Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: iRemote Sneak Peak - Page: 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Simon Bailey wrote :
Personally, I can't see what all the fuss is about. Are folks serious about actually using an iPhone/iPad as a controller for a live gig?

I think I'll stick with my CDJ's and MIDI controllers...

Well, as a solo operator at a wedding this could be useful during announcements. Sometimes
during an intro the wedding party has a certain song and the bride and groom have a different one. with this app i can be where i need to be in the room and make the announcements and musical changes easily.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 11:30 am
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
Simon Bailey wrote :
Personally, I can't see what all the fuss is about. Are folks serious about actually using an iPhone/iPad as a controller for a live gig?

I think I'll stick with my CDJ's and MIDI controllers...

Well, as a solo operator at a wedding this could be useful during announcements. Sometimes
during an intro the wedding party has a certain song and the bride and groom have a different one. with this app i can be where i need to be in the room and make the announcements and musical changes easily.

I can see where Simon is coming from. Shouldn't you be with your equipment? Where else would you be? Wouldn't you have a mic for yourself and then anoher at the table where everybody makes there speeches? Surely your not having everyone behind your equipment.........

Huey

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 11:42 am
I have been using remote tablets since 2003 in a number of gigs and in the right situation it's the best thing ever.

It's nothing new ..... Philips Desxcape (2003), Vaio U70 (2004), Vaio UX1 (2007) and now the ipad.

A lot of people are frightened to approach the DJ on his pedestal, but the DJ taking the music to the people puts a whole new slant on it.

Trust me, it works!

Keith

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 11:49 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think it would be great for certain situations. Not as your main controller...that would not be smart.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 12:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No one said that an iPad or an iPhone will ever replace controlers and cd players. But certainely it's a very usefull tool, and yes i would love to see that feature in VDJ. Christmas ? I hope so.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 12:14 pm
First never trust someone who says trust me, lol!! Second if there scared to come talk to the DJ he needs to smile alot and make himself more approachable, if that's even a word, lmao!!

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 12:16 pm
Well if that was projected at me I have to ask so I can hear reasons. As some of you know or my NOT know I use a Wii Remote in the same way as people use the I pad but I can't show my library of music. I can skip tracks trigger effects etc, etc. So if you take my words as a personal attack, DON'T!! I am only curious as to HOW and WHY people would use it. I thought no harm no foul but I can see were all a bunch of candy asses in here............

Good Day, fellas???
Huey

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 12:38 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If it's me...I was just stating something. I'm doing what works for me. Will I use the app?... hell yeah!! There are times during an event where it could work for me. Will I use it to rock an entire wedding?...hell no!!! Will someone else?...I don't care.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 4:55 pm
their are a few good reason i can think of that i remote can be good to have for when a dj'ing he/she when working on their own can control while taking a smoke break getting a drink using the washroom and u can also use it as a sample pad for intense sampling or even just a third deck now that vdj supports more then 2 and i am sure people will come up with more good reasons when it is available.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 5:04 pm
It's there now!

So.. someone please make a vid so we can all see how it works.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:04 am

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)