Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4.1 - lessons learned getting this working, issues still outstanding, and hopefully some help for other users - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yes the vms is powered by its own power source however the Hercules 4-mx I also use is usb powered , both lose connection after 90 mins losing all controls but audio continues to play for aprox three mins then the whole system locks up and freezes
the only back ground programmes that run normally are av and wifi but these are disabled before vdj is activated
all services are disabled apart from windows services on start up , if I require a service or programme I use the start menu or the desktop short cut
I checked to see if power was being disrupted by using a usb powered light, this stayed on for over 4 hours when I disconnected it therefore power to usb is constant.
yhe problems started after an update to vdj7.4 now I cant cure this problem with the knowledge I have already. hence the post hoping you guys could share the setting you use on windows 7 i.e power and settings config obviously an update may have caused a reversal of a setting I don't know
I have followed black vipers instructions for windows 7 in the past but cant seem to find the full instructions in archives now
all I know is if anyone requires a new printer lead ive got loads of them here lol ( fav advice from other members )

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 7:15 pm
forgot to reply to driver burp , if it was a burp would it not be random ? this seems like a time out shut off setting of some sort where I don't know
everything that I know in power management is set never to time out sleep hibenate or shut down

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 7:21 pm
That's what I mean. I reckon there's a driver/DLL etc. on your system that's doing something at a certain time and it's causing the USB / VMS4.1 to glitch.

As it's happening on two laptops, is there anything that you've installed or have running on both? A program or util that you like maybe? A common peripheral (used on both PCS) that needs a driver? External hard drive maybe?

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 6:37 pm
groove I think ive sussed it
hd audio I disabled it I think an update reactivated the hd audio causing the problems I re disabled both audio devices and it seems to be ok so far ( 3.5 hrs no clitch )
will do some hardcore mixing tomoz give the system a thrashing and report back :) also have to check other mixer is fault free aswell
I havnt had time to check the back up machine yet but will update you guys asap :)

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 8:59 pm
hello I installed american audio vms4.1 on my pc but some nobs not work with midi as the bass mid treble and gain on analogic works well someone get me solution

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:15 pm
hello I installed american audio vms4.1 on my pc but some nobs not work with midi as the bass mid treble and gain on analogic works well someone get me solution

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is an intended behaviour because the mixer part of the unit is analog.
If they too would change in VDJ you would get a double of the gain value or EQ values.
E.g. you turn the gain on the VMS to +1 (analog) the software would do the same +1 (digital) resulting in a total gain of +2.
That is not what you want.

However, in the pro version it is possible to map these buttons as "fake". Meaning, they would move on the skin but don't affect the sound.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 10:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)