:42 am
djsplusPRO InfinityMember since 2010
SBDJ wrote :
At the risk of sounding silly, please make sure you have run this before trying to use the plugin:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

The only way I can get an incompatible error is if a dependency (D3DX9_43.dll) is missing or corrupt.

I had a problem also, thanks the link did the trick

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:50 pm
JudderPRO InfinityMember since 2011
What a star you are SB. Can't believe I've just found this plugin! hahahaha Your status has been moved to 'Godlike' ;)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:02 pm
v1.22 has been uploaded; just one small change - I tweaked the audio processing code to eliminate the potential of strange cross-thread occurrences.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:44 pm
Right on Scott!...

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:00 pm
Just updated Milkdrop on VDJ 7 ...... working perfectly ....... but have noticed that if I use my mouse to take the sliders (separately) beyond the min/max points, it changes the visualisation, is this supposed to happen by default or is it a bug ?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:02 am
Hi Scott .. seem to have a little problem with this plugin. I have installed it on Virtual DJ 7 & 8 but all I get is a black screen any ideas way mate..??

ps running windows 8 system ... if that makes a differents : )

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:11 am
Steve Xcite wrote :
Hi Scott .. seem to have a little problem with this plugin. I have installed it on Virtual DJ 7 & 8 but all I get is a black screen any ideas way mate..??

ps running windows 8 system ... if that makes a differents : )

Installed the "old" DirectX9 ? Since Windows 7 and 8 etc only have DirectX11 installed?
(see previous posts where linked to the Windows installer)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:25 am
you need the direct x "9" especialy

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:03 pm
Backflipboy wrote :
Just updated Milkdrop on VDJ 7 ...... working perfectly ....... but have noticed that if I use my mouse to take the sliders (separately) beyond the min/max points, it changes the visualisation, is this supposed to happen by default or is it a bug ?

that is normal behaviour...other plugins move to the next algorythim when we reset its programable settings.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
Backflipboy wrote :

???????

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
why do mine work,while everyones is having trouble? read the posts.dont disregard my findings as I was beta testing this way ago,and the only problem I had was that i rebuilt my Alienware using the Alien respawn which did not bring back my system (windows 7,programs etc) completly and thats when I lost the direct x but didnt know it..so I allready whent through this and posted it.you were right behind me and you didnt see it? yeez!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
whew! to early in the mourning for this...imao

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:21 pm
33%