Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Notepad - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi, had problems with saving my Notes

Tried anything but if i press on save nothing happens.

I created manually an textdocument and opend it.
changed something but saving did not work

any Idea

greetz Lucky

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 2:07 pm
Would this plugin work on mac?
Steve

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 4:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not unless you use it under bootcamp I'm afraid.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 6:38 pm
is it possible in any way to get this plugin workin with OSX?
can you build that for osx too?
if so i can test it with/for you...

i used that on my windows every time and it was working well and i'll be miss it on my new mac....
hope you can something for us mac-users

thanx, dominik

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 7:03 pm
I don't presently own a Mac which makes it near impossible to develop plugins for that platform I'm afraid.

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 8:16 pm
I have tried all the mappings discussed in here but can't get it to map or pop up...can you help please...

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 6:22 pm
Firstly does the plugin display an interface when you browse to it from within VDJ?

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 7:52 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ Notepad is having issues for me.
The notes only exist while the program is running, I can not save them. Also, the pop-up will not pop-up. I am able to load text files. If I close VDJ, then reopen, the notes are also gone. I also tried mapping the popup open to a key, thinking maybe it is a skin issue.

I am running XP, with the latest updates. I just verified that I have the most recent version of VDJ and the plugin. I am using Rusty v3.1 blue PC skin, if that has any bearing.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 12:49 pm
blckjck wrote :
The notes only exist while the program is running, I can not save them. Also, the pop-up will not pop-up. I am able to load text files. If I close VDJ, then reopen, the notes are also gone. I also tried mapping the popup open to a key, thinking maybe it is a skin issue.

I am running XP, with the latest updates. I just verified that I have the most recent version of VDJ and the plugin. I am using Rusty v3.1 blue PC skin, if that has any bearing.

Well, I'm running Windows 7 now, and I can save. Will try it on my backup laptop when I have a chance. Thanks for the response... ;-)

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 5:39 pm
I didn't see your post, sorry!

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 6:25 pm
blckjck wrote :
....... Also, the pop-up will not pop-up. ......... I also tried mapping the popup open to a key, thinking maybe it is a skin issue.

same Problems i asked Month before but i was ingnored too :-(

i have no problems with saving and reopen files..but the popup did not work..don't know why....

Posted Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 3:34 am
A lot of the time I post from my mobile and it's quite easy to miss posts.

Luciano in your last post you had problems saving. I assume you've resolved those now and can't get the popup to open?

What have you mapped to open it?

Does it open if you open it from the plugin?

Posted Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 6:47 am
Seen a few on this thread saying they use Notepad for requests. Can't see the point in that tbh. I may be old fashioned, but, I use a traditional notepad and pen for writing down requests. Then when I get a minute I search for the request and queue them up in the playlist at the right of the screen (which also tots up the time). Some requests (slow tempo R&B) that management don't like me playing in the early part of a night, I will put in the side list for retrieval later. When I've played a request I cross it out on the notepad.

The point of the 'real world' notepad is that if the computer crashes or needs rebooted for any reason, the request list can easily be rebuilt.

I am well known for playing lots of requests, last Friday from 10pm-2am I had 54 requests and played 50 of them. Saturdays are not as busy, I had 48 requests and played 45 of them. I don't normally count the requests, just something I did this weekend out of curiosity.

Where the Notepad could be useful for me would be announcements such as upcoming events, football matches, special drinks offers, etc.

Haven't got Notepad yet, only just come across it, but, gonna get it now and install. :)
Thanks Scott
Cheers
Les

Posted Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 9:10 am
No problem, i know you have a lot of work...

tried again, with an complete new installed system, which works perfect with all things i tried before..na latency etc.

Tried to open from plugin but did not work

i mapped

key "n" - set '$sbnotepad_show' 1

but nothing happens

save does work without any troubles....

maybe you can help me...

i tried the TCmania 2.3 & Rusty skin

& additional the VDJ 5 Standard Skin

Posted Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 1:55 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I didn't see your post, sorry!

No worries. It's not like your busy or anything. I see all the plugins and forum responses that you do, and if your still running gig's, I can't see how you find the time for it all.

To answere your question, the save works, pop-up does not, even if I just click the button in the plugin window.
This was tested on my Windows 7 box. I went to test it on my XP backup machine, but update Tuesday is in full effect, waiting for 31 updates.

BTW, do you prefer to be called SBDJ or your name on the forum.

-Max

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 10:58 am
Yup, still running gigs and a whole lot more than that!

I'll have a look and see if I can work out what is going on.

You can call me either Scott or SBDJ, I really don't mind :)

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 4:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Yup, still running gigs and a whole lot more than that!

I'll have a look and see if I can work out what is going on.

You can call me either Scott or SBDJ, I really don't mind :)

Between my electrical contracting, a single father of 2, and my PC repair, I hardly have enough time for practicing and DJ'n. Don't know how you fit any sleep or downtime in. At list music is relaxing, that is my downtime. I do gig's because I enjoy them.

I have verified that I can save in both XP and 7 Ultimate, but with window does not pop out in either. That was using the button in the plugin for both.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 5:34 pm
I manage to find time for a couple of hours a night, I know how you feel though - I gig a minimum of 3 nights a week, work for Atomix in support, have freelance activities in other areas and have a disabled son to look after. Somehow I manage to squeeze a bit of sleep and plugin development in there.

I'll have a look at the popup issue and see if I can find a problem.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 7:24 pm
Couple of quick questions:

How are you saving, since the save button is in the popup window.
Is it possible the popup window is opening behind VDJ?

It should open on top and stay always on top but try moving the VDJ window out of the way - don't minimise as it will hide Notepads window too.

Perhaps I'll make the notepad window a standalone window rather than a child window.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 7:30 pm
i got no popup

i tried the following....

used miniskin 1024*600 (my skin is 1366*768)

tried open window...nothing happens..moves the skin..but found no window popup

so i have no more ideas

Posted Wed 14 Mar 12 @ 7:46 pm
80%