Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
it is the same...with a new feature. lets not make it something its not.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:56 pm
found it, I had to tick the "Use NetSearch" under config/internet.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:58 pm
To use it ->> right click CloudList and choose "add new user" to add a friend or someone that will share his list...
and similar way make your own list...

You can try it by adding me for example -> "dj-in-norway"

To use the feature you need to be logged in at the internet option in VDJ Settings, and you do need a VDJ membership service to have the unlimited access to songs.

Cool ways to use this will be seen soon I bet, such as a member here asking for help with his coming latin gig, lacking songs and ideas, where other users can share their cloudlist with this dj, giving instant access to his playlists.

As well as you as a dj being able to access your own music from the cloud, from any pc or mac running VDJ, anywhere.

I'm sure this feature is something people will love as soon as they see the potential and use ;)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:59 pm
So are they just a cache or the actual mp3 and if I understand you right it's locked unless you have a premium membership??

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:11 pm
yea you need membership to load full song.

You can play 30sec (preview song) only.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:20 pm
Just tried the new cloud lists...

So they're basically a little bit like 'virtual folders' but they can only contain 'netsearch' songs. The clever bit is that the lists and the songs are stored in 'the cloud' (on the internet) so that you can access them from any computer with internet access and virtual dj on it.

The 'bonus' feature is my cloud lists can be viewed by anyone that wants to see them (or there is an option to keep them private) and then I can see the 'cloud lists' that other virtual dj users have made if I search for that user.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:23 pm
Yes, to have access to music unlimited, you need a membership subscription service...
Only way to have a legal service like that.. .
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

@andytaylor125 : yes you can keep them private, right click and choose "private" to keep your list out of view of others .

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:24 pm
A step closer to 8! Good enough for me...Thanks VDJ Team!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:35 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Interesting stuff...

"The cloudList in v7.x only lets you share netSearch results for now, but it gives you an idea of how useful this can be."

So any whispers on what's to follow then? Some kind of cloud storage option for locally stored tracks, maybe compatible with dropbox or something of that nature? The mind boggles!

Cheers for the update anyway, keep up the good work you crazy coding tinkering types!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:37 pm
thanks for the update, but the "download center" button on the website was not yellow as it should be, is this a website bug, or will it no longer light up when new updates arrive?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 7:52 pm
im LOVIN the update so far!!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 8:15 pm
Just got the update, thanks very much.
Trying to check out the cloudlist option but even though my internet is on when i go to the "internet" option in the config menu it tells me there is no internet connection so i can't log in.
Do i need to activate it somewhere else and is the log in the same as the log in to the site.
Thanks for your help and the update

Eamon

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 8:31 pm
djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Strange: I've installed 7.1, and have notcied that as soon as I click on a song in record box, it immediately starts to play. Is this a bug or a new featrure. How do i desactivate it, if that is a feature?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 9:10 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Not something new, you have just activated the little prelisten player at the bottom of the browser :)
The green play button.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 9:30 pm
djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ Apopsis thank you for the quicky reply. I suspected that it was something simple. I just never noticed it before on my skin.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 9:37 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Unreal- no update for sc3900s, This Controller Is a Definite game Changer, Needs to BE Mapped Midi to PLATTER
Maybe Next year I guess

JAMM

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Hey guys I just uploaded a nice cloud list for you to try out just add my name DJ Cyder and it should show up. Nice to see most of you guys enjoying the update so far.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:19 pm
Hey DJ Cyder and Team maybe we should have a sticky where we can all post are names for this cloud?? Also is it my Netsearch name that I would use??

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Hey DJ Cyder and Team maybe we should have a sticky where we can all post are names for this cloud?? Also is it my Netsearch name that I would use??

The CloudList names are the names that you have your serial registered under.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:44 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Tried to play one of the sample cloudlists on my mac, and it became very unresponsive, and it took me a long painful while to shut it down.... won't be doing that again.

Also, check the controller wiki at http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

Allen & Heat ??? lol might be a whole new venture!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:47 pm
20%