Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi my name is Alex I go under a 1 sound productions and I have a problem with my Mac for some reason I can only get it to play music through the head phone jack from the audio jacks in back of my ergo v. I also can't seem tone able activate any skins that I downloaded.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 2:52 pm
Hi Alex,

Please create a separate thread in the Mac support forum. This thread is purely for the new software version rather than users individual issues.

Thank you

Keith

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 2:55 pm
Thanks! Can't wait to try it!!

... And of course the best news is my "download centre" has lit up!!! :p

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:07 pm
DJAZTKAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Support staff wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Does it only work on text fields? Doesn't seem to work for the year field at the moment. BPM would be useful too.

For numeric field, you can (since v1.0) write 2010-2012 or 120-130 to search in a range

But if you mean to mix text and numeric (like "guetta 2010"), then yes it's not implemented in v7.3.
It will work in v8, and probably in v7.4

v7.4? So we will get at least one more update before v8...

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:14 pm
Christmas again!!!???

gonna put it through the ringer the next couple days on the home dinosaur...

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:17 pm
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
This is a great update I just downloaded it and played with it and loved it. Thanks Atomix for the great work.

Charlie

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:23 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
WOW, my two biggest wishes for VDJ just got answered!

I'm ecstatic! Thank you!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:43 pm
Way to GO VDJ!!! and I just had installed the previous version on my new windows 7 setup on the Old Alien (working great!),now I will have to upgrade again but I wont mind...wink,wink ;-)

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:50 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Charlie Wilson wrote :
So to increase the bottom end I could try

ParamEqualizerHigh = 6 500 Hz (ie 6.5kHz)
ParamEqualizerMedium = 1 700 Hz (ie 1.7kHz)
ParamEqualizerBass = 190 Hz

Settings I'm happy with are 7500, 1350, 180 but its a personal taste at this point.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 4:01 pm
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
whats Output Headroom?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 4:17 pm
Hi Cyder,

Thanks for chipping in, these settings are personal of course to your equipment.

All I really want to know is by lowering the low frequency number does this increase the bass?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 4:17 pm
As you know it changes the frequency but it's relative to your particular setup. Best have a play with the numbers to see what is best with your gear eg. If you have subwoofers a lower number is better.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 4:35 pm
DJAcr0PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks a lot for the Update. Its really amazing, the sound engine has gotten a noticable boost in performance and quality!
that's really one of the biggest news for me ;)

Can't wait for VDJ8 ! Keep up the good work!

All the best

DJ Acr0

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 4:37 pm
The new sound engine sounds much better ... I will have more time to play with this tomorrow but good work

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 5:35 pm
I think I set w7 updates to auto and it has mess things up.after i downloaded 7.3 I still see 7.2? ...plus it reloaded (updated?) the Hercules RMX drivers and that was screwed up.what should I do? uninstall VDJ 7.2 first? I will lose all the remapping I just did yesterday...

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 5:54 pm
@DjCel

Is there a way to modify the volume of every eq knob to obtain full eq kill on the parametric function?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 5:57 pm
WOW WOW WOW!!!! Sound is amazing!!! Wasn't really expecting the tremendous difference, so stoked!!!! Played some older mp3s to test it up against newer stuff, holy cow what a difference!!!

Thank you Atomix!!! You guys are really outdoing yourselves once again!!!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:06 pm
nevermind just as soon as that I remembered.reinstall new version and select "standard" install,NOT custom and reLaunch...Got the v. 7.3 ,also had like 20 tabs on firefox opened (?!?!)...clogging things a bit...duh!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:08 pm
Great!!!

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:10 pm
The limiter is not good for beatmixing and the parametric eq is not good for eq kills, so I will be keeping those features disabled for now. Other than that a good, so far stable release;^]

Posted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 6:21 pm
15%