Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Notepad - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
v1.0 of this plugin has been uploaded.

Requirements: VirtualDJ Professional v7.0 or later

This is a fairly new class of plugin for me - and others it would seem too. It appears on the plugins page under "Others" as SBDJ Notepad. As you can see there is a text input window and three buttons.

The filename is automatically chosen and saved in the Documents\VirtualDJ folder. The filename is based upon the date and time that the current VDJ session was started.

Since this page is a pain to navigate to in a hurry, another option exists. A popup window can be displayed from the plugin page. The plugin also monitors the variable $sbnotepad_show. Currently the following actions exist:

set '$sbnotepad_show' 1              Opens the notepad popup
set '$sbnotepad_show' 2 Opens the notepad popup maximised
set '$sbnotepad_show' 3 Closes the notepad popup

The plugin does not require activation - once installed it runs *all* the time that VDJ is running. To disable you have to remove it from the Plugins\Others folder.

The plugin also creates an ini file that stores the popup window location and dimensions. You can also modify the font size in this file.

Let me know what you think, once (if) it is approved by the team.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:02 pm

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:31 pm
Super Job!! Works just how I thought it would!!

Thank You and great Job!!
Huey

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:37 pm
Cool :)

Slowly working through my to-do list!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:02 pm
Man this is a blessing!! I have used it to store the commands for making Filter Folders cause I always forget the script, lmao!!

Thanks again
Huey

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 11:06 am
Maybe I'll add some tabs at a later date. It was aimed at being simple though - pop up, write, save if you want kinda thing. No complexity ;)

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 11:10 am
Dont get me wrong, the easier to use the happier I am!! Come on youve delt with me before, lmao!!

Huey

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 11:29 am
I have just installed this but am having problems locating it, I'm obviously doing something wrong, I'm a novice level can some one please give me some guidance as to how I can find it, I'm using the basic skin. This would be a useful feature for me

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:58 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Plugins\Others

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:30 pm
1 thing that keeps happening now is, when I open it it always shows the last note. How do I get it to display an empty sheet everytime?

Huey

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 4:39 pm
Thats the whole point though isn't it, you don't want the notes to disappear every time you save or close the window do you?

I could easily add a clear button or some other way of clearing?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 7:23 pm
Yeah your right, lol! I think a clear button would be nice though. Then I could clear it out after I have saved it or eles it would just keep adding too.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 7:43 pm
Love this plugin.

I use if for requests etc so I wouldn't want a blank page everytime.

However a clear button would be good at the end of or beginning of a gig. :-)

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 5:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The VDJ community is glad to have people like SBDJ, TexZK, DjCel (i certainely forget a few more), who with theire knowledge and creativity make this wonderfull software even better, even easier and even usefull !

Thank you all.

Great plugin mate.. it will certainely make my djlife easier, and i hope that your ToDoList is long enough to make everyone happy !

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 3:43 pm
Just a quick question for SBDJ does this save the notes if the laptop was to crash.

For example if I used it to make a note of requests and the laptop crashed would I lose the list?

Running Windows 7 if it makes a difference

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 5:30 pm
If you click save, then no, all text will be saved to a file automatically.

Adding an autosave would be trivial... :)

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 5:50 pm
mix_96PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djcel wrote :
Plugins\Others

I think what you mean is : Effects\Others ?

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 4:41 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
No, it is for example: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Other"

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 5:04 pm
Scott, it really ROCKS!!!!! something I've been using as a separate plug in, now inside the VDJ.
Thanks for your help.
BTW, I using it just to have some lyrics and many others signs to be displayed at night.
Cheers
Ju@n

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 9:12 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow,

Love this plug-in.
Finally I can get rid of my papers.
I'll carry a few documents with tips & tricks on music choices, customer demands & requirements ....

If you could build in tabs and make that for each tab we can load another document, this feature would become a super tool (although it is that already)
Don't know if this is possible.

1e tab: tips & tricks
2nd tab: customer requirements
3th tab: music requests (on the fly requests)
4th tab: keyboard shortcuts

The number of tab tabs shown could be in the ini file

Thanks for looking to it.

Regards,

Johans

Posted Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 6:08 am
27%