Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM Exhibition, Birmingham (pictures) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Haven't seen any threads on here about the BPM Exhibition.

According to the BPM website VirtualDJ will be exhibiting there on Stand K3.

Unfortunately, the description relates to last year i.e. "The VirtualDJ stand will also feature an exclusive sneak preview of our new flagship soon to be released : VirtualDJ PRO 7. This version allows the dj to mix on more than two decks, making live remixing and mashups a breeze. Our new to come version also features other great improvements that visitors will get a first chance to see at the BPM show. Exclusively."

Anybody going?

http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/index.php

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 4:14 am
Yes, I'll be going as usual - working on the DJ Tutor stand.

Gonna have another bash at getting myself a Virtual DJ T shirt this year.

Hopefully Atomix will crew the stand with people who understand English this time!

:-)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 9:17 am
Yeah I'll be going.

Just went to plasa, jesus BPM killed it! not a single item of DJing equipment at the event.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 10:22 am
Nice that they fill their website with last years content..

"The VirtualDJ stand will also feature an exclusive sneak preview of our new flagship soon to be released : VirtualDJ PRO 7. This version allows the dj to mix on more than two decks, making live remixing and mashups a breeze. Our new to come version also features other great improvements that visitors will get a first chance to see at the BPM show. Exclusively."

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 11:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will be wondering round the show on Sunday I suspect.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 11:49 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :

Hopefully Atomix will crew the stand with people who understand English this time!

Then you better do not talk with me.... my English is....outstanding.....(bad) i think ;-)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 12:08 pm
im trying to get there on the Saturday this year :)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 12:25 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Should hopefully be there on the saturday... :)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 1:47 pm
i will be there - so i think we can talk ;)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 2:23 pm
KrisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'll be there on Sunday - doing a DJ set on behalf of Mastermix for "Funked Off DJs" - productions that me and a friend of mine have done. I'll be using Virtual DJ for the set too - it's only half an hour - of our remixes.

http://www.facebook.com/funkedoffdjs - recently uploaded a bit of a megamix of our productions onto there

Posted Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 9:59 am
groovindj wrote :

I'm just wondering which of my 2 Virtual DJ t-shirts I will wear ;-)

I'll be there on Monday. Not the best of days, but I always wonder why this show is put on ove a weekend when most working DJ's are busy Thurs-Sat!!! Plus with a 2-3 hour drive each way risking that on any day when working in the evening is very risky...

If I went Saturday I'd have to leave by 3 to get home in time to prepare for work, I don't see much of Sunday mornings either :-)

I'm sure plenty of DJ shows in the US are week day based for this very reason...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 4:06 pm
Well I think it's quite simple...

You know BPM will be on, and you know when (approx at first, then exactly).

So you don't accept bookings for those days.

Job done.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 5:01 pm
But if you are a club DJ with weekly residencies.....................

......and/or self employed DJing for a living........

Posted Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 10:25 pm
Excuses!

If you really need/want/have to be somewhere, you arrange it.

Anyway, I've just been wondering:

Last year Atomix showed VDJ7 at BPM. So maybe this time it'll be VDJ8?!

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 9:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
A lot of people want to go to these shows but Soulman and other guys have mentioned they have responsibilities and contracts to honour so it makes life difficult when shows and contracts conflict, it's why they would like to see midweek exibitions.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 10:47 am
DJ Times and Mobilebeat, are the two main shows in the US. They are both Mon through Thurs. Why would you have a show on the weekends? I don't know about you guys, but that is my money making time. These shows are dessert, not the main course. You want a bigger turnout, have it during the week. You don't have your wedding reception on Monday afternoon, do you?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 2:10 pm
Luckily this year I'm not working on Sunday night, so, may make an appearance on Sunday. But, my fellow DJ that has just took over my Sundays wants to go............... on Monday! Dilemma............... and they have a Video DJ seminar on Saturday grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 4:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I met some of you last year (DjSoulman, Groovindj etc).
It will be a pleasure to meet you again this year.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 7:04 pm
I'll be there on Monday...Hope to catch up with folk I know...and I'll be demo'ing on the Numark Stand...Now do I wear my VDJ T-Shirt...or blag a Numark one...lol

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 4:53 am
Well was really looking forward to going (better half didn’t mind also), and then all hell breaks lose in work. :(. No more BPM for me and have had to get my mate to cover my gigs :( :(.

To all that are going, hope you have a good weekend and post plenty of pics please.

On another note though I have noticed that Serato will be showing its new controller software ( Serato DJ Intro ).

Think they are after a slice of the LE controller market, little to late I think as that horse bolted along time ago and it has not got half the features that VDJ LE has.

Look forward to all the good news from you lucky lot going.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 5:34 am
24%