Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM Exhibition, Birmingham (pictures) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :

Tempted me to get rid of my MC6000 already!

I've just ordered the MC6000 after much consideration, I haven't seen anything that's made me wish I didn't yet...hopefully that will remain to be the case for a while, what do you think? Seen anything to rock the Denon boat?

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 1:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 1:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
bagpuss wrote :
I haven't seen anything that's made me wish I didn't yet...hopefully that will remain to be the case for a while, what do you think?

Well I liked the layout of the VCI-400, and I liked the quantity, size and feel of buttons available too.

At the time it was a toss-up for me between the NS6 and the MC6000. I couldn't get anyone localish to demo an NS6 so went for the MC6000 and I really do like it. It's a little cramped, I don't like the Denon drivers but on the whole it's OK. Having had a play I actually think I prefer the NS6 and VCI-400 though - it would be a tough toss up.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 2:11 pm
Wish I'd got it from the beginning but anyway some guy rapping US style

After having been there today and having a go with the Numark controllers I can honestly say their not for me, they feel weak and cheap as if their a toy (Fisher Price)

The Denon MC6000 and VCI400 on the other hand felt very good.

No eq for the mic's on the VCI 400! Why! Weird! Stupid!

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 2:50 pm
Exactly my thoughts on the Mic EQs too. I would hate not having them and would have to come up with a workaround. From a quick glance over the unit it appeared you can route the Mic inputs to some channels - although I didn't like the fact that the switch for that was on the rear.

I edited your post btw, since you meant rapping not raping and we don't want anyone throwing a hissy fit!

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 4:47 pm
Cheers Si,

At least I spelt Fisher Price right :)

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 5:13 pm
Who's Si? ;)

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 5:24 pm
any word on the Gemini CDMP-7000, or icon icreativ?

Posted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 9:47 pm
synthet1c wrote :

will ask today for you.

triggs.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 2:22 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Pictures are awesome, Pioneer and Numark looks great!

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 3:19 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Had a good day at BPM on sunday, no T shirts alas, although I swiped a few stickers to put on my rig at least! :)

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 4:47 am
That VCI-400 looks extremely promising! I love the fact that is has 'blank' buttons, more than enough to map any combination of features you want, with out it becoming one big workaround.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 10:23 am
Stickers?? t shirts?? alas there were none to be seen on saturday when i was there :(

Id like a sticker, where can i get one from???

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 11:53 am
triggers100 wrote :
synthet1c wrote :

will ask today for you.

triggs.

the gemini guys say it may be shiped in january 2012 or a bit later but not to later.

triggs

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 1:55 pm
cheers triggs, still think I might wait for the release of the vci-400 before making any major purchases.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 5:51 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
Stickers?? t shirts?? alas there were none to be seen on saturday when i was there :(

Id like a sticker, where can i get one from???

I've got a whole bunch if you want me to post you a few.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 6:36 pm
jbart19PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Delayed release of the Gemini gear is a downer, any word on a release date for the Numark MixDeck Quad ?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 7:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :

Well I liked the layout of the VCI-400, and I liked the quantity, size and feel of buttons available too.

At the time it was a toss-up for me between the NS6 and the MC6000. I couldn't get anyone localish to demo an NS6 so went for the MC6000 and I really do like it. It's a little cramped, I don't like the Denon drivers but on the whole it's OK. Having had a play I actually think I prefer the NS6 and VCI-400 though - it would be a tough toss up.

I got my MC-6000 today, I haven't set it up yet but the build quality is very similar to the VCI-100, the quality of the faders and knobs are also comparable, the Denon just has more resistance which on the pitch fader I like. I prefer the feel of the Denon jogs compared to the glass outter rim of the VCI controllers, feels more tactile to me. I have to agree it's a bit cramped but I usually work well within a small footprint, time will tell how much of a hindrance it could be. First impressions are very good though.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 9:00 pm

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 9:32 am
Great pics! Groovin I'm glad you got your shirt this year, lol!! Sucks about the delay on the CDMP-7000. Did anybody get a chance to play with the N4 or the MixDeck Quad??

Thanks for the pics and info
Huey

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 12:26 pm
73%