Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it possible to have both Virtual DJ 6 and 7 installed? Perhaps I install them to different folders? I have next gig on saturday and of course I want to try vdj 7 but if it's still unstable, I want to switch to virtual dj 6.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:25 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
jaakko wrote :
Is it possible to have both Virtual DJ 6 and 7 installed? Perhaps I install them to different folders? I have next gig on saturday and of course I want to try vdj 7 but if it's still unstable, I want to switch to virtual dj 6.

No need to do anything.
Version 7 executable file on pc is virtualdj_pro.exe, while in previous version 6 it was virtualdj.exe.
So your version 6 remain untouched if you install over.
My only advice, (because the two versions can share the same database) : it is always a good idea to keep a backup of your v6 database.
Version 7 has some new database features, such as nested folders that will not shown if you run version 6.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:38 am
Thanks for the release. I will be trying this this week.

Can anyone tell me if the MIC issue on the NS7 has been fixed? I didnt see it in the Wiki specifically, but maybe it was described in different words.

Thanks

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:45 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Ns7 mic working select inputs mic in the top box of the sound config.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:48 am
thanks,gents ...great way to start the day!

where's the EW platinum snippet edition? my can of tuna ??

i thought it was gonna be 10/10/10 .......in the 10th year ....

did Tayla get his forklift ??? so exciting .......

is it stable ?? can you make a shoe stink ? you wimps......

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:49 am
Nice that you relesed a "free" version. That mabye can get rid of some cracked versions!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 7:59 am
SergNetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
THANK YOU VDJ team for the innovations that were added to this version, and of course...ALL YOUR HARD WORK. We greatly appreciate your efforts!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:02 am
Good Job Team. Nicely done

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:07 am
mp3jrick wrote :
You're welcome

Anything positive to say?

Not at present, because I can't run the multi deck skins at the native resolution for my screen.

<sticks tongue out>

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:12 am
OMG, I think my heart just stopped when I saw the VDJ 7 banner on top of the website! Didn't expect this to come out anymore this week. :D Can't wait to test it.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:18 am
groovindj wrote :
mp3jrick wrote :
You're welcome

Anything positive to say?

Not at present, because I can't run the multi deck skins at the native resolution for my screen.

<sticks tongue out>

Use Skin resizer, I just modified the VDj 2,4 and 6 deck skins to 1900x1200 resolution :-)

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:30 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks guys. Im going to have to wait a whole 9 hrs before I can install it. Maybe I can install it at lunch time.

thanks,
David

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:41 am
OMG, looks like the mac version finally plays FLACs!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:42 am
Well done to all involved, the dev team, the team and the testers. A job VERY well done =)

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:46 am
oh yeah... been messing with it since early. recorded mix already of 4 decks at once. havent even read updated manual or played with video yet.

i'm in love...

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:56 am
Just thinking of all the skins and mappings that might come out within the next months makes me jump up and down in excitement.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:59 am
Thanks VDJ TEAM!

I was still using 5.2 until just recently. I went to 6.2 and became delighted with the newer version. Created mappers. Thanks Jp!

I hope I can still use my old 6.2 mappers with version 7.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:07 am
very apreeciated for the new version!!! ready to test!!!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:08 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very thankful to the team and staff of VDJ.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:16 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank you VDJ!!! It's your birthday Atomix but we got the presents!! Great product! Can't wait to go live with it and rock the house!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:22 am
12%