Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skin change with LE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BuRN1NPRO InfinityMember since 2011
is it possible? when I click config it only gives me two options, buy now or 20-day trial. I got my window minimized but I can still tell that it's not the right resolution because the bottom of VDJ is cut off

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 10:16 pm
Sorry, the software that you received with your MixTrack Pro is a free limited edition and does not allow custom skins, effects, etc. to be used or the program configuration options to be changed (Except during the 20 day trial of Pro.)

To be able to use custom skins, effects and much, much more you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a significant discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your software serial number in the box provided at the bottom of the page.

You can also try out Pro features in VirtualDJ v7 Home FREE by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This software will allow you to test your MIDI controller with it for 10 minutes at a time before reverting back to internal mouse and keyboard control only.

NOTE: The default LE skin requires a minimum resolution of 1024x768. For smaller screens (E.g: NetBook), there are smaller custom skins available, but to use these, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 5:01 am
so "vdj le" is a demo...if so waste of money

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 4:37 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ShiftKat wrote :

LE is limited edition, but not a demo. Just like different versions of Windows for example. Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate...

Check here to see the differences.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Posted Fri 14 Sep 12 @ 8:01 pm
ShiftKat wrote :

It's not a demo, it's fully functional DJ software. You can browse, load, play, mix....all the things you need to do.

It's just a Limited Edition - limited to working with the hardware it was supplied (free of charge) with.

And aside from not costing you a thing, if you upgrade from it you'll get a discount on the version you buy.......so it actually saves you money.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 12 @ 4:40 am
HI I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED THE XDJ R1 AND IT SAYS THE VIRTUAL DJ SERIAL CODE HASE ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED, I HAVE VIRTUAL DJ LE FROM WHEN I BOUGHT MY PREVIOUS CONTROLLER BUT WOULD LIKE TO USE IT WITH THE R1, PLEASE CAN YOU ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THE R1 SKIN FOR MY LE OR REINSTALL IT WITH THE R1 SKIN THANKS

Posted Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 7:50 pm

Posted Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 9:39 pm

Posted Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 5:25 am
Also, you can't use LE versions with controllers other than the one with which it was supplied.

Your XDJ-R1 should ship with its own LE version (if you bought it new).

If the serial number for that version has already been registered (maybe by a previous owner if you bought second hand) then that licence cannot be transferred.

Posted Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 5:33 am
I got the Virtual Dj LE, that came with the pioneer WeGo, I did activate de 20 days trial of PRO, and used a SKIN, after the trial expires when starting the SW in LE mode it shows me a message regarding the skin it not compatible with the screen resolution, but I can't change it cause it's a PRO "function", what can i do? try to delete the skins from the skin folder, but then the SW crashes when executed cause it can't find the skin. Any solution or just delete everything regarding the SW and reinstall? thanks (sorry for my english, i'm from Chile, and spanish is our mother tongue language).

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 11:36 am
You could replace the problem skin with a renamed copy of the standard skin.

So if the problem skin is called 'freezinghell' then make a copy of the default skin and name the copy 'freezinghell'.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:27 pm
Simply re-install the software over the top of itself and it should revert back to the default skin.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 5:31 am
how much of a discount will I receive??
on what version of Virtual DJ will the discount work??

I like to have options
but to be more specific will this give me a discount on VDJ 8 home and if so how much.

Posted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 1:16 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
V7 LE --> V8.1 Plus Controller = $10 discount
V7 LE --> V8.1 Pro Infinity = $20 discount

Posted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)