Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: STANTON DJC.4 audio problem - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the human ear/brain apparatus is not capable to distinguish more than 10bit, so a resolution of 16bit is great, but this is off topic and is not the subject of the issue presented here.
this is a noise/distortion not a sound quality resolution issue, please do not diverge

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:37 am
Anyone who is reading this topic -- please note and understand that this is NOT a grounding issue. This is an issue that presents itself whether or not a user's laptop is plugged into an AC adapter or if it is running on batteries.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:40 am
djlex wrote :
the human ear/brain apparatus is not capable to distinguish more than 10bit, so a resolution of 16bit is great, but this is off topic and is not the subject of the issue presented here.
this is a noise/distortion not a sound quality resolution issue, please do not diverge

Sorry Lex , didn't mean to change your topic

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:41 am
djlex wrote :
It looks like there are good units out there too, or at list working good enough for some of the owners.

As far as I can tell, everyone who has taken the time to listen through headphones to their DJC.4 unit as it powers on and the LED light sequence initiates hears the same noise that you and I both do.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 12:48 am
output:headphones. (master: front output/headphones: rear output)
sound card: 4.1card (djc.4)

this was my setting and the only time i had sound issues is when it was on start up of the djc.4 like everyone else. try these setting and let me know if it helped. when i used the asio it had alot of latency and glitches so its why i chose the djc.4.cheers

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:51 pm
sorry to post again but i meant (master:rear output/ headphones:front output)*

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 2:53 pm
johndiz0 wrote :
this was my setting and the only time i had sound issues is when it was on start up of the djc.4 like everyone else. try these setting and let me know if it helped. when i used the asio it had alot of latency and glitches so its why i chose the djc.4.cheers

Unfortunately these issues present themselves at all times. They are more apparent during the startup sequence when the bulk of the LED lights onboard the Stanton DJC.4 light up, but if you have high quality headphones and/or PA equipment, you can still hear the high pitched noise/distortion when the beatgrid LED lights up onboard the unit. The noise will also get worse with each subsequent LED light that gets lit up on the DJC.4 coinciding with normal operation/mixing procedures.

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 1:53 am
Well I hear the noise during the start-up but haven't heard it during a live gig. I'm not using some shitty headphones or a shitty pa system so please don't go there. So when I start up I don't wear my headphones and like I said I've never heard it during a gig.

It would seem that this should be posted over on the Stanton boards seems the problem is the controller and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the software........ haven't read ever single post but I don't understand what you plan to accomplish here......

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 1:57 pm
I have the buzzing noise that you talked about. Definitely correlated with number of led light, however I have another issue as well. I get no sound at all through the headphones channel. I have of course ensured that the master/cue dial is not the problem.

I'm presuming that this is a problem with the jack, as I haven't seen any posts on forums to suggest that anyone else has the same problem.

Is there anyone else who is having the same problem, or is there some way to activate the headphones that is not completely obvious?

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 3:27 am
I bought my stanton djc.4 a week after it was released and have not had any sound issues, so it might be a batch flaw. Ive dj at home, have done multiple gigs with it. No external power supply. only setting i did change was making sure the power to the usb port was uninterrupted. In the usb options i made it so windows did turn device off or on just constant power. But thats it with no problems

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 6:44 am
skunezHome userMember since 2013
Somatech. I've just bought a DJC.4. Cannot get my headphones to work either. Music comes out of the speakers OK, but I cant listen to the track I want to mix in. Ca anyone tell me if there's something Im doing wrong? Ive spent 3 days trying to work this out. I'm ready to take it back...

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 4:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Quite a few times Operating Systems do not properly detect all the available channels of a sound card and recognize it as a stereo one instead of a multi channel.

For Windows
Rightclick on the Speakers icon on your taskbar, choose Playback Devices, and select the Sound card from the list.
Choose Configure and set the sound card to Quadrophonic mode (4 Speakers)

For MAC OS
Open the Audio Midi Setup (Aplications-->Utilities)
Select the Sound card and choose Configure. Set to Quadrophonic (4 speakers)

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 8:44 am
While I do agree I think we should find out if he even has it configured the right way, he's made no mention of that yet....... so I'm asking what are your settings before doing what DJDAD said..

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 11:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most of the times for controllers with a MIDI mixer (like the DJC4) the Sound Setup should be ..
Inputs None
Outputs..Headphones (Master Outs 1,2 / Headphones 3,4)
Sound Card (ASIO or 4.1 or 4out for Macs) ... Sound Card Name

Note. The comment above regarding the Quadrophonic mode is for the Sound Cards that have no ASIO drivers.

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 12:25 pm
Hi,

Just got the DJC4 a week ago and I'm facing the same issue (noise in the headphones).

Has anybody found a solution ?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 4:30 pm
Just wanted to give you my findings with the Stanton DJC4 Sound Card (not resolved yet)

I tried all 4 of my laptops (PC: Windows 7) and not only was I getting that pulsating sound you state (which I play at a club, and pretty much can't hear it at large volume levels) but after 4 months of straight use, the sound coming out of it is distorted (almost sounds like a "robot". The sound starts getting "echoed" then the bass diminishes all together. I had to ditch the controller and use the laptop straight up (no bueno!).

I have two, but haven't un-boxed the second one yet (I got a great deal from Best Buy... thank God I got the 2 year extended warranty on them!). I'll be testing the second one to positively eliminate a laptop or driver problem (which I don't think it is).

I'll keep you posted, as I will be bringing the defective unit to the Geeks soon...

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 5:42 am
Secret Beats wrote :
Anyone who is reading this topic -- please note and understand that this is NOT a grounding issue. This is an issue that presents itself whether or not a user's laptop is plugged into an AC adapter or if it is running on batteries.

Thanks, this helps!

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 5:43 am

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 8:41 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did sent mine to Gibson and they fixed it, no more noise.
The master output it is quiet now.
The headroom is gone, when I compared it with my RMX it is about 50% but is clear and distortion free :)
The headphones preamp has a little preamp noise (no buzz, no hiss just preamp noise) but it is loud.

Gibson's customer service was great with good prompt communication, they picked up my unit and return it a week after.

It is great that Stanton stands behind their products, not like Avid with my dear Xponent which was treated like a bastard and support was discontinued, but I diverge that is another story for another thread.

Happy spinning!

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 11:44 am
I too purchased one back in june that ended up having the same audio issue, i contacted them, i sent it to them and received it back 2 weeks later with the issues corrected.
i love this controller. its even better with Traktor :P

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)