Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VirtualDJ 8, our next major version, is still under development, and currently in beta testing.
Because it has a complete new code-base, we definitely don't want to rush its release to meet some arbitrary deadlines.
So we'll keep poking at it and fixing big and small glitches until we are completely satisfied with it.

But, we realize it's been a year already, and we don't want to keep you waiting so long, so a part of our developer team has started to work again on the 7.x code-base, to continue to bring you updates in the meantime.

So, from now on, we will release small updates to the 7.x code-base, fixing small bugs, adding new controllers, and porting some of the new features from v8, until v8 is fully ready.
All this without compromising the stability, since the 7.x code-base has millions of hours of hard use to show for its stability.

So here is VirtualDJ version 7.1.
It fixes a few bugs that we found over the last few months, and incorporate the numerous new brands and controllers we have been working with recently, bringing the total number of natively supported controllers to 176.

It also features one of the new features of v8, called cloudList:
cloudLists are online-saved playlists, that you can share or access from any other computer.
- It can be used to share playlists with other users. Like, if some user ask on the forum "I've been booked for a salsa night tomorrow and I have no idea what salsa is, is it some spicy sauce?", and you happen to be a resident DJ in Varadero, Cuba, then you can make a playlist for this poor fellow DJ, and just answer on the forum to add you on cloudList.
- It can also be used to consult the latest playlist from your favorite artists or groups, and stay up-to-date on what's the latest hot tracks to play (check out the 3 channels on the virtualdjradio cloudList for example).
- Finally, it can also be used to save "private" lists for yourself, so that next time you're at a dinner at your friend's house, and you want to start spinning some tracks, you just need to log-in with your account on his VirtualDJ and you'll have all your playlists ready.

The cloudList in v7.x only lets you share netSearch results for now, but it gives you an idea of how useful this can be.

As usual, the update is free for all Broadcaster, Pro Basic and Pro Full users.
Just go to your download center and install it.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 4:47 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 4:51 pm
Thank You!!!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:02 pm
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Do we need to uninstall the older version(s) before installing this one, i am a Mac user

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:02 pm
No download for virtual vinyl pro users?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:05 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Where is the list for the new controllers/brands? Wiki still shows 7.05b.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:08 pm
Good Job... Thank you so much... but i'm looking at the list of the new controllers added, where we could find it?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:08 pm
Thanks for the update. The new controllers will be useful (for some) and bug fixes are always welcome but anything that uses the internet is useless to me. I live in England where internet access is flaky at best and certainly not good enough to 'stream' anything.

As for sharing playlists, thanks but I just email them!

Have you got anything useful coming up?

Cheers

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:17 pm
DJKichosPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:21 pm
Loving the Cloudlist Already!!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:21 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks!!!!

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJLo50 wrote :
Where is the list for the new controllers/brands? Wiki still shows 7.05b.

It will be updated shortly.

We will post the link when ready

In the meantime, you can see all the supported controllers, if you select the relative option in Config->Mappers tab (Mappers option button)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:28 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
still not working in VDJ 7.1 file info /change cover artwork/ from google /black art 1x1

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:42 pm
dj e-thrill wrote :
No download for virtual vinyl pro users?

You must wait on the OK from Numark...
but sometimes its al lot time :(
Better you make an upgrade to VDJ for small money , an have full support.
I dit it to..:)

Greetz
Thomas

ps. sorry 4 my bad englsich

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:47 pm
djnotalk wrote :
Entered my serial for VV, the site said "this serial cannot be used for an upgrade anymore...."

someone has used your serial for an upgrade :(

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 5:48 pm
Hmm, don't know if I need to upgrade just for a cloud service and net search videos..............

:'-(

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:10 pm
It's the same :'(

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:18 pm
Its not the same.. Its a FREE upgrade, with tons of new hot controllers added.. .up to 176 now ;)
And there is also a super cool new cloud feature where you can access your music anywhere, from any running VDJ on any pc.
As well as constantly updated cloudlist from djs world wide playing on VDJ Radio - where you'll get refilled with the hot new tracks non stop ;)

(But its of course not version 8 - that is to come .. ;) )

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:43 pm
thanks for the update.

How do I use cloudlist ? Is there such a list (sample) now ? I'm trying to find how to get a (any) list.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:50 pm
yes there is a "sample" list .. from VirtualDJ Radio .. look at your left side in browser.

And btw, the list from VirtualDJ Radio will be constantly updated with hot new tracks from the 100s of djs playing on radio - making it super easy to stay on the edge and have those club bangers ;)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:51 pm
10%