Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Notepad - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Likin that idea!!! A Tabbed Notepad that can be saved!! That is a SWEET idea!

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 4:40 am
Having a few issues getting this up... can you tell me what i need to do in order to remedy this....

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 1:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Absolutely no idea, I've never had that error with any plugin before. Have you tried redownloading it?

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 2:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Notepad.dll is not a video effect

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 4:49 pm
Well noticed that man.

You need to place the DLL file in the "Other" folder under plugins, not the videoeffect folder.

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 6:22 pm
thank you for that plugin! its really nice to have!

is it possible to have that plugin somewhere in the browser section like on the right side?
that would be awesome to have it all the time on screen for writing the plalist.

is it also possible that it save automatically everytime when i close it?

i have it on one button now to open the window and close it everytime with the X but maybe sometime i forget to push the save button before clothing, so that option would be good.

thank you!

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 9:02 pm
It's not possible no, but you can map a key to pop up the box.

It doesn't currently autosave but I'll probably add that soon. The contents are persistent though during a session of VDJ.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 9:06 pm
thank you for your fast answer....
i try it out at the moment with the new vms4 skin, works quiet good with the popup but a autosave by closing with the "x" would make the plugin perfect!

again thank you for the helpful plugin :-)

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 10:26 pm
philcolPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Help me out here, please can you tell me how to map out a key to 'pop up the box'.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 4:49 pm
SBDJ wrote :

set '$sbnotepad_show' 1              Opens the notepad popup
set '$sbnotepad_show' 2 Opens the notepad popup maximised
set '$sbnotepad_show' 3 Closes the notepad popup

go to vdj mapping go on + keylearn and than as action set $sbnotepad_show 2

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 5:16 pm
Thankyou!

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 5:29 pm
Hey Scott I know your a busy man but is there any word on a "Clear" button?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 6:15 pm
I'll sort it out.

Quick question for those who use the plugin:

Is there any need for the window to be shown in the plugin control itself or is the popup sufficient?

I reckon the popup is sufficient IMHO.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 6:47 pm
Thanks bro!! and for me the Pop-up is great.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 6:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The pop-up is enough for me too !

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 7:29 pm
Cool; text window in plugin is history then. Makes implementing tabs easier ;)

Next question:

At the moment the plugin creates a new text file everytime VDJ is run, and is obviously stamped as such in the filename.

Would you prefer it to always open the same file, requiring the user to manually backup/replace files, or is the current behaviour better?

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 8:23 pm
for me its better like it is now.....
i use it to write my playlists in...
the only thing i want, if possible, is an autosave option when i use the "X" to close the popup.

btw. on my notebook sometimes when i push the button to open it in popup, nothing happens.
then a have to open it with the other button in full screen and than i can also open it in pop up...

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 8:47 pm
I would say leave it the way it is cause of people using it for request and such. Having a new 1 open wouldn't be any help to those guys. This is where the "Clear" button comes in handy ;-)

Just my thoughts
Huey

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 8:29 am
Scott can you make it so when using "set '$sbnotepad_show' 2" the window is not maximised but let me define the size of the window? For me I have a button set on my skin that will pop out the window but a right click will close. Wnen Maximised the right click is not needed. Also I use it for the filter folder examples, when makin a filter folder I want to see both windows at the same time. Hope that makes sense...........

Thanks for your time
Huey

Or am I just missing something here? Should note that when using "set '$sbnotepad_show' 1" it doesnt always show up that why I have to use "set '$sbnotepad_show' 2"

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 9:20 am
Arggghhhh for some reason I can't set the mapper up!!! do you need the ' or not ?

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 2:28 pm
53%