Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: "Echo Out" Plugin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the normal "echo out", but all it really does is echo whatever beat is played while the song continues. That is not "out" to me.

Is there a plugin that echos the last beat played, while stopping the song as well? Kinda like what the effect on the units do? For instance, when I use the "Break" effect, it takes the last part where I push the effect button and stops it like a turntable. I am looking for basically the same thing, but instead of breaking, I would like it to echo, on beat.

Does anyone know of a better plugin that will do that?

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 6:29 am
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The "Loop Out" plugin should work, but doesn't work so well for some reason, but the "flanged loop out" works great... any way to not use one that is flanged? lol

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 6:49 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you reduce to the 4th slider (volume) to zero it will not be flanged :).

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 7:58 pm
What are you talking about Loop Out not working well Jynxx? Its been working well for me for years. Then again, maybe you are using it in vdj7 while I am still on vdj5 (lol).

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 8:27 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Should you need morphing features, you can try the EchoDoppler. It has native one- and half-beat presets, but you can morph the length/speed just like on some standalone FX units. Just play with the first slider (100% dry to 100% wet, with both dry and wet in the middle) and the second one (delay length).

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 2:46 am
djjoffeHome userMember since 2012
i need this echo out effect so bad

Posted Tue 07 May 13 @ 2:25 pm

Posted Tue 07 May 13 @ 4:50 pm
this message is addressed to the virtual dj team member above ^^^^ dude what the **** is this complete nonsense you're telling us?? We have bought and registered this software, when we post on these forms we just need help with getting it to work correctly. For years now, this ******* software doesn't have an effective "echo out" effect that grabs the specific part of the song that we wanna echo out and does exactly that while stopping the track or masking the track (kinda like slip mode) as the track plays underneath.

Instead of you giving us a solution you get on the forum and try to give us a lecture about purchasing the software that we have already purchased for years?? Solve the ******* problem and get us a useful echo out effect or don't post your nonsense at all; you're giving us links to ******** places that don't even help us in getting the effect that we need while we already bought the ******* software. **** outta here with that ****, idiot.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 10:32 pm
So you bumped a 3 year old thread to off on them!?!?

That in itself is idiotic don't ya think??

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 11:07 pm
Oh Lord..LOL

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 12:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've removed the swear words from your post, please do not post like that again.

VirtualDJ8 has this functionality built in, you can simply activate the echo effect and stop the track. The echo will continue until it dies out.

To use this with your controller will mean that you will have to purchase a license for VirtualDJ 8 however. The free limited version that comes with your controller doesn't support additional effects and doesn't allow you to use v8.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 1:00 am
Actually, he has a point. From what I understand, the effects now, in VDJ8 are macros mostly... But is there a way to have a real Echo Out button, without having to stop the track?

Something that, when activated, give the echo of the last sound played while cutting the main sound of that track, gives you the number of echos that you chose and stops the beat if you let it play long enough (after the number of echoes have been reached)...

The loop out function does almost that but it changes the values on the loop option on the deck and you can't filter the sound within the effect itself...

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 4:37 pm
If you want automation:

get_beatpos & param_add 1 & param_cast & set 'EndBeat' & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 1 & effect_slider 'echo' 1 0.8 & effect_active 'echo' on & repeat_start_instant "AutoEchoOff" 1ms & get_var 'EndBeat' & param_smaller get_beatpos ? effect_active "echo" off & pause & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 0 & repeat_stop "AutoEchoOff" : nothing

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 8:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
a good script there exampling getting real time data, changing it, saving the changed data and then comparing that data against real time data.

could you detail about how to change a non whole number, ie beatpos, to a whole number, so that effects could be always on beat.

good examples of param scripts are hard to come by and this one covers a lot in a very understandable way.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 10:27 am
WOW!!! Amazing! I'll try it and see what that does...

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 1:07 pm
Unfortunately, there seems to be something missing/wrong in the coding... and I don't know much about vdjscript to firure it out...

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 3:12 pm
works here, what hardware are you using to call this script/.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 5:14 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
If you want automation:

get_beatpos & param_add 1 & param_cast & set 'EndBeat' & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 1 & effect_slider 'echo' 1 0.8 & effect_active 'echo' on & repeat_start_instant "AutoEchoOff" 1ms & get_var 'EndBeat' & param_smaller get_beatpos ? effect_active "echo" off & pause & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 0 & repeat_stop "AutoEchoOff" : nothing

could be better if the echo length string was cast as a number then added to beatpos to make a var 'caplength' ,
and instead of doing nothing query caplength smaller beatpos
yes nothing
no mute source

can this be done in a direct way or do you need to convert the length dial to a number by query

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 6:58 am
This one automatically turn echo trails ON (I forgot about that since I always have it on)
You should NOT turn trails OFF with this script as it will stop the trails on deactivation which effectively is the same as not enabling them at first place

get_beatpos & param_add 1 & param_cast & set 'EndBeat' & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 1 & effect_slider 'echo' 1 0.8 & effect_button 'echo' 2 on & effect_active 'echo' on & repeat_start_instant "AutoEchoOff" 1ms & get_var 'EndBeat' & param_smaller get_beatpos ? effect_active "echo" off & pause & set 'AutoEchoOutFX' 0 & repeat_stop "AutoEchoOff" : nothing

PS: I will explain the code one of the following days that I will have some more free time

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 8:32 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
This is interesting.
Can you include in the script Echo FX param 2 to length 2 bt?
Kindly indicate in bold so I can see it. thx

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 8:38 pm
42%