Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok, "None - Headphones - Asio" I've got sound, but it doesn't sound 100% clean. I'll be messing with this thing all night, its growing on me. Tried using Itch, what a POS program, I don't know how anyone can navigate files in it, but sound quality is excellent and effects are fun.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 8:06 pm
Now, I shut my macbook pro down and restarted and now I have no communication with the unit.

I can control VDJ through the screen but no buttons at all work on the NS6.

HUGE disappointment for sure.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 8:49 pm
That sucks, but this happened with the NS7 & MC-6000... took a week or two to get everyone straight. And for anyone reading, the mic doesn't have that funky delay the NS7 did, which is a relief since I wanted to use this unit for karaoke.
Let me try my Mac and see how it works, maybe I can help you out!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:16 pm
Thanks... any help would be appreciated!

VDJ does not recognize the mapping for the NS6 at all after shitting down and restarting.

Also, master volume playing through headphones. Activating the headphone buttons on the NS6 does nothing.

Anyone else having these issues?

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:26 pm
Reinstalled VDJ fresh and no change.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:29 pm
I reinstalled the mapper TWICE more and installed the drivers AGAIN from Numark. Restarted, plugged, unplugged, VDJ on & off a few times and got sound with "None - Headphones - 4 Out".
Not liking that I hear both decks no matter the position of the crossfader and that the LED volume display doesn't light up.
But I've got in running in Win & Mac, enough for one night, hope ya get it!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 10:12 pm
With some more tinkering, I've discovered the crossfader does indeed work normally, you have to have the decks assigned properly. And the headphones work as well, the right knob being volume and the left controls cue.
Just wish the LED deck volume worked, I kinda got used to using that with the NS7 to match volumes.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 10:24 pm
It looks like im going to wait a little bit until they solve all the issues with the Numark NS6 before I buy it.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 10:38 pm
I am getting much more information on this...

I doubt seriously that this is a VDJ problem but rather a Numark problem but I certainly welcome any input from VDJ support on this.

thanks

Scott

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 10:00 am
Update... I got this 95% fixed....

Here is how.. they sent me a file to correct the firmware to the unit... it worked and now it connects just fine.

I run Serato itch and all decks work perfectly.

This is where I need Virtual DJ's help...

On players 2 and 4 (The right side players ONLY have problems - works perfectly on players 1 & 3), when I hit the headphone cue button, it works as it should. The preview is in the headphones. However, when the headphone cue button is NOT on I move the volume slider up (on either deck 2 or 4), the volume comes through the headphones. The headphone cue/pgm pot is set all the way to cue and the split cue button is off.

I have the audio configuration as such...

Advanced Configuration
deck 1 - Numark USB Audio - Output 1&2
deck 2 - Numark USB Audio - Output 1&2
deck 3 - Numark USB Audio - Output 3&4
deck 4 - Numark USB Audio - Output 3&4
Headphones - Numark USB Audio - Outputs 1&2
Headphones - Numark USB Audio - Outputs 3&4

I only have options of Outputs 1&2 and Outputs 3&4.

What am I doing wrong here guys?

What is your working setup?

Also, how do I turn off the sync buttons... having worked with the mixdeck for so long, I am afraid I will hit that as the Cue button.

Also, I need to turn off the blinking on the cue button...

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 11:22 am
Any acknowledgement from VDJ?

Wedding on Friday and Saturday and would love to have this issue resolved.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 4:19 pm
I've been checking for public response all day, even checked You Tube. I thought I had this thing running, and although it does work with VDJ, theres no way I can take it out of the house. Theres more wrong than I realized since 11 PM last night, and now its either hope someone provides a solution or back in the box it goes. I believe Guitar Center gives you two weeks to return.
Sad part is, I cant be mad at Numark, the thing works like it should with Itch.
Which makes me wonder why Atomix hasn't designed their own controller like the S4, the demand is obviously there. Perhaps thats something in the works, who knows ;)

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 4:39 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok ... the setups are ...

Inputs - None
Outputs - Headphones
Sound card - Numark NS6 ASIO
Put a check in the Ultra-Latency

The Outputs are Master - Chan 1&2 / Headphones 3&4

You DO NOT Setup the unit for each individual channel - that is all handled internally to the unit.

You DO NOT need to install ITCH for this unit to work.

Just go to the micro-site for the NS6 and get the drivers --

http://numarkns6.com/support -- click on the software link on that page.

Also, if you want to use a skin that is in the proper 3-1-2-4 order then download this one - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13260/VirtualDJ_7_%28Deck_Order__3-1-2-4%29.html

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 5:45 pm
Oh - and don't try and run Itch at the same time with VirtualDJ ... it won't work. -- Yes, people have tried ... :(

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 5:51 pm
Thanks but we are running Macs.

Expected a better response to address ANY of my issues.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 8:12 pm
Ok. None of it is different except what the soundcard is - just Numark NS6 after selecting 4-out.

Don't over think it. Follow what I gave you. Also you might want to contact Numark and confirm your firmware. There has been some that reported needing to get an update. So if you haven't exhausted all avenues then you should contact Numark as well.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 9:44 pm
Thanks...

A few things...

I don't see VU or volume meters working at all.

When I turn the knob to change the effect, the effect changes but remains on the same effect visually in VDJ. In other words, if I go from Echo to Flanger, the NS6 will change the effect but I still see Echo on VDJ.

What are the lights that scroll across the NS6 by the "mouse" section. They seem to be very random.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 7:38 am
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
djmagicmoments wrote :
Thanks...

A few things...

I don't see VU or volume meters working at all.

When I turn the knob to change the effect, the effect changes but remains on the same effect visually in VDJ. In other words, if I go from Echo to Flanger, the NS6 will change the effect but I still see Echo on VDJ.

What are the lights that scroll across the NS6 by the "mouse" section. They seem to be very random.

VU meter shows the master output level only.
If you change an effect with the knobs on the NS6 and you push the knob after selecting the effect, it will also show in your skin (i.e. Rusty v3.1 skin). It works with me (Win7 Home Premium, 64bit).

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 8:29 am
Yes, the effect changes when turning and pressing down but the name of the effect remains the same (on screen). I can not scroll through effects because the name never changes.

The VU meters do not work... no matter how high I have the volume set.

Also, what are the leds blinking across the top... no clue what they are for.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 9:02 am
Do not press DOWN and turn ...

When you PRESS down the Effect Select knobs it toggles the effect for that deck to get access to the Deck's FILTER effect. That is why the FX A/B buttons blink. To get out of that mode then press the Effect Select knob/button again. Then just turn the knob to change the deck's effects.

From the download page for the mapper -- "The download for instructions has a PDF template of the unit showing the mapping labels for the unit's controls."

Download the PDF doc that shows the mappings here -- http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download/src/13230/VDJ-NS6.pdf

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 11:14 am
15%