Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4.1 - lessons learned getting this working, issues still outstanding, and hopefully some help for other users - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Im having a problem with editing the asio config could anyone tell me how you can change it :)

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 7:02 am
Please be more specific. What are you trying to do, and what's not happening?

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 8:49 am
c.kellyPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Shout out to Mundell.

Thanks for the post I have emailed ADJ 48 hours ago and still no response. I will try your crossover fix and post results.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 4:30 am
Im new to this type of stuff and you guys seem to explain it quite well.
Heres my problem, I hope you can help.
I can move everything on the VMS4.1 on the computer, my sound settings are a little mixed up though. I need help to fix that. I press play on the mixer and I hear absolutely nothing. I really dont want to get a second soundcard either.
Any suggestions or help? :(

Posted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 10:49 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Tue 13 Aug 13 @ 12:41 am
Do any of you guys have some suggestions on how to do the ASIO configering on a Mac?

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 5:00 pm
There is no ASIO on a Mac.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 1:34 pm
I'm new to this vdj and vms4.1 I can't seem to be able to play a song and listen to the next one on my headphone before playing it what do I need to do?

Posted Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 3:23 pm
Please do not post the same question multiple times. It's against the forum rules.

You already asked here a few hours earlier.

Posted Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 4:06 pm
Silly question time - can vdj pro with the vms4.1 be changed so that it's xlr outputs are in mono instead of stereo ?? Basically playing in a hotel that's wired the sound system wrong and only has 1 xlr input into their sound wall system meaning any stereo tracks are only firing down one side so for instance an older track with different signals on each side don't play properly. Can't see anything on hardware or software to allow this?!

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 11:17 am
Mr. Mundell... I could KISS you right now. Spent many frustrating hours trying to figure out why all my output from all 4 decks was coming out on Ch2, rending the crossfader utterly useless. Then I ran across your post thanks to Google (not this forum's own search), and had the VMS working PERFECTLY within 5 minutes!!

Ran into every single issue you did.. gain knobs not turning on the screen, headphones way too loud, recording issues (American Audio, Atomix, I hope you're reading this!) and learned more about both the software and the hardware through your posts than I did reading through both manuals (what little there was to read in the VMS one). THANK YOU, seriously.

I 2nd the motion.. ADJ please pay attention.. we need a way to make the crossfader work both decks simultaneously. Maybe there's a way to map that or script it? I personally use 2 & 3 for mix, 1 & 4 for samples for each side respectively, so that would be huge. But I can get by with the 4 individual channel sliders in favor of the crossfader (now that it's FINALLY works right after all that effort.. haha). We definitely need a separate filter knob, though.. come on guys, that's BASIC, the skin even has it. But I guess I can give up my sample knobs, since I like the more precise control of cue points on an empty deck for that.

To your issue with the Shift+Pause for switching decks (I know, right? Over a touch-sensitive job wheel?).. I did notice the Select knobs on both Effect and Sample can also click down.. I wonder what the associated command for that is, maybe that can be mapped to quickly swap decks on the fly?

At any rate, thanks again... NOW I can go on to the fun stuff... :D

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:06 pm
Happy to help! I've since moved onto a Pioneer DDJ-SX but I learned to DJ on the VMS4.1 and it's a great unit for the price... once it's set up right of course!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 3:23 am
is there an Asio Driver for mac?? i just got a mac and don't know how I'm supposed to use my American Audio Vms 4.1 now. please help

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 7:05 pm
Macs don't use ASIO.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 5:38 am
hi guys
ok heres my issue hope someone can help without saying get another usb lead as ive already swapped it
my problem is my vms 4.1 stops responding in vdj after a little over an hr my Hercules 4mx does it aswell so I know its not the mixers at fault
ive reinstalled vdj and ive still got the same problems , this is happening on both my gig laptops even with the av and the wifi disabled im still getting the discon .
audio still plays but the sliders etc are un responsive then the laptop just crashes
im running windows 7 on acer laps both up to max 8 gig on memory
both laps have i3 cpu @ 253ghz
ive made sure the power management is set to max performance and everything set inc usb to never turn off sleep or hibenate
ive installed game booster this has no effect
so if anyone can run me thru on where im going wrong with settings ide be most gratefull :)

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 2:34 pm
forgot to mention im using version 7 of vdj as I don't like 8 even 8 discons :(

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 2:35 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe another device on the same circute is causing it?
I know that if a fog machine is on the same circute as the VMS, as soon as the fog machine is activated, the VMS is crashing.
Not always, not with all VMS devices, but some will crash.
Same with a lamp, or fridge or other things on the same circute.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 4:54 pm
thanks for the reply
it does it regardless of whats plugged in even plugged in on its own it does it its driving me nuts having to make sure ive got both laptops running so when 1 gives up the ghost I can hopefully use the substitute then reboot the other but that's a right pain in the butt , really need this issue sorting
im thinking of going back to xp but there isn't any support for xp now :( updates etc
im certain its a settings issue but im damned if I can find it hence asking what settings you guys have on your laps etc

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 1:23 am
update
today I tried running mixer with power setting on laptop set for gaming
vdj lasted 90 mins before it froze me out wouldn't reset
i tried a jump start pack with a 240v inverter still froze me out after 90 mins so its not a power supply issue ,very frustrated
both my gig laptops freeze after around 90 mins both running windows 7
its almost as vdj is acting like a trial version and timing out , is this possible

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 3:39 pm
Sounds like it might be a bad driver maybe, causing a burp in the USB connection. Hard to say because we don't know what else you have running (background tasks etc).

Do you have the VMS powered via the mains adapter (not just the USB cable)?

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 5:13 pm
85%