Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText v2 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just to let you know that an update to this is coming and is entering testing with the following major changes:

* Replaced font engine (again) with another new one
* Because of that the rendering code has been replaced
* Unicode bug in VDJScript queries has been fixed
* Font spacing is now optimised to be more natural - for example with the letters "Te" the e now comes slightly under the top of the T.
* SMS
* Random message order

There may well be a few other things in there too, although outline is currently broken but I hope to get that fixed for release.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 12:29 pm
I've just installed the SBDJ scrolltext v2 I was also asked to install a newer runtime update of some kind and a newer directx if this makes sense to anyone? I just followed the prompts I'm running vista 32bit on a laptop VDJ will open but nothing with play now and the CPU usage seems high. Would just like to go back to what I had before and flag using text throgh Vid, it would be easier if this feature was just inbuilt into the original VDJ 7 program. Please help I can't do any shows now

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 7:52 pm
My plugin will not prevent VDJ from working. Uninstall is as simple as deleting the dll from the VideoEffect folder.

The update was an MS DirectX update required by many VDJ video plugins.

If nothing will play then you have issues not related to my plugin. If tracks are not playing then your sound setup is the place to start looking.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 12 @ 9:01 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, love the new version. I saw the SMS config part. Looks like it expects to see the phone/texts in comm port form. What is the best way do do this? I have an HTC Rezound (driod). I did some searching but can't see any clear cut way.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 6:56 pm
It would need an Android app written to do it.

Personally I use a mobile broadband dongle :)

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 7:47 pm
micbob4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there a setting that makes the messages loop? Once there done playing they stop, and even if I re activate it it still does not start over.

Thanks for the help!

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 9:24 pm
I'm working on a release to address a few issues people are having. In the meantime if the plugin is not working for you then please revert to the older v1.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 12 @ 9:44 pm
No matter what I do, this is what happens with SText 2.0:

DirectX and C++ and all completely up to date. Driving me NUTS. No matter what skin, what resolution, uninstall, re-install, NADA. Same thing.

And that is NOT on a mac. I just took the screenshot of a LogMeIn session to the DJ machine.. LOL

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 10:32 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
leemanpa wrote :
No matter what I do, this is what happens with SText 2.0:
DirectX and C++ and all completely up to date. Driving me NUTS. No matter what skin, what resolution, uninstall, re-install, NADA. Same thing.

And that is NOT on a mac. I just took the screenshot of a LogMeIn session to the DJ machine.. LOL

What version of windows? Windows 7 the DX web installer works fine. Win XP I had to download the full distributable. Does the karaoke plugin work? I think that was one that didn't for me, without running the installer.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 11:03 am
Win 7 Pro.. Karaoke does not work either... Damn

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 11:29 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You Should have all these installed,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details-a.aspx?id=35

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 2:07 pm
I have installed sbdj Scroll Text 2 but it does not show up in Virtual DJ at all!!! Any ideas??

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 7:03 am
Checked all of the above, all up to date. I realized the setting window shows up on Monitor 2. It was behind the current effect. Dragged it back, all good. But the list window is still scrunched & hidden.. ???

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 7:19 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You most probably need to tweak you system, there are threads already on that topic...

Good Luck

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 8:35 am
Hi Scott

I seem to be having a problem with Scrolltext v2 with the new Windows 8.

When I load a text file and set it off scrolling it works as it should, but then, some time after (didn't notice how long) it loses the attached text file with nothing displaying on the output screens. On going into it again I have to re-load the text file for scrolling. Also after shutting down Windows 8, next time I start up and run VDJ I find that the text file has not been remembered like in W7. I have to load it again.

I'm sing a Macbook Pro i7 500gb HD bootcamped with a clean install of Windows 8 (32bit) with Media Centre add-on. All mp3, video & Karaoke databases on an external 1tb HD.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 5:01 am
i thought this was a plugin to add text in. like to display birthday shout outs , or the names of karaoke singers next in line. i cannot figure this out on how to use it in general.

i click on scroll text under video effects and want to add in something, but no cursor will not appear in the box on right. I tried right clicking too
It has this function right?

Mac user 7.2

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 1:04 pm
KarlDean wrote :
i thought this was a plugin to add text in. like to display birthday shout outs , or the names of karaoke singers next in line. i cannot figure this out on how to use it in general.

i click on scroll text under video effects and want to add in something, but no cursor will not appear in the box on right. I tried right clicking too
It has this function right?

Mac user 7.2

On the Mac version, left click on the + sign in the top left corner to add a message. You can configure each message separately.

You can add more messages by clicking on the + sign.

I have a list of messages scrolling along the bottom of my video screens constantly (I use the PC version on a Bootcamped Mac).

There's a separate text plugin that I use for birthdays, there's also a plugin for Karaoke although I've never used it (don't do Karaoke).

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 1:25 pm
Excellent it worked. Thanks for that.

i GOT A VIDEO FREEZE UP THOUGH. So i got registry tool downloaded and ticked on nvidia driver frreze bug and video use all memory, that should fix it though. Hope this helps. i had a pc recently and used this registry tool for it too.

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 5:14 pm
djfufoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, is posible when a playlist is loaded and the automix is runnin, display a text (artist, title, year) when the song start playing, then fade off and show every 1min until the next song is loaded and start playing and repeat the secuence for each song at the begining?.

Is posible show the scrolling text and the cover like described before?

PD: Please forgive my english, i'm Argentinian

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:39 am
If you are using the PC version then, yes I think so, although I have not tested it.
You need a single message that uses macros (not working on the Mac version yet).

This should work (copy and paste it into your Scrolltext);

Now playing #`get loaded_song 'author'`# - #`get loaded_song 'title'`# - #`get loaded_song 'year'`#

The "Now playing" is the text onscreen. The parts between and including the # character is the macro. The - character is the text character displayed between the macros. The part between the ' ' characters is the various different things that can be displayed (see the first page in this thread for what can be displayed).

Cheers
Les

Posted Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 9:01 am
56%