Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok when is VDJ 8 comming out????? I know there's no answer for that but please hurry up! VDJ 7.3 works fine so far for me but this wait is taking too long.

I dont use VDJ's limiter anymore cuz I noticed when I mix 2 songs the volume turn down... If i'm playing 1 song it sounds fine. But when I play the other deck and turn up the volume fader it seems to reduce the volume. This is only when 2 songs are playing at the same time. It could happen the same if I play 3 or 4 decks... So I decided to stop using the limiter function.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 12:38 am
Just noticed a possible bug in VDJ Pro 7.3

If you disable the crossfader in config (windows version) when you restart it doesnt remember the setting.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 2:41 pm
Works fine for me. As I use an external mixer I always disable the crossfader and the setting stays.

Just checked again changing it & exiting VDJ and it does work.

Keith

Posted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 2:51 pm
I always have the crossfader disabled too, the setting stays.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 5:43 am
Are you using a MIDI controller that has a crossfader curve knob? If so, then this may be sending its position at start-up, causing the crossfader setting to be changed appropriately. If this is the case, you can disable it by simply deleting the mapping for the knob from CONFIG -> Mappers or change it to another function.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 11:20 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Settings may not save if not installed under the Administrator account.
To do this, try right clicking on the install file and select "run as Administrator"

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 1:00 pm
Support staff wrote :
Are you using a MIDI controller that has a crossfader curve knob? If so, then this may be sending its position at start-up, causing the crossfader setting to be changed appropriately. If this is the case, you can disable it by simply deleting the mapping for the knob from CONFIG -> Mappers or change it to another function.

Its a pioneer DDJ-SX installed as administrator and its definetely not saving the crossfader being disabled. Using the mapper by Phantom

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 4:10 pm
The DDJ-SX has a crossfader curve knob, so as explained above, this is sending its position each time you start the software, setting the crossfader curve appropriately and also re-enabling the crossfader again as a result.

If you don't want this, either delete the crossfader curve knob mapping, or change the crossfader's mapping to video_crossfader so that it controls the video crossfader only. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20mapping%20for%20a%20button.html

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 6:06 pm
Support staff wrote :
The DDJ-SX has a crossfader curve knob, so as explained above, this is sending its position each time you start the software, setting the crossfader curve appropriately and also re-enabling the crossfader again as a result.

If you don't want this, either delete the crossfader curve knob mapping, or change the crossfader's mapping to video_crossfader so that it controls the video crossfader only. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20mapping%20for%20a%20button.html

Mapping the crossfader to video_crossfader is not an option with the DDJ-SX because of the way the software routes the audio for the decks. If you do that you cannot output sound from any more than 1 deck. I will look into removing it from the crossfader curve mapping and see if that cures it.

its not a major problem just a little annoying having to turn it off each time I open VDJ Pro

Posted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 7:15 pm
BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Can anyone help !. Since 7.3 i seem to get errors all the time when trying to download video ?. Never used to be this bad but it happens all the time now. Hope someone can give me something on this. And I know video is a bonus but it used to work well!.

Posted Fri 18 Jan 13 @ 3:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is an issue with Video Netsearch at the moment in several countries. We are working on a solution. There will be a fix soon enough.
Thank you for your patience.

Posted Fri 18 Jan 13 @ 9:46 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
can we turn the sampler into a sampler? ( post-eq / fx) ?
also having to press match pitch all time?

when i sample a deck, i want WYHIWYG. the timing should be as tight as if i press the loop button. seemless and well timed.

agree?

good=)

lets do it! =)

Posted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 8:02 am
GGCOM wrote :
can we turn the sampler into a sampler? ( post-eq / fx) ?
also having to press match pitch all time?

when i sample a deck, i want WYHIWYG. the timing should be as tight as if i press the loop button. seemless and well timed.

agree?

good=)

lets do it! =)

More volume on the sampler would be good too, its always too quiet even on max.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 8:31 am
donde lo descargo la version 7.3 pro tengo ddj ergo v

Posted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 2:00 pm
This is an English speaking forum. Please use our Spanish speaking forum, they will understand you issue better.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 12:55 am
I'm looking to upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 8 pro, how will this affect the use of Virtual DJ Pro? Is it currently compatible with windows 8 operating system? Or should I wait?

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 12:06 pm
VirtualDJ will work with Windows 8, but some hardware that you are using might not be compatible. Please check the manufacturer's websites first to ensure all hardware that you plan to use will work with Windows 8.

Also, if you don't have any problems with your existing operating system, then there's no real need to upgrade. Never upgrade just prior going to going to a gig. Make sure that you have plenty of time to be able to test and resolve any problems that you may encounter.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 12:21 pm
I'm not able to recurse using mac vdj 7.3
Is this feature disabled on mac?

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 11:13 am
The Mac version doesn't support recurse - Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20No%20Recurse.html

Using filter folders to display the results you need is a better option and much faster (Recursing a large number of files/folders could take some to complete.)

Posted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 12:38 pm
kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How about effects? Will there be more effects, and can we get and Delay T3 effect like the one in Tractor?

Posted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 11:28 am
94%