Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: key code problems - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

I recently bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro midi controller, as part of the bundle I also recieved the LE version of VDJ - I installed everything and it has been working great for the past few weeks, however yesterday when I loaded the program up it informed me that my \'20 trial\' had expired and that I should upgrade to the full package.

I followed the link to this website but to upgrade, you need to enter in the serial code again - I don\'t have this anymore.

I presumed that once I had installed everything I wouldn\'t need it, and seeing that it was only printed on a thin, paper CD sleeve, didn\'t consider it to be very important.

I still have the original CD, obviously I still have the mixer.

I live in Korea and bought it from an online shop called GMARKET, I have made some enquiries and found out that the seller they used is based in the US and called Hangill Trade, I called them and they said that they bought it from \'Amazon\' - and that is where the trail stops...

So I\'m stuck - I have no serial code, but I did buy this system legally - I can provide receipts or photos or any other info - PLEASE HELP.

...one thing must be said though, if the serial code is so important why is it not printed on the actual software cd, or included as a file within the actual cd - or even come with a note explicitly stating that you will need it to upgrade to pro and that it should be kept in a safe place?

I realize that ultimately this comes down to me but I feel that Numark/VDJ should also take some responsibility.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 7:29 pm

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 9:50 pm
Right - well even though VDJ claim to be unable to help me and others who may find themselves in similar situations, I think it is still worth posting in the vague hope that they may reconsider the system that they employ with regards to serial numbers.

We live in the digital age, so why we should be dependent on a cheap, paper cd sleeve is beyond me.

- Include the serial number as a file on the software CD.

- Either that or instead of registering your code on the website AFTER you have installed the software, how about having to log in and register/recieve the serial number BEFORE you can install.

Both of those ideas would prevent people losing/throwing away key codes and would probably also gain more business (upgrades) for Atomix.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 12:13 am
While you have made a few suggestions, I'm just curious all of those are just as easy as, As soon as you install your software why not register it....I can't tell you where my sleeve is with my Serial, but I knew I would lose that as I have kids, so I registered it on the site as soon as I installed it... & not only that, atomix doesn't produce the hardware so I'm sure they probably bulk ship the cd's 2 the different hardware manufacturers & they leave it up 2 the manufacturer 2 put a disk in with the hardware, So how could they track what serial you have with your hardware??? & Virtual DJ the full version without upgrade is almost the same price as other software in this category, & they have better support, IMO....

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 1:28 am
The two ideas that I suggested just seem obvious as - the software CD actually contains 2 files, the installation program and a user guide (pdf) - to make a 3rd, containing its serial makes a lot of sense to me (notepad doc).

I actually threw the sleeve away, I remember doing so - I was cleaning up and it looked like trash...it was only later on that I realised what I had done.

For the 2nd suggestion, VDJ LE leads you to this site after 20 days - which in my case was AFTER i had lost my serial number, if it had taken me to this site immediately and requested that I enter the code straight away, I wouldn't find myself with this problem.

...as of now, I have sent a message to Numark and am waiting for a reply - I really hope they can help me because I want to upgrade to the full package, but there is a big difference between a $300 outlay or a $49 upgrade.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 3:33 am
The software CD included with the controller is duplicated in bulk by the manufacturer so it is not possible or practical for them to include the serial number digitally on each CD.

The serial number is printed on the sleeve of the installation CD and it is your responsibility to keep this safe for future reference and/or re-installation.

If you have lost the serial number then you should be able to retrieve it by contacting the manufacturer Numark support http://www.numark.com - They should be able to retrieve it from their records. Once you have retrieved it, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and register it to your profile. You can then obtain it again in future and download the most recent version of VirtualDJ LE at any time by going to the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

NOTE: The upgrade from MixTrack Pro LE to the full VirtualDJ Pro is $149 NOT $49. Prices starting at $49 * (*): Price of the upgrade depends on the product you upgrade from. The $49 upgrade is for users of the full Numark Cue software who wish to crossgrade to VirtualDJ Pro. MixTrack Pro LE gives you a very generous discount of 50% ($149)

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 5:10 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
if peope had any brains to begin with they would register their software when they first got it and have permanent access to their serial number via the vdj forums...

complaining about a personal trait of not looking after your software licence codes is just wrong. "your code, your responsability". one of the main reasons for registration of software (any software) is to give you the full benefis of being a registered user. i.e, access to your registered serial number at any time to aid with re installation or troubleshooting.

most dj's treat their software and codes like gold and know those codes and discs are just as important as their hardware.

speaking of codes i need to pop over to the NI user forums to see if theres anyone yet who wants to swap my traktor code for their vdj one so i can have my MTP listed under my name...

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 6:31 am
Blulite - thanks for ur input.

I realise it was (mostly) my responsibility and my mistake - I said that in my initial post.

I would've registered if I had known about this website - which is why i recommended that in future the software comes with a note or suchlike explaining the process and it's importance.

I'll live and learn on this one.

...but ur might want to keep ur negative BS for some place else.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 7:20 am
johnnyads wrote :
Blulite - thanks for ur input.

...but u might want to keep ur negative BS for some place else.

strange, i have to keep my "negative BS" (just plain fact and told how it is) for somewhere else??? as opposed to what?? giving my 2 cents somewhere im a "reistered" pro user, who has been around the forums for several years. who remains active and loyal and has their registrations and products in order.

dude your a no licence user and i should save my BS??

now if my opinion is BS then thats fine by me. rant over.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 10:32 am

Superaceman, rd423, support staff - all made helpful points and comments - thankyou.

Thankfully it seems like i have gotten somewhat lucky, Numark were extremely helpful and provided me a record of my keycode - I am now a registered user and will soon be upgrading to VDJ PRO.

Looking fwd be being a bigger part of this community.

Peace~!

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 11:02 am
I never register any software or hardware unless I'm forced to when making a warranty claim, I understand the johnnyads' POV. There's a 'shifted' key stored in the registry which Virtual DJ support could technically reverse - however, I'd imagine them being unwilling to do so without a proof of purchase. Even though it should be possible, it probably lies with the MFR (Numark) to recover your cd key from the serial number of the unit.

Edit: looks like I'm too late - nice to see you as a registered user johnnyads, welcome to the forums.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 11:07 am
glad to see its sorted anyway..

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 11:10 am
johnnyads wrote :
Numark were extremely helpful and provided me a record of my keycode

That is excellent news for you and helpful for other users in the same situation. Happy that everything worked out in the end for you. Enjoy the forums :)

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 11:35 am
wonder if numark would be so kind as to swap my traktor code with a VDJ one lol. might give it a shot..they can only say no.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 11:42 am
:D:D:D:D:D they did :D:D:D:D

numark gave me a new vdj LE code so i could register my controller on ths forums how cool is that. 100% respect for Numark.

<<<<<< look now i have my MTP under my name too..

Posted Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 12:51 pm
Hello,

I recently bought a audioline dj mixer and correctly installed and used virtual dj LE, however i got a virus on my computer and had to reset it and had to reinstall VDJ and as the serial number (for the software) was on a thin sheet of paper i misplaced it and have looked everywhere, while reading through the forums i realised that i had to contact the manufacturer but i could not find the email address for Audioline (in australia) and was wondering if anyone knew it / the link to the forums (if there are any).

p.s i have not registerd the key on my account.

cheers,
thanks in advace

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 6:37 am

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 7:29 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 10:18 am
hey guys, just bought VDJ Broadcaster from Office Max here in Hermiston, Oregon for 29.99 with one free month of Grooveshark.. i was so sad ti find two single side printed pieces of paper the first one reading
"Virtual DJ Broadcaster
Use this code to activate the program
(nothing printed just white)
And get ready to release your inner DJ

(License Agreement)
www.encore.com

...the other paper was Grooveshark with the "redeem" code im at a lose atm program installed
tried code on the Grooveshark paper..no dice

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 2:45 pm

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 2:48 pm
56%