Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM Exhibition, Birmingham (pictures) - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So I went on Monday... Only option for me with me working at the w/end... The show didn't have the same feel as last year, but was not only able to to catch up with the Atomix team, but also Brian Redd and the ADJ team, Cutmaster Swift ;-) and watched DMC champion Switch rip up the vinyl on the DMC championship setup (No VDJ though)... Bit peeved that I missed Grandmaster Flash on Saturday!!!

Anyways, so I show my support by wearing my VDJ t-shirt and as I walk around the show I keep getting asked questions, which I duly answer - even the guy on the DMC stand asked whether the next version of VDJ would have a notepad function and scrolling text!!! So I pointed out SBDJ's great plugins as well as Firetext. He was a happy bunny ;-)

Then I get to the VDJ stand, catch up with the guys and just hang for a bit watching and listening to the tunes. One guy comes and asks me a question, and while I'm answering him a small queue forms and I end up helping 4 people!!!

Got another t-shirt for my troubles...

Happy to help as always,

Roy

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 1:40 pm
Yeah I think everyone that went there had a go, Numark was the best stand I think, didn't do much on the controllers as they just weren't my thing.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 1:45 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
GadgetMan wrote :
even the guy on the DMC stand asked whether the next version of VDJ would have a notepad function and scrolling text!!! So I pointed out SBDJ's great plugins as well as Firetext. He was a happy bunny ;-)

One of the guys mentioned to me - I can't remember which - but apparently most people aren't even aware my plugins exist :-/

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 3:58 pm
When will they be included in VDJ as a-posed to installing separately?

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 4:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Totally agree with that Charlie, the majority of Scotts plugins have been around a while now so it would be convenient if some of them came already installed, only thing you got to look at is any potential loss in any monthly donations he may or may not already receive. But I'm sure some sort of compromise could be worked out if thats the way Atomix wanted to proceed.

Then again, maybe's everyone is already happy with the status quo.

Cheers for the mention Roy.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 4:43 pm
I met a guy outside the show on the Monday morning prior to going in (I got there early and was grabbing a coffee)
that was really keen to help out on the VDJ stand - he was a long time user and had good product & computer
knowledge - but best of all, English was his first language!

He said he'd spoken to the teamers about it, but they were indifferent (or perhaps didn't understand).

Seriously Atomix, next time get some English guys involved! It will benefit you in the long run.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 6:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SBDJ wrote :
GadgetMan wrote :
even the guy on the DMC stand asked whether the next version of VDJ would have a notepad function and scrolling text!!! So I pointed out SBDJ's great plugins as well as Firetext. He was a happy bunny ;-)

One of the guys mentioned to me - I can't remember which - but apparently most people aren't even aware my plugins exist :-/

You forgot me already Scott ? ...lol

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 6:53 pm
djdad wrote :
You forgot me already Scott ? ...lol

I couldn't remember if it was you or Heiko that said it. I was fairly sure it was you but didn't want to look more of a tit than usual!

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 7:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
Seriously Atomix, next time get some English guys involved! It will benefit you in the long run.

One of the greatest strengths of Atomix is the international flavor, therefore we have a diverse team to be able to assist you in almost any language.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 8:17 pm
superaceman wrote :
groovindj wrote :

One of the greatest strengths of Atomix is the international flavor, therefore we have a diverse team to be able to assist you in almost any language.

Totally agree :-)

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 6:27 am
djdad wrote :
All i remember was a boy who wanted to mix in our main live booth

The guy I met wasn't a boy.

He was a black man, aged around 30, with a shaved/bald head and glasses.

He gave me a card with his contact info, if you need it.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 6:36 am
superaceman wrote :
groovindj wrote :

i was there all three day with the guys and there english every good and they did underdtand every guestion that people put to them and if there was a hardware problem they even had a look and fixed it . after the shows they sat down and spoke about the people they met and how things was progressing at the show most days was 11hours a day that with out the packing down and setting up of the stand pluss going online and issuing licenses for which they have sold during the day which they sold a lot of. they had all the right controler's on the stand so eveyone can have a go also think it was 50/50 on english & europeans come to the stand. so i think they did a an outstanding job so i did see some of the forum help answer questions when they came to the stand.
so a big congratulations to
George
Max's
Babis
Heiko
Sven

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
groovindj wrote :
djdad wrote :
All i remember was a boy who wanted to mix in our main live booth

The guy I met wasn't a boy.

He was a black man, aged around 30, with a shaved/bald head and glasses.

He gave me a card with his contact info, if you need it.

Yes, i think i remember him. He was around for several hours. All he asked me, was to mix live, and even if we had strictly directions not letting anyone to use our live mix stage, we allowed him to play for a few minutes. The reason we could not let anyone use our live stage, was because of some BPM rules (e.g. music would be cut off if we exceed specific db level), so we could not risk that.
Can't tell if there was something else that he wanted. I didnt personally speak with him, but as above, i am sure no one from the Team could ever deny voluntary assistance.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:21 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have just returned to the base.
I want to thank all the forum members who visited our booth.
It been very nice to meet you guys live and I thank you for the friendliness.
In particular a big thanks to triggers100 for the very good time and sbdj to have drunk with me a very good beer!;)
I hope to see you guys next year More and more!!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:05 pm
Thanks for buying!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:13 pm

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:15 pm
Thats ok max's.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:19 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Here is a video from the BPM - sorry in German - but nice to get an impression what we did ;-)

[/quote]

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 8:08 am
Hey, it's Vossi!

Posted Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 8:12 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
;-) Yep

Posted Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 8:12 am
98%