Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

That settles that question. Thanks

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:51 pm
I've just downloaded and installed 7.4 (installed it over 7.3) but when I click the icon to run it, I get "installation error".

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:55 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does the Video Plan work exactly? Is it like the old "netsearch" where one has to logon every now and then to get the permissions to play it/if cancel the plan do they lose the ability to play the videos they already downloaded?

I'm just asking because I know someone else will...for me I have a full plan with VJ Pro already, plus I still like to keep my system offline when working so I won't ever have the need to search for someone during the middle of a set.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:01 pm
JayMSY wrote :
How does the Video Plan work exactly? Is it like the old "netsearch" where one has to logon every now and then to get the permissions to play it/if cancel the plan do they lose the ability to play the videos they already downloaded?

Yes

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:05 pm
Can anyone verify if the ddj-sx is on the list of natively supported controllers?

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:08 pm
Yep :)

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:13 pm
Yes, it is.

Keith

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:14 pm
While the VDJ Verb List gets updated can someone shine in with a small explanation and the difference between the new commands:

slip_mode:
slip:
loop_roll:

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:25 pm
All in the software for you to find:

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To add to the loop_roll - > you add the loop size after the command: loop_roll 2

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:35 pm
Now we can show the Digital DJ Tips link on Version 7.4

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:39 pm
well I am really bummed that it would cost around $80 bucks a month for all three (audio,karaoke,and video) files!! Guess i will stick with my $9.99 Audio only subscription and keep getting my updates from other sources. oh well at least they will be mine to keep and not CASHE, In case my computer ever dies or i upgrade my laptop and have to start all over searching them.......

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:41 pm
djlarryd722 wrote :
well I am really bummed that it would cost around $80 bucks a month for all three (audio,karaoke,and video) files!! Guess i will stick with my $9.99 Audio only subscription and keep getting my updates from other sources. oh well at least they will be mine to keep and not CASHE, In case my computer ever dies or i upgrade my laptop and have to start all over searching them.......

If you want to keep your files then you really should be buying the tracks anyway. The subscription services are not designed as a way for you to build your audio, video or karaoke collection. You do not own the files. If you sign up to the subscription thinking this is an alternative to iTunes then you really should think again.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:43 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:48 pm
djlarryd722 wrote :
In case my computer ever dies or i upgrade my laptop and have to start all over searching them.......

You can backup your cache folder. Then you can simply restore it should anything happen to your laptop or you purchase a new one. No need to download them all over again.

Backing up your VirtualDJ database and settings as well as your entire music collection on a regular basis is strongly recommended:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20backup%20my%20VirtualDJ%20database%20and%20settings.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Backup%20your%20music%20collection.html

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:52 pm

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:02 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well I can tell u there r issues with the Denon DN-S3700s when u put them in spinning mode (the program freezes and the music stops) and in pitch blend (it doesn't blend when u nudge the record backwards or forwards). Back to 7.3 for me unless someone figures this out.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
For the 3700 you need to put your Jog resolution back to 2960, as this will no longer work at 1480. As a side effect your platter is a lot more accurate.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:23 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ Cyder wrote :
For the 3700 you need to put your Jog resolution back to 2960, as this will no longer work at 1480. As a side effect your platter is a lot more accurate.

Ah ok! I shall give it a try!!!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:28 pm
I wonder if the Denon HS5500 platter warble issue is still there....

I'll have to give it a try.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:30 pm
12%