Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmagicmoments wrote :
The VU meters do not work... no matter how high I have the volume set.

If your VU meters are not working then there is nothing in VirtualDJ that can be done. The VU Meters are HARDWARE based and not controlled by the software. The only way they would not work is - they are broke - or - you are using a soundcard that is not the built-in Numark NS6 soundcard

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 11:16 am
djmagicmoments wrote :
Yes, the effect changes when turning and pressing down but the name of the effect remains the same (on screen). I can not scroll through effects because the name never changes.

The VU meters do not work... no matter how high I have the volume set.

Also, what are the leds blinking across the top... no clue what they are for.

I experienced the same issue with my MixTrack Pro and the condensed hi res skin. Supacon helped me fix the skin, here is the info he shared with me. May not be the same skin but the language is the same.

" You can fix the skin immediately by unzipping it and editing the XML in any text editor (notepad, if you have to).

Find and replace all text that says "effect 1" to just "effect"

Then change text that says "%effectslot1" to "%maineffect" "

Good luck,
T

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 12:48 pm
Many thanks!

I will try this when I get home.

Also, I understand that this is all new to everyone and I am IN NO WAY complaining about Virtual DJ with my questions. I appreciate all of the help!

Scott

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 1:13 pm
I cranked up the volume and started seeing the meters. I have to say, once I blasted it, the sound is clean and through two older Tapco Thumps the bass was hittin hard. I don't recall the NS7 ever sounding that good.
Nonetheless, three things I keep experimenting with are :

*Video crossfade with all 4 decks ( although yet to hook to tv, the videos don't seem to fade into one another, I have to click on the corresponding deck number to display. If your active on deck 1 is the crossfader in the middle and you then blend by using each channel volume, unlike the two deck where your crossfader goes from left to right? Cause I hear deck 1 and 2 no matter where the crossfader is )

*Sync decks ( sync works sometimes, but not often and I'm chasing the wave alignment with a non-motorized wheel )

*A - B Sampler / FX ( is very cool, but still trying to figure it out

Have to admit, I like this unit, but theres allot more going on than before, its very busy.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 6:05 pm
I have to move the deck crossfader assignment for deck A from the left to the middle and then back to the left again to get the crossfader to work properly.

Other than that, all is working fine now.

LED meters do work,... had to do some serious cranking to get them to show.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 8:29 pm
Download the PDF from above and look at it -- specifically what are silk screened on the unit as 'beat grid' buttons ... they select your video output for crossfading ...

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 8:45 pm
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
Do not press DOWN and turn ...

When you PRESS down the Effect Select knobs it toggles the effect for that deck to get access to the Deck's FILTER effect. That is why the FX A/B buttons blink. To get out of that mode then press the Effect Select knob/button again. Then just turn the knob to change the deck's effects.

ups, yes of course ! Sorry, my mistake.

But like I said above, if the effect is selected, it is visible in the skin and works as indicated in the skin. Give it a try with the Rusty v.3.1 skin.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 4:25 am
HACKIDPRO InfinityMember since 2008
can someone posts the world's first video of the couple VDJ+NS6? :)))

NS6 probably will be my next controller!

Thanks!

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 11:02 am
Live at a wedding tonight with the NS6... will report the results.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 4:19 pm
I reported this before but I wanted you to know that I must do this everytime for the crossfader to work.

I have to move the deck crossfader assignment switch for deck A from the left to the middle and then back to the left again to get the crossfader to work properly. If I do not do this, the crossfader does not fade out to deck B.

Once I move the button as stated, the unit works as it should.

Scott

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 9:11 am
Ahhh, was wondering about that. I also noticed only the right deck will Auto Sync, left deck does not. I'm so used to spinning platters for minor correction, the NS6 wheels are a real challenge for me to align beats manually.
So how did it perform otherwise at your gig??

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 3:24 pm
Yes, the 'LEFT DECK' assignment of any crossfader at startup is a problem that we are aware of.

If you put all your decks to the left before starting VirtualDJ you will see none of them get assigned properly to the left crossfader side.

For now, you just need to make part of your setup process to toggle Deck 1 and 3 to center and back to the left after you open VirtualDJ.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 4:02 pm
Ok, got that issue solved, crossfader works nicely. Any idea about the SYNC only working on one deck or randomly?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 6:37 pm
Answered in the standard Numark thread - since someone asked the same question ....

When you are in a 4 deck configuration - sync will only synchronize to the deck that is selected as the Master deck. If the Master Deck is deck 1 when you press Sync on Deck 1 it will not sync with anything else. You can change the Layer_A and Layer_B buttons so that the last layer button you selected becomes the Master Deck - or - click on the word Master on the skin above the Sync buttons.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 9:10 pm
Hello. That worked perfectly. But what if i'm using a 2 Deck skin? or do I not have that option to use the NS6 properly?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 10:00 am
Are there any other 2 player skins in the works for NS6 with proper player configuration?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 10:18 am
The VirtualDJ Default 2 deck skin (and any other built for Version 7 skin) works perfectly fine with the NS6.

There is no such thing as a 'proper player configuration' when you are talking 2 decks.
When on a 2 deck skin - you can not switch layers anyhow (because you don't have any additional decks).
So any mapping that references deck 3 and 4 are essentially disabled when using a 2 deck skin.

As for Sync - it works just fine (no need to toggle a Masterdeck) with 2 deck skins because there are only 2 decks.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 11:18 am
Cool.

But that's where i'm running into the Sync Button problem on the left deck. When I used the 4 channel skin and selected deck 1 for the master the sync started working. On the 2 deck skin it's failed again.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 11:31 am
i think it's possible sinply map a button that you not use.. as "master" button for that deck ;-)

Using shift ...there are a lot of buttons unused, i think

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 11:36 am
what he said :-)

So I did have to change Layer A and B to "masterdeck". Pressed it once on each side once VDJ is open (along with the crossfader fixing) and it's all good on the two deck skin. Thanks.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 11:46 am
23%